RemedySpot.com

new story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

this story took me along time to edit because of weird system that makes the lines run on for ever and ever so I had to work on it for about an hour, eek. Anyhow I wanted it up esp. since I have Jen's photos in the photo section, she went through allot, I want to thank her for her story and photos and she looks so much better without the implants

Good for you Jen!

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hi Dani,

As for the correlation between positive EtGs and gastric bypass, there have been a few reports here, but I don't know if there's a statistically significant correlation. Is her name Donna? also mentioned a nurse in Fresno. I'm just trying to figure out if we're all talking about the same person or if there are several cases of this!

If she's in CA BRN probation, her testing is done by NMS, right? You can look at all their certifications at http://www.nmslabs.com/2004/licensure.asp. The only thing that's missing is SAMHSA certification (see the list at http://dwp.samhsa.gov/drugtesting/Level_1_Pages/LstClab060206.aspx). However, since our program is not part of any federal program or workplace drug testing program, I don't think it is required to be SAMHSA-certified.

As for EtG labs, there are 5-6 now--NMS, NWTox, Redwood Toxicology, TASC, and USDTL.

I am curious what they are doing with this nurse's license. Sounds like, for the most part, everyone believes she's telling the truth. Is her license suspended? I can only tell her that, unless they tell her that they will not test her for EtG anymore, her problems will likely continue. I would suggest she attack the test's credibility and it sounds like she's been given some hope by her doc's personal attorney. Maybe if he's experienced in this sort of thing, he'd be willing to issue a "cease and desist" letter to the labs with a threat of follow-up legal action. I'm not a nurse, but I'd love to talk to the guy!

EtG is water soluble and therefore should not be stored in the fat tissue.

Lorie

New story

hi everyone, my name is Dani and I'm a RN in Northern CA. Have been following these posts for many months and have emailed back and forth with Lorie a few times but never posted myself. I tested positive for Etg once in July of 2004 after 2 1/2 years in Diversion and just now started on probation. I go to my support group every week and recently have seen a rise in positive Etg without drinking in our group and one of the nurses asked me to share her story and see what type of feedback I could get, so here goes.

This RN has been in the probation program for 2 years without problem, had gastric bypass surgery mid last year with many complications. Probation decides not to test her because she is in and out of the hospital and did recieve pain medication which they were aware of. She is now doing much better and has lost a significant amount of weight. Has now started being tested again and recently all her Etg's have been positive without drinking, even her probation monitor does not believe she has been drinking. So she goes to see Dr. Vonsteiff who has seen her, and many other RN's in the program, before. He is the Drug and Alcohol Rehab program director for a major hospital. This doc decides to call the board and is then given a number for the lab who did the test. After several minutes he returns to the exam room very upset and tells this nurse that the lab testing our urines is not certified. He then asks her to wait because he wants to make another call, so she does. After 30 min he comes back and states he called his private attorney who would like to take on the case and requests that all the RN's that have tested positive in our group contact him.

So needless to say she is a little overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. Now, from reading all these posts it is my understanding that only a couple labs do our Etg testing, is this correct? She did not have the name of the lab when I spoke with her.

Also I am assuming that at least a few of you have already checked on these labs and would have already been aware if they were not certified?

Also one of the other nurses was wondering if Etg could be fat stored and due to her recent weight loss could have caused her positives??

We are finding it difficult to believe that these labs would not be certified.

Any input???

Thanks for reading

Dani

Guest guest

Not the same RN, this one is in my Concord group. Her license so far has not been suspended but her case was just turned over to the Attorney Generals office last week. I will be seeing her tonight and will ask her if she minds if I give you the docs phone number. We have had 3 other RN's all test positive in the last month, it seems like every week someone else comes up positive, everyone is scared to death. Thanks for the input, I will share it tonight with her. DaniLorie Garlick <lorieg@...> wrote:

Hi Dani, As for the correlation between positive EtGs and gastric bypass, there have been a few reports here, but I don't know if there's a statistically significant correlation. Is her name Donna? also mentioned a nurse in Fresno. I'm just trying to figure out if we're all talking about the same person or if there are several cases of this! If she's in CA BRN probation, her testing is done by NMS, right? You can look at all their certifications at http://www.nmslabs.com/2004/licensure.asp. The only thing that's missing is SAMHSA certification (see the list at http://dwp.samhsa.gov/drugtesting/Level_1_Pages/LstClab060206.aspx). However, since our program is not part of any federal program or workplace drug testing program, I don't think it is required to be SAMHSA-certified. As

for EtG labs, there are 5-6 now--NMS, NWTox, Redwood Toxicology, TASC, and USDTL. I am curious what they are doing with this nurse's license. Sounds like, for the most part, everyone believes she's telling the truth. Is her license suspended? I can only tell her that, unless they tell her that they will not test her for EtG anymore, her problems will likely continue. I would suggest she attack the test's credibility and it sounds like she's been given some hope by her doc's personal attorney. Maybe if he's experienced in this sort of thing, he'd be willing to issue a "cease and desist" letter to the labs with a threat of follow-up legal action. I'm not a nurse, but I'd love to talk to the guy! EtG is water soluble and therefore should not be stored in the fat tissue. Lorie New story hi everyone, my name is Dani and I'm a RN in Northern CA. Have been following these posts for many months and have emailed back and forth with Lorie a few times but never posted myself. I tested positive for Etg once in July of 2004 after 2 1/2 years in Diversion and just now started on probation. I go to my support group every week and recently have seen a rise in positive Etg without drinking in our group and one of the

nurses asked me to share her story and see what type of feedback I could get, so here goes. This RN has been in the probation program for 2 years without problem, had gastric bypass surgery mid last year with many complications. Probation decides not to test her because she is in and out of the hospital and did recieve pain medication which they were aware of. She is now doing much better and has lost a significant amount of weight. Has now started being tested again and recently all her Etg's have been positive without drinking, even her probation monitor does not believe she has been drinking. So she goes to see Dr. Vonsteiff who has seen her, and many other RN's in the program, before. He is the Drug and Alcohol Rehab program director for a major hospital. This doc decides to call the board and is then given a number for the lab who did the test. After several minutes he returns to the exam room very upset and tells this nurse

that the lab testing our urines is not certified. He then asks her to wait because he wants to make another call, so she does. After 30 min he comes back and states he called his private attorney who would like to take on the case and requests that all the RN's that have tested positive in our group contact him. So needless to say she is a little overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. Now, from reading all these posts it is my understanding that only a couple labs do our Etg testing, is this correct? She did not have the name of the lab when I spoke with her. Also I am assuming that at least a few of you have already checked on these labs and would have already been aware if they were not certified? Also one of the other nurses was wondering if Etg could be fat stored and due to her recent weight loss could have caused her positives?? We are finding it difficult to believe that these labs

would not be certified. Any input??? Thanks for reading Dani

Guest guest

Right, but the lab doing the testing for you (which is NWTox in Utah, right?) is listed.

New story> > > > hi everyone, my name is Dani and I'm a RN in Northern CA. Have been following these posts for many months and have emailed back and forth with Lorie a few times but never posted myself. I tested positive for Etg once in July of 2004 after 2 1/2 years in Diversion and just now started on probation. I go to my support group every week and recently have seen a rise in positive Etg without drinking in our group and one of the nurses asked me to share her story and see what type of feedback I could get, so here goes.> This RN has been in the probation program for 2 years without problem, had gastric bypass surgery mid last year with many complications. Probation decides not to test her because she is in and out of the hospital and did recieve pain medication which they were aware of. She is now doing much better and has lost a significant amount of weight. Has now started being tested again and recently all her Etg's have been positive without drinking, even her probation monitor does not believe she has been drinking. So she goes to see Dr. Vonsteiff who has seen her, and many other RN's in the program, before. He is the Drug and Alcohol Rehab program director for a major hospital. This doc decides to call the board and is then given a number for the lab who did the test. After several minutes he returns to the exam room very upset and tells this nurse that the lab testing our urines is not certified. He then asks her to wait because he wants to make another call, so she does. After 30 min he comes back and states he called his private attorney who would like to take on the case and requests that all the RN's that have tested positive in our group contact him. > So needless to say she is a little overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. Now, from reading all these posts it is my understanding that only a couple labs do our Etg testing, is this correct? She did not have the name of the lab when I spoke with her.> Also I am assuming that at least a few of you have already checked on these labs and would have already been aware if they were not certified?> Also one of the other nurses was wondering if Etg could be fat stored and due to her recent weight loss could have caused her positives??> We are finding it difficult to believe that these labs would not be certified.> Any input??? > Thanks for reading > Dani> I just looked at samhsa list and NH is not on it! any suggestions?? thank you

Guest guest

I'm just curious....This is a nurse support group you attend....What information/feedback is the facilitator giving you all? Who is she "siding" with, or is each person judged individually? Based on the numbers I'm hearing and the two years of using EtG now in CA, the AG office must be getting overrun with these shoddy cases.

Lorie

New story

hi everyone, my name is Dani and I'm a RN in Northern CA. Have been following these posts for many months and have emailed back and forth with Lorie a few times but never posted myself. I tested positive for Etg once in July of 2004 after 2 1/2 years in Diversion and just now started on probation. I go to my support group every week and recently have seen a rise in positive Etg without drinking in our group and one of the nurses asked me to share her story and see what type of feedback I could get, so here goes.

This RN has been in the probation program for 2 years without problem, had gastric bypass surgery mid last year with many complications. Probation decides not to test her because she is in and out of the hospital and did recieve pain medication which they were aware of. She is now doing much better and has lost a significant amount of weight. Has now started being tested again and recently all her Etg's have been positive without drinking, even her probation monitor does not believe she has been drinking. So she goes to see Dr. Vonsteiff who has seen her, and many other RN's in the program, before. He is the Drug and Alcohol Rehab program director for a major hospital. This doc decides to call the board and is then given a number for the lab who did the test. After several minutes he returns to the exam room very upset and tells this nurse that the lab testing our urines is not certified. He then asks her to wait because he wants to make another call, so she does. After 30 min he comes back and states he called his private attorney who would like to take on the case and requests that all the RN's that have tested positive in our group contact him.

So needless to say she is a little overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. Now, from reading all these posts it is my understanding that only a couple labs do our Etg testing, is this correct? She did not have the name of the lab when I spoke with her.

Also I am assuming that at least a few of you have already checked on these labs and would have already been aware if they were not certified?

Also one of the other nurses was wondering if Etg could be fat stored and due to her recent weight loss could have caused her positives??

We are finding it difficult to believe that these labs would not be certified.

Any input???

Thanks for reading

Dani