RemedySpot.com

Turbo Kick, Round 51! DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I could NOT wait to get home, as some of my Facebook friends on the East Coast reported that they had received their new PB workouts.   I gleefully ripped off the cellophane wrapper and popped in the cd to get a quick preview of the music.  I like it!  Has a pop feel to it overall and the first recovery song reminds me a bit of of one of those Dan & surfing songs from the early 60's. 

The choreo was much less dancy than the last one.  I took out all running mans and " fly boys " but other than that didn't have to modify too too much to make it athletic.  The best part about this round is that you have 2 SONGS FOR TURBO!!  One where Chalene voices over the music with the cues, LOVE THAT SO MUCH, and the second version as normal, without her voice over.  Man, this makes learning to teach this section SO MUCH EASIER and if you're feeling lazy you can just not worry about memorizing Turbo at all and just let Chalene do the work for you if you want! 

There is the return of the " 6 punch " that I don't believe we've had since way back in Round 8 (remember, in the " Dookie Booty " song?? it's back)  so it goes off the beat for just a sec but you get back on it by adding 2 knees at the end for a full 8 counts.  If you weren't around for Round 8 you will just have to see for yourself when you get the R51 dvd :)

Another minor detail, but I'm a nerd - instead of doing jabs 12 and 3 with one arm like we usually do, we have a left jab at 12, right jab at 3 in this round, and in a couple of places.  The Finale song is one that will get you moving, and includes a side block - I LOVE BLOCKS!!  The part b of section is pretty intense too and could be a finale in it's own right.  Finesse is easy to learn, and has a step, sweep side kick that I really like, with 2 ducks back. 

I didn't do the abs  tonite, but they looks HARD, HARD HARD.  Lots of plank work with knee pulls, dropping the hips, etc. The form of all the instructors in this dvd were SPOT ON GOOD.  In some dvd's lately I've noticed some sloppy punches, fists unclenched - in Round 15 they all look outstanding!  Instructors are Chalene, Angie, and Mindy, all did just great! 

I look forward to getting better at this round and becoming more intimate with the music.  Overall, a thumb's up!