RemedySpot.com

This week!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi!I have been super busy this week - both at work and in life and I don't think I checked in at all w/ my workouts, so here is my wrap-up:Sunday Couch to 5K on the Treadmill (this workout was 20 min of straight jogging, plus warm up for 5 min and cool down walk for 15 min). I also added on yoga.

Monday - Gilad's Total Body Sculpt Plus, Workout # 1 from the Peak Perfromance DVD. I think these were the ones that Carolyn was mentioning - they are edited from the hour long TV series - there is a set of 3 DVDs, I have two of the DVDs (Peak Performance & Functional Fitness, I'm missing Cutting Edge). I REALLY liked this workout. It was challenging without being "dread" full. Gilad was really pleasant and encouraging (I wasn't sure I wanted all that testosterone - but he is great!) The DVDs are well chaptered and they are structured like this:

Warm up (dynamic type moves)

Sculpt # 1 (in this particular workout it was lunges and variations and then some upper body work w/ bands)

Cardio (boxing moves)

Sculpt # 2 (can't recall the lower body moves but we did do a lot of planks and variations)Abs & Stretch

there were some minor editing glitches - as in you go to "break" and when you come back Gilad is doing something else, but it wasn't horrible. I now have the final DVD in this series on my wish list along with the other TV series he put out - Total Body Toning (I think Carolyn has that one).

Tuesday - a.m. - 20 min of Pilates w/ Carribbean Workout

p.m. Walk/Run outdoors *

*I think I have decided to bag running - it really is not very comfortable for my whole body. For instance, I never had knee issues but since last week I have been having pain going up and down stairs. I'm taking this as a sign to not borrow trouble. It isn't like running is so important to me that I'm willing to risk injury to the point of where I can't do other workouts I love. I also don't enjoy doing things that require me to be super careful and worried about potential injury. I think I'm actually going to look into racewalking. It isn't that I'm competitive but I do like to move fast!

Wed - Yoga - from Yoga for Athltetes - did a 30 min practice from the "running" menu

Thurs - Gilad's Total Body Sculpt Plus - Peak Performance Workout # 2:

Warm -up

Sculpt 1 - floor work for hips and thighs - yikes! Push-ups and variations

Cardio - Boxing

Sculpt 2 - squats and leg lift variations, shoulder work

Abs & Stretch

Friday - Haven't done it yet - but taking a walk and will do 20 min of yoga.

Ok - I think I'm caught up! :)

Donna

Guest guest

Great week, and good call on the running. It might be fun to try something else. I'm going to start adding some running intervals, but I can't do that kind of a structured program, and sometimes what I really need is a low impact climb up a hill to get my HR up.

Hi!I have been super busy this week - both at work and in life and I don't think I checked in at all w/ my workouts, so here is my wrap-up:

Sunday Couch to 5K on the Treadmill (this workout was 20 min of straight jogging, plus warm up for 5 min and cool down walk for 15 min).  I also added on yoga.

Monday - Gilad's Total Body Sculpt Plus, Workout # 1 from the Peak Perfromance DVD.  I think these were the ones that Carolyn was mentioning - they are edited from the hour long TV series - there is a set of 3 DVDs, I have two of the DVDs (Peak Performance & Functional Fitness, I'm missing Cutting Edge).  I REALLY liked this workout.  It was challenging without being " dread " full.  Gilad was really pleasant and encouraging (I wasn't sure I wanted all that testosterone - but he is great!)  The DVDs are well chaptered and they are structured like this:

Warm up (dynamic type moves)

Sculpt # 1 (in this particular workout it was lunges and variations and then some upper body work w/ bands)

Cardio (boxing moves)

Sculpt # 2 (can't recall the lower body moves but we did do a lot of planks and variations)Abs & Stretch

there were some minor editing glitches - as in you go to " break " and when you come back Gilad is doing something else, but it wasn't horrible.  I now have the final DVD in this series on my wish list along with the other TV series he put out - Total Body Toning (I think Carolyn has that one).

Tuesday - a.m. - 20 min of Pilates w/ Carribbean Workout

p.m.  Walk/Run outdoors *

*I think I have decided to bag running - it really is not very comfortable for my whole body.  For instance, I never had knee issues but since last week I have been having pain going up and down stairs.  I'm taking this as a sign to not borrow trouble.  It isn't like running is so important to me that I'm willing to risk injury to the point of where I can't do other workouts I love.  I also don't enjoy doing things that require me to be super careful and worried about potential injury.  I think I'm actually going to look into racewalking.  It isn't that I'm competitive but I do like to move fast!

Wed - Yoga - from Yoga for Athltetes - did a 30 min practice from the " running " menu

Thurs - Gilad's Total Body Sculpt Plus - Peak Performance Workout # 2:

Warm -up

Sculpt 1 - floor work for hips and thighs - yikes! Push-ups and variations

Cardio - Boxing

Sculpt 2 - squats and leg lift variations, shoulder work

Abs & Stretch

Friday - Haven't done it yet - but taking a walk and will do 20 min of yoga.

Ok - I think I'm caught up! :)

Donna