RemedySpot.com

Re: Wed - Tracie Long & Yoga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It sounds like doing the x- factor has made you stronger. :). I like the yoga type rotation. That would make for a nice recovery week.I'm sure you're finished with your mammogram by now. I'm sure you're glad its over.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >, <FitFirmies >Subject: Wed - Tracie Long & YogaDate: Wed, May 23, 2012 9:23 am Hi Everyone, Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yogamakeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that Ihave the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk toeveryone later (hopefully w/ really good news!)Donna

Guest guest

Hi !Thanks - it is over - whew! And, for me it was a relatively easy one - I did have to have extra views on the left and I need to follow up in 6 months w/ another round, but it doesn't sound like it is anything to worry about - at least I didn't need a biopsy or anything!!Donna

Subject: Re: Wed - Tracie Long & YogaTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 2:41 PM

It sounds like doing the x- factor has made you stronger. :). I like the yoga type rotation. That would make for a nice recovery week.I'm sure you're finished with your mammogram by now. I'm sure you're glad its over.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE

----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >, <FitFirmies >Subject: Wed - Tracie Long & YogaDate: Wed, May 23, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yoga

makeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that I

have the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk to

everyone later (hopefully w/ really good news!)Donna

Guest guest

Thanks - it is over - whew! And, for me it was a relatively easy one

That's good to hear. I can hear the relief in your voice. :)

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

¸¸.·´*Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

HOORAY, DONNA!!! So glad to hear the good news!!

I just scheduled mine today too! (For July 9.)

Wed - Tracie Long & YogaDate: Wed, May 23, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yoga makeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that I have the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk to everyone later (hopefully w/ really good news!)Donna

Guest guest

Thanks, ! Good luck w/ yours!! :)

I now just have bloodwork to do which is scheduled for tomorrow.....then, I should be ok for awhile...

Donna

Subject: Re: Wed - Tracie Long & YogaTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 2:41 PM

It sounds like doing the x- factor has made you stronger. :). I like the yoga type rotation. That would make for a nice recovery week.I'm sure you're finished with your mammogram by now. I'm sure you're glad its over.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE

----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >, <FitFirmies >Subject: Wed - Tracie Long & YogaDate: Wed, May 23, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yoga

makeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that I

have the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk to

Guest guest

oh yeah, I still have that to look forward to too. Still trying to decide if I have some rare blood cancer. Extremely, extremely unlikely according to the docs so I'm not concerned but still need one more blood test to completely eliminate it. That's in July too.

Hi Everyone,

Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yoga makeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that I have the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk to everyone later (hopefully w/ really good news!)Donna

Guest guest

Hi - Good luck w/ your bloodwork, too. I am pretty confident mine will be fine, but I'm also (as you know!) a big worrier so I always sort of have in the back of my mind a "what if" thought - I do know several people who have had leukemia or lymphoma and that scares me...but, pretty much all medical tests do - b/c I do have a persistent "what if" mind.

I did get mine done and stopped on the way home for a LARGE coffee - that is my biggest challenge w/ bloodwork the lack of caffeine in the morning....

Donna

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Thanks Donna! The bloodwork isn't much of a concern to me. My oncologist said if I wasn't having trouble with frequent infections, I was very likely fine. I haven't been sick even once since my primary doc noticed my odd results and wanted me to get it double-checked so, I'm pretty certain I'm fine.

I'm a diet coke in the morning gal so I do understand the caffeine deprivation!

Hi Everyone,