RemedySpot.com

Re: Updates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

CONGRATULATIONS to your DH. That's a big feat here in Michigan. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has

to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday.

Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could

make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a

one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to

have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it

will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

Guest guest

Thanks, Jen!!! Yeah, it sure is. There's lots of engineering jobs actually, but since he isn't an engineer (but works with them) it has been more challenging). Most employers have been extremely picky about what they're looking for and this one just fit perfectly qualifications-wise and, thankfully, he also seemed to fit in well with the team so it is just such a huge blessing.To: exercisevideos Sent: Tue, July 31, 2012 10:26:33 PMSubject: Re: Updates

CONGRATULATIONS to your DH. That's a big feat here in Michigan. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has

to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday.

Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could

make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a

one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to

have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it

will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

Guest guest

Yes it is, I know! The main reason I regained all of the weight I lost (I was down to 181 lbs) is because i was stressing out about the interpreting tests I had to take to maintain my state certification. The state instituted a new test which they bought from Texas and it was the most unfair test I've ever taken! It took me almost a year to get through the testing process. After that I stressed out about sick cats and a sick Mom and when I stress out I don't sleep or exercise and I over eat. Now though I'm trying to get back on track..which is ALWAYS hard for me. What do you tell your WW members about getting and staying on track? I need to start recording my food and counting calories again...I hate doing it but that's what worked for me in the

past. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Guest guest

YAY, NANCY!  You must be soooooooooo relieved!  It will be nice to save some $ now and have a little more financial wiggle room! Plus having a job in general helps one's self esteem, at least for me it does.  

I'm irked your poor feet keep flaring up.  GRR GRR GRR!  You're doing great with the upper body stuff and with floor work though!  You're such a trooper! Hugs,laura

Yes it is, I know!  The main reason I regained all of the weight I lost (I was down to 181 lbs) is because i was stressing out about the interpreting tests I had to take to maintain my state certification.  The state instituted a new test which they bought from Texas and it was the most unfair test I've ever taken!  It took me almost a year to get through the testing process.

After that I stressed out about sick cats and a sick Mom and when I stress out I don't sleep or exercise and I over eat.   Now though I'm trying to get back on track..which is ALWAYS hard for me.  What do you tell your WW members about getting and staying on track?  I need to start recording my food and counting calories again...I hate doing it but that's what worked for me in the

past.                  Jen

Subject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos

Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.

Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

-- ___________________________________________________________________Please help support my website by doing your Amazon shopping through me with

this link:http://www.amazon.com/? & tag=pinkpussycasc-20 & camp=212361 & creative=392009 & linkCode=wsw &    

THANK YOU!  =^..^=

Guest guest

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!!

OMG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! You all have hung in there and have been so patient and not letting all this get you down. This is such good news.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

Yay, ! I'm so happy your DH found a job - it sounds like a great fit for him!!!!! Doing a happy dance for you.

I'm sorry your feet keep flaring up though - that must be extremely frustrating.

Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:15 PMSubject: Updates

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday. Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech

writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day.

I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after

Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

Guest guest

That is wonderful news, .:) Congratulations!

Ronda

>

> Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after

> he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling

him

> they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He

> still has to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the

contractor

> office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday. Even if

the

> salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their

> conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last

job

> (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not

> terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at

> least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it

> work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people,

> interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his

> last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the

> people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt

> that he could make an excellent contribution there and they apparently

thought

> he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a

> one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly

he

> could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton

of

> work so that's really good. They seemed excited to have him and he's really

> excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!

>

> In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it

> made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another

> shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when

I

> walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night.

> The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on

an

> every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing

> absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no

walking

> (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do

> something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes,

> it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I

really

> hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH

> newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it

will

> still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got

> commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes

> through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the

> pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I

might

> be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to

> school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through

> August and then see where I can go in September with things.

>

> Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you so much, !! Dave is feeling so much better, I am too. I like what I have learned about living more frugally and want to keep doing a lot of it but I did tell him and the kids I would celebrate after his first pay check by buying a few "luxury" items I haven't been buying at the grocery store lately (it sounds silly but I LOVE flatout bread, but it is $3.50 a pack and I just couldn't justify spending it and the kids like Dinosaur Eggs instant oatmeal and it is around the same price and again, just too dumb to spend money on when we needed to watch every penny). The feet thing is annoying as all heck. It almost seems gone then it is back. I am afraid to do much of anything to be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need

to get back to my floor work and upper body stuff but just haven't made the time for it lately. Today my exercise was cleaning one of our WW centers (subbing for the person who normally does it) and it was a huge job. I was there almost an hour and a half, the vacuuming alone took at least 30 minutes. So at least I got something in. Gotta get to making dinner for tonight soon because I'm working the rest of the day until about 7.To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 12:36:21 AMSubject: Re: Updates

YAY, NANCY! You must be soooooooooo relieved! It will be nice to save some $ now and have a little more financial wiggle room! Plus having a job in general helps one's self esteem, at least for me it does.

I'm irked your poor feet keep flaring up. GRR GRR GRR! You're doing great with the upper body stuff and with floor work though! You're such a trooper! Hugs,laura

Yes it is, I know! The main reason I regained all of the weight I lost (I was down to 181 lbs) is because i was stressing out about the interpreting tests I had to take to maintain my state certification. The state instituted a new test which they bought from Texas and it was the most unfair test I've ever taken! It took me almost a year to get through the testing process.

After that I stressed out about sick cats and a sick Mom and when I stress out I don't sleep or exercise and I over eat. Now though I'm trying to get back on track..which is ALWAYS hard for me. What do you tell your WW members about getting and staying on track? I need to start recording my food and counting calories again...I hate doing it but that's what worked for me in the

past. Jen

will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.

-- ___________________________________________________________________Please help support my website by doing your Amazon shopping through me with

this link:http://www.amazon.com/? & tag=pinkpussycasc-20 & camp=212361 & creative=392009 & linkCode=wsw &

THANK YOU! =^..^=

Guest guest

Thank you so much, !!!!!! I know you know what it is like, especially in the auto industry. We have a love/hate relationship with it. We know it well but it is sometimes so frustrating. Turns out the computer world wasn't a lot better though.I feel hugged!!To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed,

August 1, 2012 5:43:53 AMSubject: Re: Updates

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!!

OMG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! You all have hung in there and have been so patient and not letting all this get you down. This is such good news.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

Hi Donna, Thank you!! We're very excited!! Darn feet are annoying (one foot actually). I'll get through it though... it is so much better than it was, I'm at least thankful for that!To: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 7:43:07 AMSubject: Re: Updates

Yay, ! I'm so happy your DH found a job - it sounds like a great fit for him!!!!! Doing a happy dance for you.

I'm sorry your feet keep flaring up though - that must be extremely frustrating.

Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:15 PMSubject: Updates

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday. Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech

writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day.

I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after

Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

Guest guest

Thank you, Ronda!!!To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 9:15:29 AMSubject: Re: Updates

That is wonderful news, .:) Congratulations!

Ronda

>

> Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5

> he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him

> they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He

> still has to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor

> office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday. Even if the

> salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their

> conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job

> (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not

> terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at

> least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it

> work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2

> interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his

> last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the

> people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt

> that he could make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought

> he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a

> one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he

> could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of

> work so that's really good. They seemed excited to have him and he's really

> excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!

>

> In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it

> made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another

> shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I

> walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night.

> The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on an

> every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing

> absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking

> (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do

> something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes,

> it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really

> hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH

> newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it will

> still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got

> commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes

> through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the

> pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might

> be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to

> school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through

> August and then see where I can go in September with things.

>

> Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

>

>

>

Guest guest

hi nancy - im so glad to hear that you dh will be employed again.

you both really worked hard to make it through, i am so happy

for you!

sorry to hear that your pinched foot is still acting up. i

still feel your pain from time to time... just jabs once in a

while at work or when im out walking with chinook. after

reading your message, i will be careful not to walk barefoot

around the house (which i was doing the other day and maybe that

had something to do with the jabs i was getting). so thanks for

mentioning that.

im really hoping that this gets fixed very soon. you have been

so very patient with it.

" *carolyn.

Guest guest

>I am afraid to do much of anything to

> be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own

> self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need to get

> back to my floor work and upper body stuff

hi nancy -

i wonder how many steps you get in a day. you are a very busy

person. i bet that you get more of a workout from life than you

think.

wearing a pedometer has really helped me to realize this.

i am afraid to do much in the way of an upper body workout due to

my ribs (the muscles around my ribs and/or the rib joints).

just living (ie: working!) causes flare-ups, im scared to feel

the results of a good workout.

but i do feel that i need more fitness than working and walking.

and i want you to know that you inspire me to get going

again with some videos that are suitable. im just not sure what

that is....

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,

I'm sorry that your ribs continue to bother you - can you do lower body? Light weights for upper? I don't think body-weight exercises like push-ups are good for you, are they? I remember you saying the X-Factor workouts bugged it. Hmmm....I am sorry to hear that it still bothers you though. I wish you could find an answer and a permanent fix for it.

Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 2:02 PMSubject: Re: Updates

>I am afraid to do much of anything to> be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own> self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need to get> back to my floor work and upper body stuffhi nancy -i wonder how many steps you get in a day. you are a very busy person. i bet that you get more of a workout from life than you think.wearing a pedometer has really helped me to realize this.i am afraid to do much in the way of an upper body workout due to my ribs (the muscles around my ribs and/or the rib joints). just living (ie: working!) causes flare-ups, im scared to feel the results of a good workout.but i do feel that i need more fitness than working and walking. and i want you to know that you inspire me to get going again with some videos that are suitable. im just not sure what that

is....:*carolyn.

Guest guest

> I'm sorry that your ribs continue to bother you - can you do

> lower body? Light weights for upper? I don't think body-weight

> exercises like push-ups are good for you, are they?

hi donna - my lower body is doing very well, i am strong in that

area. im definitely going to have to stick with body weight and

light weight/high rep for upper body.

even the body weight exercises are tough for the upper.... i

could do pushups and side planks right now as i just made it

through a flare up on the right hand side (ouch!) but when the

ribs are making a fuss, i can barely get through a work day, let

alone a workout. and im scared of creating a flare-up when ive

just gotten to feeling good again :/

it forces me to see how my workouts go and make modifications to

the workouts and adjustments to the schedule....which i struggle

with because i get discouraged when i dont succeed. so much of

it is a mental battle, not just a physical one.

oh well, im going to go through my workout inventory and make a

list of workouts that i think i can do. i expect that i will

try kickboxing and easy yoga first and see how that goes.

ps: the dr says that it isnt serious enough to warrant

investigation, she just keeps giving me muscle relaxers which do

help to take the edge off. then things clear up on their own in

one to two weeks. then the cycle starts all over again. ::sigh::

Guest guest

YAYAYAY congratulations to your DH!!!!!

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday. Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn,Thanks for the note!! I'm not feeling patient tonight. I was on my foot for most of 12 hours today and it hurts like heck when I walk, kneel, anything now. I finally took a pain killer hoping it will help me sleep too. Gotta get off the couch soon to make my lunch for another killer day tomorrow.To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 1:39:15 PMSubject: Re: Updates

hi nancy - im so glad to hear that you dh will be employed again.

you both really worked hard to make it through, i am so happy

for you!

sorry to hear that your pinched foot is still acting up. i

still feel your pain from time to time... just jabs once in a

while at work or when im out walking with chinook. after

reading your message, i will be careful not to walk barefoot

around the house (which i was doing the other day and maybe that

had something to do with the jabs i was getting). so thanks for

mentioning that.

im really hoping that this gets fixed very soon. you have been

so very patient with it.

"*carolyn.

Guest guest

Hmmm.. I hadn't thought about that. I haven't worn a pedometer in years. I walk in circles a lot (around the front of the meeting room, up and down aisles, etc.). On Wednesdays I do a meeting in a huge hospital and park about 10 minutes away from the meeting room. I always joke that I get my workout for the day just lugging my stuff to the room (and that I should wear rollerskates so I could get there more quickly but security probably wouldn't appreciate it).I'm glad I inspire you, I wish I could inspire me lately. I'm exhausted today though, worked almost 12 hours and my foot hurts like heck and tomorrow looks a lot like today so, I think I'll give myself a little break and not worry about it now.To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 2:02:14 PMSubject: Re: Updates

>I am afraid to do much of anything to

> be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own

> self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need to get

> back to my floor work and upper body stuff

hi nancy -

i wonder how many steps you get in a day. you are a very busy

person. i bet that you get more of a workout from life than you

think.

wearing a pedometer has really helped me to realize this.

i am afraid to do much in the way of an upper body workout due to

my ribs (the muscles around my ribs and/or the rib joints).

just living (ie: working!) causes flare-ups, im scared to feel

the results of a good workout.

but i do feel that i need more fitness than working and walking.

and i want you to know that you inspire me to get going

again with some videos that are suitable. im just not sure what

that is....

Guest guest

Hi Jen,Getting and staying on track are very hard, especially getting back on. What I do and what I find works for most of my members is baby steps. Pick only ONE thing to change each week and lower your expectations for yourself. It is not easy doing that but it works. The one thing you pick should be something that is personally important to YOU to succeed at, not just because other people say you "should" do it, and it should be something that you can expect reasonable success with, so it is a good fit with your life. If recording your food is important to you, then set a goal for how many meals in a day you want to start with. Even doing one is an accomplishment when you haven't been doing any so some people literally start by making tracking one food thing their first goal (snack or meal, planned or

unplanned), congratulate themselves and then set a goal to do it again the next time they eat something and eventually move up to more than one at a time or a whole day. Some people are already okay with it to some extent so setting a goal of doing an entire day isn't overwhelming and is encouraging. Again, the biggest thing is pick something you can and WILL do and then work at doing it in small, baby steps.I hope that helps.To: exercisevideos Sent: Tue,

July 31, 2012 10:57:41 PMSubject: Re: Updates

Yes it is, I know! The main reason I regained all of the weight I lost (I was down to 181 lbs) is because i was stressing out about the interpreting tests I had to take to maintain my state certification. The state instituted a new test which they bought from Texas and it was the most unfair test I've ever taken! It took me almost a year to get through the testing process. After that I stressed out about sick cats and a sick Mom and when I stress out I don't sleep or exercise and I over eat. Now though I'm trying to get back on track..which is ALWAYS hard for me. What do you tell your WW members about getting and staying on track? I need to start recording my food and counting calories again...I hate doing it but that's what worked for

me in the

past. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Guest guest

I agree with you, Carolyn. I didn't realize how little I moved until I bought my first pedometer. Since upgrading to the fitbit I can't imagine not knowing my step count.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: UpdatesDate: Wed, Aug 1, 2012 9:34 pm Hmmm.. I hadn't thought about that. I haven't worn a pedometer in years. I walk in circles a lot (around the front of the meeting room, up and down aisles, etc.). On Wednesdays I do a meeting in a huge hospital and park about 10 minutes away from the meeting room. I always joke that I get my workout for the day just lugging my stuff to the room (and that I should wear rollerskates so I could get there more quickly but security probably wouldn't appreciate it).I'm glad I inspire you, I wish I could inspire me lately. I'm exhausted today though, worked almost 12 hours and my foot hurts like heck and tomorrow looks a lot like today so, I think I'll give myself a little break and not worry about it now.To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 2:02:14 PMSubject: Re: Updates >I am afraid to do much of anything to> be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own> self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need to get> back to my floor work and upper body stuffhi nancy -i wonder how many steps you get in a day. you are a very busy person. i bet that you get more of a workout from life than you think.wearing a pedometer has really helped me to realize this.i am afraid to do much in the way of an upper body workout due to my ribs (the muscles around my ribs and/or the rib joints). just living (ie: working!) causes flare-ups, im scared to feel the results of a good workout.but i do feel that i need more fitness than working and walking. and i want you to know that you inspire me to get going again with some videos that are suitable. im just not sure what that is....:*carolyn.

Guest guest

It does help, thanks !I'm trying to do baby steps for working out too...that's going pretty good. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Guest guest

Awesome, Jen! Baby steps are truly what works best for most people!To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 10:55:29 PMSubject: Re: Updates

It does help, thanks !I'm trying to do baby steps for working out too...that's going pretty good. JenSubject: UpdatesTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 10:15 PM

Guest guest

> exhausted today though, worked almost 12 hours and my foot hurts

> like heck and tomorrow looks a lot like today so, I think I'll

> give myself a little break and not worry about it now.

nancy, my point is that if you worked almost 12 hours, and you

are exhausted, then it counts as a workout! :)

Guest guest

Cool, that's 2 days in a row then! To: exercisevideos Sent: Thu, August 2, 2012 5:07:15 PMSubject: Re: Updates

> exhausted today though, worked almost 12 hours and my foot hurts

> like heck and tomorrow looks a lot like today so, I think I'll

> give myself a little break and not worry about it now.

nancy, my point is that if you worked almost 12 hours, and you

are exhausted, then it counts as a workout! :)

Guest guest

This is such great news ! I am so glad he found something.Doggone it about the feet. I hope you're getting some relief. I can empathize to a certain extent because I've had trouble on and off, though nothing that severe. I hope it gets better!

Thank you so much, !! Dave is feeling so much better, I am too. I like what I have learned about living more frugally and want to keep doing a lot of it but I did tell him and the kids I would celebrate after his first pay check by buying a few "luxury" items I haven't been buying at the grocery store lately (it sounds silly but I LOVE flatout bread, but it is $3.50 a pack and I just couldn't justify spending it and the kids like Dinosaur Eggs instant oatmeal and it is around the same price and again, just too dumb to spend money on when we needed to watch every penny). The feet thing is annoying as all heck. It almost seems gone then it is back. I am afraid to do much of anything to be honest and that isn't doing anything for my fitness (or my own self-esteem as I watch myself get floppier). I do need

to get back to my floor work and upper body stuff but just haven't made the time for it lately. Today my exercise was cleaning one of our WW centers (subbing for the person who normally does it) and it was a huge job. I was there almost an hour and a half, the vacuuming alone took at least 30 minutes. So at least I got something in. Gotta get to making dinner for tonight soon because I'm working the rest of the day until about 7.To: exercisevideos Sent: Wed, August 1, 2012 12:36:21 AMSubject: Re: Updates

YAY, NANCY! You must be soooooooooo relieved! It will be nice to save some $ now and have a little more financial wiggle room! Plus having a job in general helps one's self esteem, at least for me it does.

I'm irked your poor feet keep flaring up. GRR GRR GRR! You're doing great with the upper body stuff and with floor work though! You're such a trooper! Hugs,laura

Yes it is, I know! The main reason I regained all of the weight I lost (I was down to 181 lbs) is because i was stressing out about the interpreting tests I had to take to maintain my state certification. The state instituted a new test which they bought from Texas and it was the most unfair test I've ever taken! It took me almost a year to get through the testing process.

After that I stressed out about sick cats and a sick Mom and when I stress out I don't sleep or exercise and I over eat. Now though I'm trying to get back on track..which is ALWAYS hard for me. What do you tell your WW members about getting and staying on track? I need to start recording my food and counting calories again...I hate doing it but that's what worked for me in the

past. Jen

THANK YOU! =^..^=