RemedySpot.com

Wednesday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is there really a JFO option or did you make your own JFO?   that would be the option I need!Sounds like you had brutal leg day yourself, !  We are sisters in pain today!!

Good morning!

Today was Tri-Sets Lower Body.  I was afraid of doing this workout again because I do believe it was what got my hip hurting before.  I decided to modify it and not use the dixie cups at all.  I actually think it was one of the exercises using the dixie cups that hurt me before.    I also went with the JFO (joint friendly option) premix.  This is the same as doing the workout " as is " but instead of the one legged cross over dip squat she does rear lunges instead.

Lower Body Tri-Set #1 Stability Ball Wall Squats w/DB  10/15Dixie Cup Front LungesDixie Cup Side LungesRepeat setLower Body Tri-Set #2 Step Ups on High Step + Step Lunges w/DB  10Elevated Lunges with Dixie cups  ( I didn't use any step here)DB Squats  20Repeat setLower Body Tri-Set #3 Deadlifts w/DB-  calve raises  ( 40 reps per set)Rear Lunges 12Hamstring Roll-ins on BallRepeat set

I wore my HRM with this one and burned 252 calories (last time was 221) avg 131, max 164, steps 1,366

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Yes, its a premix on the dvd. It's really only one different exercise. All the rest is the same.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Wednesday WorkoutDate: Wed, Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am

Is there really a JFO option or did you make your own JFO?   that would be the option I need!Sounds like you had brutal leg day yourself, !  We are sisters in pain today!!

Good morning!

Today was Tri-Sets Lower Body.  I was afraid of doing this workout again because I do believe it was what got my hip hurting before.  I decided to modify it and not use the dixie cups at all.  I actually think it was one of the exercises using the dixie cups that hurt me before.    I also went with the JFO (joint friendly option) premix.  This is the same as doing the workout " as is " but instead of the one legged cross over dip squat she does rear lunges instead.

Lower Body Tri-Set #1 Stability Ball Wall Squats w/DB  10/15Dixie Cup Front LungesDixie Cup Side LungesRepeat setLower Body Tri-Set #2 Step Ups on High Step + Step Lunges w/DB  10Elevated Lunges with Dixie cups  ( I didn't use any step here)DB Squats  20Repeat setLower Body Tri-Set #3 Deadlifts w/DB-  calve raises  ( 40 reps per set)Rear Lunges 12Hamstring Roll-ins on BallRepeat set

I wore my HRM with this one and burned 252 calories (last time was 221) avg 131, max 164, steps 1,366

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Ugh - sorry to hear this one was a dud for you, !

Will you keep it or get rid of it?Donna

Subject: Wednesday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 9:28 AM

Good morning!

Today was yoga/stretch. I was looking forward to this day because I wanted to try the first workout from my new Iron Yoga with Cool. I've done the second routine and wasn't impressed so I was hoping I'd like the first one.

She uses dumb bells and adds in upper and lower body work with yoga in between. I used 7 lb for all of it. I worked up a major sweat.

I don't like how there's the voice over, but yet you can see her lips moving showing her talking to the other two background people. I found myself having to look up at the TV to see what they were doing because with the voice over they aren't always doing the same thing at the same time the voice is telling you, if that makes sense. Also, it didn't look like the instructor had very good form, she was wobbling all over the place a few times.

I ended up doing both routines. So it was a total off 55 minutes. I have to say I'm not in love with this workout. OK, I really don't even like it. I worked hard though and I guess that's all that matters.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Thanks for letting us know to avoid this one, sorry it was a bummer workout but, like you said, you worked hard and that's all that matters!

Wednesday Workout

Good morning!

Today was yoga/stretch. I was looking forward to this day because I wanted to try the first workout from my new Iron Yoga with Cool. I've done the second routine and wasn't impressed so I was hoping I'd like the first one.

She uses dumb bells and adds in upper and lower body work with yoga in between. I used 7 lb for all of it. I worked up a major sweat.

I don't like how there's the voice over, but yet you can see her lips moving showing her talking to the other two background people. I found myself having to look up at the TV to see what they were doing because with the voice over they aren't always doing the same thing at the same time the voice is telling you, if that makes sense. Also, it didn't look like the instructor had very good form, she was wobbling all over the place a few times.

I ended up doing both routines. So it was a total off 55 minutes. I have to say I'm not in love with this workout. OK, I really don't even like it. I worked hard though and I guess that's all that matters.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

oh heck michelle. that is a real bummer.... nothing worse than

getting a new dvd and realizing that it isnt for you.

i too hate voice-overs. they often voice-over yoga workouts,

i guess because the instructor has their head down alot so it can

be hard to hear them if they teach it real-time. but some

instructors seem to manage ok, so i really dont see the need for

it. they never ever seem to match up with the actions and it is

hard to know which one to follow. frustrating!!

anyway im shocked that you can see her lips moving... how do

people get away with low production values like that? must be

her first video (?) also i dont mind if an instructor wobbles a

little bit, just to show they are human, but wobbling all over

the place? ugh!! not very professional.

sounds like the actual workout is fine, just that the

presentation is lousy. im trying to think of some other yoga

videos in that style for you.....there is another 'iron yoga'

workout with anthony carillo and tari rose has 'hard body yoga'.

these are older videos though, so you probably already have

them, but if not they might interest you.

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

thanks for review.. I had this on my wish list .. not any morethis is why I love this group.. we get real reviews!judy To: exercisevideos Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:57 AM Subject: Re: Wednesday Workout

Thanks for letting us know to avoid this one, sorry it was a bummer workout but, like you said, you worked hard and that's all that matters!

Wednesday Workout

Good morning!

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I might try to get rid of it. If I can't then I might use the first part of the second routine for a short workout. That's about the only part I like.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Wednesday WorkoutDate: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 10:28 am Ugh - sorry to hear this one was a dud for you, !Will you keep it or get rid of it?DonnaSubject: Wednesday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 9:28 AM Good morning! Today was yoga/stretch. I was looking forward to this day because I wanted to try the first workout from my new Iron Yoga with Cool. I've done the second routine and wasn't impressed so I was hoping I'd like the first one. She uses dumb bells and adds in upper and lower body work with yoga in between. I used 7 lb for all of it. I worked up a major sweat. I don't like how there's the voice over, but yet you can see her lips moving showing her talking to the other two background people. I found myself having to look up at the TV to see what they were doing because with the voice over they aren't always doing the same thing at the same time the voice is telling you, if that makes sense. Also, it didn't look like the instructor had very good form, she was wobbling all over the place a few times. I ended up doing both routines. So it was a total off 55 minutes. I have to say I'm not in love with this workout. OK, I really don't even like it. I worked hard though and I guess that's all that matters. Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I have a hard time getting real shoulder DOMS in general.  They may scream while I'm doing them, but not a lot of DOMS later.  

I need to do attack the virgin Cathe kickbox workouts I have.  Great work this morning, as usual, !

Good morning!!

I started feeling the DOMS in my legs last night.  This morning their screaming along with my chest, but nothing in my shoulder area.  When I crawled out of the bed the first thing that came to mind was the cardio today.  I pressed on and just hoped that moving would loosen everything up.  Unfortunately, it didn't help.  

Today was Amy Bento Kickbox Surge.  I went with the premix (Quick Surge combo & surge 1-3 + core).

I'm totally not fond of combo 1 and surge 1.  I can never seem to catch on to those kicks at the end.  Just confused the heck out of me.  With the surge they go down to the floor and do planks or pushups and come up and kick.  I chose to not go down to the floor. Instead, I did the kick and 3 jumping jacks.  This was perfect timing for when they came up from the floor to do the kick.

I can't say I enjoyed this workout.  I guess a lot of it was because my quads were so sore.  I don't like the abs at all.  I used my 6 lb med ball and some of it I modified just because I didn't like what she was doing.  The music is awesome though.

I burned 425 calories, avg 146, max 191 (I think that max was from the last surge) steps 4,667

Have a great day!          

~~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

No kidding your legs were talking to you! My legs would be screaming at me! Great job, !

Wednesday Workout

Good morning!!

Today was legs. Meso 2 #14. After skimming through this one last night I was sorta of looking forward to it. Of course I skipped all dead lifts.

This one repeats each three sets of exercises three times and all are just 10 reps each.

Squats 20

One leg elevated lunges (high step w/ 3 risers) (1) 15

Dead lifts- skipped

Static Lunges 20

Plie squats (1) 30

One leg slide back lunges w/paper plate 10

Stiff legged dead lifts on platform- skipped

Side slide lunges w/paper plate- (1) 15

Squats 20

Calves- she does each leg 20 reps, 3 sets while holding a DB. I decided to do both legs, no weight. I ended up doing 6 sets of 20 reps lol. Yes, my calves were talking to me.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I know you're reminding me I need to do legs soon <dread>

No kidding your legs were talking to you! My legs would be screaming at me! Great job, !

Wednesday Workout

Good morning!!

Today was legs.  Meso 2 #14.  After skimming through this one last night I was sorta of looking forward to it.  Of course I skipped all dead lifts.

This one repeats each three sets of exercises three times and all are just 10 reps each.

Squats  20

One leg elevated lunges  (high step w/ 3 risers)  (1) 15

Dead lifts- skipped

Static Lunges  20

Plie squats  (1)  30

One leg slide back lunges w/paper plate  10

Stiff legged dead lifts on platform- skipped

Side slide lunges w/paper plate- (1)  15

Squats  20

Calves-  she does each leg 20 reps, 3 sets while holding a DB.  I decided to do both legs, no weight.  I ended up doing 6 sets of 20 reps lol.   Yes, my calves were talking to me.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

That sounds so yummy . I think I'm going to jump right into STS tomorrow. I think I need the whole series. You are strong!Good morning!! Today was legs. Meso 2 #14. After skimming through this one last night I was sorta of looking forward to it. Of course I skipped all dead lifts. This one repeats each three sets of exercises three times and all are just 10 reps each. Squats 20One leg elevated lunges (high step w/ 3 risers) (1) 15Dead lifts- skipped Static Lunges 20Plie squats (1) 30One leg slide back lunges w/paper plate 10 Stiff legged dead lifts on platform- skippedSide slide lunges w/paper plate- (1) 15Squats 20 Calves- she does each leg 20 reps, 3 sets while holding a DB. I decided to do both legs, no weight. I ended up doing 6 sets of 20 reps lol. Yes, my calves were talking to me. Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Sent from my iPhone

Good morning!

Today was Turbo Barre. I did the "lower body express" premix then added on the abs. I've only done this workout just one time before and as hard as it was and as much as I burned, I never got a bit sore. I'm hoping it will be different this time because, man was it hard. My legs were screaming. With this premix and the abs it was an hour long. I LOVED not having to put on shoes.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I was going to do this one earlier this week, but was thwarted. I previewed it, and it looks tough and long! Maybe this weekend. Nice job!Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Good morning!

Today was Turbo Barre. I did the "lower body express" premix then added on the abs. I've only done this workout just one time before and as hard as it was and as much as I burned, I never got a bit sore. I'm hoping it will be different this time because, man was it hard. My legs were screaming. With this premix and the abs it was an hour long. I LOVED not having to put on shoes.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I previewed it, and it looks tough and long! Maybe this weekend. Nice job!

Yes, it is tough AND long. That's why I did a premix. I will probably always do premixes. I did it all the way through the first time and that was it.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

I hate walking lunges.  This whole workout looks very challenging!  Like Donna you are so consistent with your workouts, truly inspiring! 

Good morning!

Today was Lower Body Blast (standing & floor, no cardio bursts) premix.     For some reason I've had no energy this entire week with my workouts, today was no different.   This workout fried me.  Heck, the warm up is like a mini cardio.

Walking lunges  8 DB

Leg press (1) 15

BB squats 30

Front lunge pick ups 5

Warrior slide lunges

Dead lifts (did calve raises instead- 50 reps)

BB plie squats 30

Disk side slide lunges

Single leg dead lifts (I did 2 sets of 50 calve raises)

Elevated lunges

Hover squats 8 DB

Sit N slides

Dead lifts - calves

Static lunges w/ BB   30

Floor work:  I was sure wishing I had my loops here, but I haven't got them yet from Cathe yet.

Have a great day!~

Guest guest

Wow, no dread for Leg Day?  I may have to try this one!  I always dread leg day, but am kinda pleased once it's over.  I'm still hobbling from Saturday's leg day and Monday's bike ride up the mountain!  

Awesome job as usual!!  

Good morning!

Today was meso 2 week 4 legs.  I like meso 2 the best of all for the leg and the upper body so I haven't had a lot of dread with these workouts, not even the leg work.

Each three exercises are repeated 3 times

Leg press  (1) 20

Wall squats  12

One leg slide back lunges  10

Stiff legged dead lifts  skipped

Side slide lunges  (1)  15

Squats  25

45 degree lunges  15

plie squats  (1)  30

Low plane lunges  12

Calve work:  For this I did both legs together and no weight.  I did 6 sets of 20 reps.

After that, I didn't do the stretch at the end, just seemed too short.  I did the extended stretch and FF to the seated stretches.  This ended up being 55 minutes.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Hello everyone! Yesterday I walked 7 miles total at a brisk pace. Hoping to do similar today. But I reallllly need to get back into strength training! LOL!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Today was meso 2 week 4 legs.  I like meso 2 the best of all for the leg and the upper body so I haven't had a lot of dread with these workouts, not even the leg work.

Leg press  (1) 20

Wall squats  12

Squats  25

45 degree lunges  15

plie squats  (1)  30

Low plane lunges  12

Calve work:  For this I did both legs together and no weight.  I did 6 sets of 20 reps.

After that, I didn't do the stretch at the end, just seemed too short.  I did the extended stretch and FF to the seated stretches.  This ended up being 55 minutes.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

7 miles is awesome!  How long did it take?  Way to go Jeanette!

Hello everyone! Yesterday I walked 7 miles total at a brisk pace. Hoping to do similar today. But I reallllly need to get back into strength training! LOL!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Leg press  (1) 20

Wall squats  12

Squats  25

45 degree lunges  15

plie squats  (1)  30

Low plane lunges  12

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

My 7 miles was split up between 2 walks...it takes me about 15 min to walk a mile at a brisk pace. So almost 2 hours. Sansone really helped me find that 15 min per mile pace...haha

Jeanette

7 miles is awesome!  How long did it take?  Way to go Jeanette!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Leg press  (1) 20

Wall squats  12

Squats  25

45 degree lunges  15

plie squats  (1)  30

Low plane lunges  12

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

OH good!  It's so nice to have alternatives to !!!

Good morning!

Today I decided to try Amy's Hip Hop Walk.  I was curious to see how many steps I'd get from doing the whole thing.  I have to say right off that the music is kickin' in this workout, really makes you want to move.  I really think ANYONE would LOVE this workout.  I recommend it to anyone.   I love Amy in this.  She's by herself and she makes you feel like she's right there in your house. 

I burned 297 calories, avg 119, max 145, steps 5,360.

My numbers weren't real high, but I don't care, it was fun.

Have a great day!!

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

OH good! It's so nice to have alternatives to !!!

This blows away. Sorry fans.

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

Ooh - I will have to look for this one - it sounds like a good one - I have avoided Amy's cardio b/c her pace and choreogrpahy can be too crazy for me and her weight work also makes me uncomfortable....but this one may be a winner!Donna

Subject: Wednesday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 9:55 AM

Good morning!

Today I decided to try Amy's Hip Hop Walk. I was curious to see how many steps I'd get from doing the whole thing. I have to say right off that the music is kickin' in this workout, really makes you want to move. I really think ANYONE would LOVE this workout. I recommend it to anyone. I love Amy in this. She's by herself and she makes you feel like she's right there in your house.

I burned 297 calories, avg 119, max 145, steps 5,360.

My numbers weren't real high, but I don't care, it was fun.

Have a great day!!

Guest guest

I have avoided Amy's cardio b/c her pace and choreogrpahy can be too crazy for me and her weight work also makes me

Oh my gosh, this one is NOTHING like her other cardio. The DVD says intermediate, but a beginner could do this so easily. If you like the walking DVD's then this is a must have.

Guest guest

I'll put it on my wish list, thanks!

Re: Wednesday Workout

You mean she doesn't do any moves that leave you scratching your head saying, "Huh??"

No, not at all. All simple moves. You'd love it.