RemedySpot.com

Thursday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Donna. Yes, I do believe its tendonitis. I thought it was going away, but I guess not. ~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 5, 2012 10:29 am Hi , The elbow thing may be the beginning of tendonitis - try ice and rest it a bit!DonnaSubject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 8:13 AM Good morning! I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with additional soreness. Now my calves and abs. The sore abs are from that silly Iron yoga from the other day and I'm sure the add on abs in Pure Strength added to the soreness. I'm not complaining with the abs at all though. Today started with 's 30MTF Boot Camp cardio only premix then it was shoulder work using PUB and PS once again. I haven't done 's BC in a long time so it was a nice change with the cardio. With my back still being so sore I was sure how doing the shoulder work would feel, but it was fine except for my stupid elbow, which is feeling worse with certain exercises. Pyramid Upper Body:side lateral raises 3/5/7/5/3front raises 3/5/7/5/3rear delt flies 3/5/7/5/3Pure Strength:Arnold press ( 3 sets) 10Seated clean & press ( 2 sets) 8/5Side lateral raise ( 2 sets) 8Reverse flys ( 2 sets) 8Lateral raise ( 1 set) 8 I burned 353 calories, avg 132, max 173, steps 3,508 Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

Thanks Carolyn. Yeah, I'm sure its tendonitis. Not sure I'm going to do anything about it. It only hurts when I do certain things, so its really on effecting my workouts and only when doing certain exercises. I did notice it bothered me a lot with the boxing while wearing the weighted gloves. I just hope it doesn't get worse. My husband recommend a brace too. I hope it doesn't get to that point.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 5, 2012 8:55 am > *I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with> additional soreness. Now my calves and abs.hi michelle!wow, you are so mentally strong to soldier on despite the pain.your elbow joint pain may not be simply muscle soreness from working out though. are you going to do anything for it? im thinking that your biceps and triceps are strong so the weight you need to use on them might be too heavy for the elbow joint. if so maybe a brace will help (?):*carolyn.

Guest guest

Hi !You have to be really careful b/c it easily flares back up - and I can see how boxing can make it worse that repetitive motion. I know it is hard for you - but I would say try to rest it as much as you can and ice it, too. I can get pretty bad!Donna

Subject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 8:13 AM

Good morning!

I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with additional soreness. Now my calves and abs. The sore abs are from that silly Iron yoga from the other day and I'm sure the add on abs in Pure Strength added to the soreness. I'm not complaining with the abs at all though.

Today started with 's 30MTF Boot Camp cardio only premix then it was shoulder work using PUB and PS once again. I haven't done 's BC in a long time so it was a nice change with the cardio. With my back still being so sore I was sure how doing the shoulder work would feel, but it was fine except for my stupid elbow, which is feeling worse with certain exercises.

Pyramid Upper Body:

side lateral raises 3/5/7/5/3front raises 3/5/7/5/3rear delt flies 3/5/7/5/3

Pure Strength:

Arnold press ( 3 sets) 10

Seated clean & press ( 2 sets) 8/5

Side lateral raise ( 2 sets) 8

Reverse flys ( 2 sets) 8

Lateral raise ( 1 set) 8

I burned 353 calories, avg 132, max 173, steps 3,508

Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

Thanks Donna. I've been trying to avoid doing certain things with since its been getting worse. ~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 5, 2012 8:46 pm Hi !You have to be really careful b/c it easily flares back up - and I can see how boxing can make it worse that repetitive motion. I know it is hard for you - but I would say try to rest it as much as you can and ice it, too. I can get pretty bad!DonnaSubject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 8:13 AM Good morning! I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with additional soreness. Now my calves and abs. The sore abs are from that silly Iron yoga from the other day and I'm sure the add on abs in Pure Strength added to the soreness. I'm not complaining with the abs at all though. Today started with 's 30MTF Boot Camp cardio only premix then it was shoulder work using PUB and PS once again. I haven't done 's BC in a long time so it was a nice change with the cardio. With my back still being so sore I was sure how doing the shoulder work would feel, but it was fine except for my stupid elbow, which is feeling worse with certain exercises. Pyramid Upper Body:side lateral raises 3/5/7/5/3front raises 3/5/7/5/3rear delt flies 3/5/7/5/3Pure Strength:Arnold press ( 3 sets) 10Seated clean & press ( 2 sets) 8/5Side lateral raise ( 2 sets) 8Reverse flys ( 2 sets) 8Lateral raise ( 1 set) 8 I burned 353 calories, avg 132, max 173, steps 3,508 Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

Just had to jump in and agree wholeheartedly. I had tendonitis in my ankle and it took forever to get rid of it because I didn't take it seriously enough. It wasn't sprained so... yeah, right. It was not fun. RICE it for a while and you'll feel a lot better!

Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 8:13 AM

Good morning!

I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with additional soreness. Now my calves and abs. The sore abs are from that silly Iron yoga from the other day and I'm sure the add on abs in Pure Strength added to the soreness. I'm not complaining with the abs at all though.

Today started with 's 30MTF Boot Camp cardio only premix then it was shoulder work using PUB and PS once again. I haven't done 's BC in a long time so it was a nice change with the cardio. With my back still being so sore I was sure how doing the shoulder work would feel, but it was fine except for my stupid elbow, which is feeling worse with certain exercises.

Pyramid Upper Body:

side lateral raises 3/5/7/5/3front raises 3/5/7/5/3rear delt flies 3/5/7/5/3

Pure Strength:

Arnold press ( 3 sets) 10

Seated clean & press ( 2 sets) 8/5

Side lateral raise ( 2 sets) 8

Reverse flys ( 2 sets) 8

Lateral raise ( 1 set) 8

Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

It took years to heal my ankles after I kept running even though I had a problem. I would wait 6 weeks, and start again, and it would flare up, and finally it just didn't go away. I basically had to learn a different stride over those years to finally get it to heal. It took 3 years before the pain went away. I'd like to think that I've learned, but it's so hard to stop when you're on a roll.

Just had to jump in and agree wholeheartedly. I had tendonitis in my ankle and it took forever to get rid of it because I didn't take it seriously enough. It wasn't sprained so... yeah, right. It was not fun. RICE it for a while and you'll feel a lot better!

Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012, 8:13 AM

Good morning!

I got up this morning with my upper back still VERY sore with additional soreness.  Now my calves and abs.  The sore abs are from that silly Iron yoga from the other day and I'm sure the add on abs in Pure Strength added to the soreness.  I'm not complaining with the abs at all though.

Today started with 's 30MTF Boot Camp cardio only premix then it was shoulder work using PUB and PS once again.  I haven't done 's BC in a long time so it was a nice change with the cardio.  With my back still being so sore I was sure how doing the shoulder work would feel, but it was fine except for my stupid elbow, which is feeling worse with certain exercises.

Pyramid Upper Body:

side lateral raises  3/5/7/5/3front raises 3/5/7/5/3rear delt flies 3/5/7/5/3

Pure Strength:

Arnold press ( 3 sets)  10

Seated clean & press ( 2 sets)   8/5

Side lateral raise ( 2 sets)  8

Reverse flys ( 2 sets) 8

Lateral raise ( 1 set) 8

Have a great day!    ~~

Guest guest

Not stupidity, not if you can still function afterwards anyway. Sounds like determination (and a bit of obsessive-compulsiveness thrown in perhaps?!)! ;-)

Great job, I'm in awe you can do that much on so little sleep!

Thursday Workout

Good morning!

Little to no sleep last night. I amaze myself how I can still workout. Maybe it's just stupidity.

Today on the rotation was KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing. I don't have this one so I went with 's first Step Boxing.

She does 30 minutes of step boxing then does a short cardio/weight section that's around 10 minutes. I had planned to that section, but I was lucky to do anything at all, so I stuck with just the cardio, but did add the abs at the end.

I burned 311 calories, avg 143, max 169, steps 4,635

Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

That is amazing, though, I'm guessing, even when you don't sleep and are tired, you can't sleep (nap,etc.) either?So, might as well workout....

Donna

Subject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 8:34 AM

Good morning!

Little to no sleep last night. I amaze myself how I can still workout. Maybe it's just stupidity.

Today on the rotation was KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing. I don't have this one so I went with 's first Step Boxing.

She does 30 minutes of step boxing then does a short cardio/weight section that's around 10 minutes. I had planned to that section, but I was lucky to do anything at all, so I stuck with just the cardio, but did add the abs at the end.

Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

Nope, no napping for me. I don't think I could even if I tried. I have enough trouble sleeping at night let alone in the day time.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am That is amazing, though, I'm guessing, even when you don't sleep and are tired, you can't sleep (nap,etc.) either?So, might as well workout....DonnaSubject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 8:34 AM Good morning! Little to no sleep last night. I amaze myself how I can still workout. Maybe it's just stupidity. Today on the rotation was KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing. I don't have this one so I went with 's first Step Boxing. She does 30 minutes of step boxing then does a short cardio/weight section that's around 10 minutes. I had planned to that section, but I was lucky to do anything at all, so I stuck with just the cardio, but did add the abs at the end. I burned 311 calories, avg 143, max 169, steps 4,635 Have a great day! ~~

Guest guest

Oh hugs, !  I would sleep whenever you are tired.  If you take a nap and can't sleep later, well, then it's the same as every other sleepless night.  Some people don't need as much sleep.  When you can't sleep do you stay in bed or do you get up and do something?  Read a book?  Do a crossword puzzle?

Nope,  no napping for me.  I don't think I could even if I tried.  I have enough trouble sleeping at night let alone in the day time.~~                                                                                                                                                                              

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >

Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

That is amazing, though, I'm guessing, even when you don't sleep and are tired, you can't sleep (nap,etc.) either?

So, might as well workout....

Donna

Subject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit

Date: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 8:34 AM

Good morning!

Little to no sleep last night.  I amaze myself how I can still workout. Maybe it's just stupidity.

Today on the rotation was KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing.  I don't have this one so I went with 's first Step Boxing.

She does 30 minutes of step boxing then does a short cardio/weight section that's around 10 minutes. I had planned to that section, but I was lucky to do anything at all, so I stuck with just the cardio, but did add the abs at the end.  

Have a great day!   ~~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

You are amazing.  I can't imagine doing any work out that had " advanced " and " step " in the same title.  I think I would love that it is repetitive!  

Good morning!

Today was Amy Bento Advanced Challenge Step 3.  I did the Great NRG premix.  OMG this workout is so freakin' repetitive.  She was on combo one for almost 25 minutes.  She does the combo all on one side a million times and then on the other side.  The time it takes her to do one side would be plenty for both together.      I remember this workout being like this before, but forgot about it until I started doing it.    Doing the same movements so many times got me tripped up and I found myself stopping and just marching.  I skipped the abs.

I burned 463 calories, avg 144, max 177, steps 6,174

Off to get Lily to have her hair done.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I was thinking the same thing (both) but especially about the repetitive, especially since it has "advanced" and "step" in the title!

Re: Thursday Workout

You are amazing. I can't imagine doing any work out that had "advanced" and "step" in the same title. I think I would love that it is repetitive!

Good morning!

Today was Amy Bento Advanced Challenge Step 3. I did the Great NRG premix. OMG this workout is so freakin' repetitive. She was on combo one for almost 25 minutes. She does the combo all on one side a million times and then on the other side. The time it takes her to do one side would be plenty for both together. I remember this workout being like this before, but forgot about it until I started doing it. Doing the same movements so many times got me tripped up and I found myself stopping and just marching. I skipped the abs.

I burned 463 calories, avg 144, max 177, steps 6,174

Off to get Lily to have her hair done.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Ug!  Sorry you were still up at 3:00 am :(   Do you ever just try and stay up later?  LIke, try going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6:00 ?You're again reminding me about Leg Day :)  thanks for always being an inspiration, !

Good morning!

I didn't pick out a workout last night because I wasn't sure how my legs would feel today.  I have some DOMS in my calves and inner thighs and I think there will be more to come later.  I went ahead and went with what I had on my mind while lying in bed at 3 am this morning. :(

I did Breathless Body.  I did the whole workout but only 4 of each 8 drills.   I actually should've just done all 8 and only half the workout because at the end I found myself wanting more. 

Sticking with Amy I put in her Give Me 10 More and did the fat blasting, Core and part of the floor stretches.  The core was a total waste of time.  She did most of it standing and I felt nothing.

So with all of that I burned 420 calories, avg 137, max 181, steps 5,208

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I've tried just about everything. I even tried to just stay up until I felt like I was so sleepy that I couldn't hold my head up. Didn't work. I have a pharmacy of sleep meds, including Lunesta, which I took 2 of last night. :(~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, May 10, 2012 10:35 am

Ug!  Sorry you were still up at 3:00 am :(   Do you ever just try and stay up later?  LIke, try going to bed at midnight and getting up at 6:00 ?You're again reminding me about Leg Day :)  thanks for always being an inspiration, !

Good morning!

I didn't pick out a workout last night because I wasn't sure how my legs would feel today.  I have some DOMS in my calves and inner thighs and I think there will be more to come later.  I went ahead and went with what I had on my mind while lying in bed at 3 am this morning. :(

I did Breathless Body.  I did the whole workout but only 4 of each 8 drills.   I actually should've just done all 8 and only half the workout because at the end I found myself wanting more. 

Sticking with Amy I put in her Give Me 10 More and did the fat blasting, Core and part of the floor stretches.  The core was a total waste of time.  She did most of it standing and I felt nothing.

So with all of that I burned 420 calories, avg 137, max 181, steps 5,208

Have a great day!~~

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hurray for low impact high calorie burn workouts!

Woo! What a great calorie burn, . Hurray for nice energy!

Good morning!

I got up super early to get my workout in.   Lily has a hair appointment this morning and and I are going to run around while she's there.

I haven't got up early in a few weeks so it was rough.  I had cardio down to do, but I knew last night I was planning something low impact.  I got up with some nice energy,  that surprised me.

I ended up doing Cathe's Low Impact Challenge and did the whole thing.  It was so fun.  I really like this workout.

I burned 429 calories, avg 150, max 173, steps 5,855 

Have a great day!

~~

Guest guest

Great job, ! I've only done this one once and it was tough but I loved it! We're looking at 90 here today. The last two days have been in the 90s also. Tomorrow should be cooler here though.

Thursday Workout

Good morning!!

Today was kick box. I pulled out Cathe's Kick Max. It had been a year since I'd done this workout. I did all of it but the leg drills at the end. Those 10 blasts are so hard. I modified a lot. I felt like I should've pushed myself more, but I still got it done and I guess that's all that matters. I wore my 1 lb gloves for the combos. The blasts makes up for the combos not being very hard, that's for sure.

I burned 431 calories, avg 146, max 194, steps 5,641

Just got back from walking the dogs. Its going to be another hot one today.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

Good job! I like this one, but hate the blasts!!! I really should pull it out again, though. Maybe soon.

It is WAY hot here, too. We're supposed to get up to 100....but better for the weekend. My poor DD is at horseback riding camp and it is all outdoors. Go figure, next week she is in art camp where they are inside - I bet next week's weather is gorgeous! ('s Law!)

Donna

Subject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , fitandthatsit , exercisevideos Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 9:26 AM

Good morning!!

Today was kick box. I pulled out Cathe's Kick Max. It had been a year since I'd done this workout. I did all of it but the leg drills at the end. Those 10 blasts are so hard. I modified a lot. I felt like I should've pushed myself more, but I still got it done and I guess that's all that matters. I wore my 1 lb gloves for the combos. The blasts makes up for the combos not being very hard, that's for sure.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

That one is so hard, and I've never used weighted gloves! Nice going .

Good morning!!

Have a great day!~~

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

awwww you skipped the wrist and reverse curls?  I always appreciated those in this workout, because we rarely seem them in a video.At CAC we have this thing that looks like a weighted ab roller of sorts but it's on a string and you roll it up and down for reverse curls.  I haven't used it myself yet though :)

Good morning!

Just got back from walking the dogs.  Still really humid out there.

Today was a short cardio and bicep work from Slow & Heavy.  For the cardio I did 4 Day Split High Intensity Step then went straight to biceps.

BICEPS: 12 reps, 3 setsDB curls   15 Hammer curls  15/13BB curls 25BB wrist curls- skippedReverse wrist curls- skipped 

(I'm going to do the wrist curls in tomorrows workout)

I've been sore all this week so far.  That's why I love this series so much.  Never fails to burn.

I burned 451 calories, a vg 153, max 190 (I know) steps 3,889

Have a great day!~~

-- ___________________________________________________________________Please help support my website by doing your Amazon shopping through me with

this link:http://www.amazon.com/? & tag=pinkpussycasc-20 & camp=212361 & creative=392009 & linkCode=wsw &    

THANK YOU!  =^..^=

Guest guest

Good morning!

Today was Absolute KB with S. (KB only) and then bicep work.

Pyramid Upper Body- Biceps 10/12/15/12/10 Traditional and hammer curls

Slo-Mo- Biceps

Concentration Curls BB 3 sets 30

Bicep bonfire 3 sets 8

Incline Bicep curls 3 sets (I used 12 db)

I burned 451 calories, avg 137, max 176, steps 4,451

These have been really long workouts this week.

Have a great day!!

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

oooo I'm intrigued by " bicep bonfire " ! 

Good morning!

Today was Absolute KB with S. (KB only) and then bicep work. 

Pyramid Upper Body- Biceps  10/12/15/12/10  Traditional and hammer curls

Slo-Mo- Biceps

Concentration Curls BB  3 sets  30 

Bicep bonfire  3 sets  8

Incline Bicep curls 3 sets  (I used 12 db)

I burned 451 calories, avg 137, max 176, steps 4,451

These have been really long workouts this week.

Have a great day!!

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

-- ___________________________________________________________________Please help support my website by doing your Amazon shopping through me with

this link:http://www.amazon.com/? & tag=pinkpussycasc-20 & camp=212361 & creative=392009 & linkCode=wsw &    

THANK YOU!  =^..^=

Guest guest

Oh - to reply to another of your messages, my DD is 9 today!

I was thinking she was close to my DD's age. Happy Birthday to her!

Guest guest

I agree with you...early in the morning is the best for me! I get up at 4:45

twice a week and 5:30 twice a week to work out. It is SO much better for me to

get it done before moving on to my regular day. Then it's not hanging over me

all day long. Even if I do Zumba at night (once a week), I still get up early

and walk on my treadmill. The Zumba is extra.

Ronda

>

> Good morning!

>

> Late getting my workout today. I decided not to get up at 5:15 like I

> usually do and get my workout done. I figured I could get some extra

> sleep while I can before school starts back up. Well, that was a mistake.

Not

> only did I wake up at 5 am, I tossed and turned until 6:30 and got up.

>

> I ended up doing other things and not starting my workout until like 10.

> Grrrr I hate that. From now on its early for me. I hate not being

> done!! How do you all feel about getting up early JUST to workout? My

family

> says I'm nuts.

>

> Today was cardio. At this point I didn't feel like anything long.

> Like I said, it was already 10. I went with CTX Step & Intervals (cardio and

> stretch) This WORKED! I was super red faced at the end. Those 3

> intervals she does at the end really got me good.

>

> I burned 256 calories, avg 133, max 179, steps 3,761

>

>

>

> Have a great day!

>

Guest guest

I still get up early and walk on my treadmill. The Zumba is extra.

That's how it is for me with my yoga. I enjoy the yoga in the evening. And the thing with yoga is I don't commit myself to it. If I get it in I do and if I have something else to do then I don't stress about it. I like to get at least 3 in a week though, but am happy with 2.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting up early JUST to workout.

Guest guest

Me too. My days go best when it happens in the morning. My best workouts happen then.

I agree with you...early in the morning is the best for me! I get up at 4:45 twice a week and 5:30 twice a week to work out. It is SO much better for me to get it done before moving on to my regular day. Then it's not hanging over me all day long. Even if I do Zumba at night (once a week), I still get up early and walk on my treadmill. The Zumba is extra.

Ronda

>

> Good morning!

>

> Late getting my workout today. I decided not to get up at 5:15 like I

> usually do and get my workout done. I figured I could get some extra

> sleep while I can before school starts back up. Well, that was a mistake. Not

> only did I wake up at 5 am, I tossed and turned until 6:30 and got up.

>

> I ended up doing other things and not starting my workout until like 10.

> Grrrr I hate that. From now on its early for me. I hate not being

> done!! How do you all feel about getting up early JUST to workout? My family

> says I'm nuts.

>

> Today was cardio. At this point I didn't feel like anything long.

> Like I said, it was already 10. I went with CTX Step & Intervals (cardio and

> stretch) This WORKED! I was super red faced at the end. Those 3

> intervals she does at the end really got me good.

>

> I burned 256 calories, avg 133, max 179, steps 3,761

>

>

>

> Have a great day!

>