RemedySpot.com

Updates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Woo hoo!!! DH has a job!!!! He interviewed from 10-12 today and shortly after 5 he got a phone call from the recruiter (he'll be working contract) telling him they wanted to hire him and that he might even start as soon as Monday! He still has

to iron out salary/benefits questions but is going to the contractor office to fill out employment paperwork and all that jazz Thursday.

Even if the salary comes out to what he was quoted in the email he got after their conversation, it is still a lot better than what he was getting at his last job (in customer service). It is not as good as his last tech writing job but not terrible. We'll see I guess on that. We were willing to accept anything at least commensurate to his last salary (we were very tight but were making it work) so any job is a good one and this looks great. He met with four people, 2 interviews (2 sets of 2). The work is similar to things he was doing at his last contract position in tech writing and he felt very comfortable with the people with whom he interviewed and very comfortable with the work. He felt that he could

make an excellent contribution there and they apparently thought he could too. He's the only person they interviewed for the job too! It is a

one year contract with the possibility that it could go longer and possibly he could end up being hired direct into Bosch. He said they seem to have a ton of work so that's really good. They seemed excited to

have him and he's really excited about it too. Just wanted to share with you all!!! Woo hoo!!!In the foot department, I tried walking barefoot just a tiny bit Sunday and it made my darn pinched nerve flare in dramatic fashion. The doc gave me another shot yesterday (previously scheduled appointment) and as usual, it hurts when I walk on it today (and yesterday) but at least I was able to sleep last night. The walking discomfort should fade by tomorrow or the next day. I'm still on an every 2 week appointment schedule at least so that's good. It was doing absolutely great until this latest episode so I've learned my lesson, no walking (or working out) barefoot. I haven't worked out in a few days. I can do something on the floor or seated but when I've wanted to put in a few minutes, it is just so darn late and I'm so darn tired and then I so darn don't. I really hate this but apparently not enough to push hard enough to change it. With DH newly employed, even if the salary stays the same as what he was quoted, it

will still be good and I should be able to slow down my work some. I've got commitments for subbing through the end of August especially and one that goes through most of September but now I feel less pressured to keep going at the pace I have been and can be picker about what I accept. Alll that means I might be able to get back into a better workout rhythm again. The kids go back to school the day after Labor Day so that should help too. I'll just get through August and then see where I can go in September with things.Alright so that's my update!! Woo hoo!!