RemedySpot.com

Re: Tuesday - Yoga Xtreme & Walking cardio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hugs... I went out last night too.. I didn't drink too much, one glass of absinthe and 2 glasses of wine (for me that's tame) but way over carbed it at the Lebanese restaurant and had leftover tahini, babaganoosh, hummus, lemon rice and pita this morning for breakfast :/

Luckily it's leg night with Noel, and I'll probably do the eliptical at lunch, so that will help,  A LITTLE.  But it makes me grouchy.  I had a great time last night but in an illogical way I'm resentful too.  I wish all of you lived by me so we could work out together and have healthy potlucks once a month or something! 

Keep us posted on the dog front!  Hugs,

Hi Everyone,

Today I did the 1st 15 min walking workout from Freytag's 2 Week Turnaround Cardio DVD. This one uses light hand weights and basic choreography. I basically used it as a warm-up. ( is a backgrounder, and now, I have a sudden interest in all of her DVDs! )

After that I did the 10 lb slimdown xtreme yoga routine which I liked very much - it is " power " -ish yoga but not an endless stream of sun salutations and at the end she does a nice series of restorative poses.

Last night I went out w/ the " girls " (and ate too much) and today, one of my meetings is a lunch meeting (where I " m sure I will eat too much - eating out is not one of my favorite things b/c everything is so salty and fattening... ) Oh well, it

doesn't happen often.Talk to everyone later!We're in a dog " triangle " in our house. DH wants to buy a Newfoundland puppy (DH and I had a newfie for 9 years when we were first married), DD wants a Collie and I am content w/ finding a nice rescue. Time will tell, I guess.

Although, after my last rescue experience, I do feel very leary of trying again, but to me I feel it is the way we should go to save a dog in need......just don't want to get burned a 2nd time!

Take care -

Donna

Guest guest

I've gotten 3 extremely wonderful dogs from rescue organizations -- not shelters

or adoption agencies. A dog's " true colors " don't show up well in a shelter

environment, but breed organizations often have the dogs in foster homes, with

experienced dog people. Look into " collie/newfie/golden/whatever rescue

organizations " rather than " Pet finder " or the local pound. (I'd do fostering

myslef, but my husband doesn't like the idea...)

Indyrose

>

> Hi Everyone,

>  

> Today I did the 1st 15 min walking workout from Freytag's 2 Week

Turnaround Cardio DVD. This one uses light hand weights and basic choreography.

I basically used it as a warm-up. ( is a backgrounder, and now, I

have a sudden interest in all of her DVDs! )

> After that I did the 10 lb slimdown xtreme yoga routine which I liked very

much - it is " power " -ish yoga but not an endless stream of sun salutations and

at the end she does a nice series of restorative poses.

>

> Last night I went out w/ the " girls " (and ate too much) and today, one of my

meetings is a lunch meeting (where I " m sure I will eat too much - eating out is

not one of my favorite things b/c everything is so salty and fattening... ) Oh

well, it doesn't happen often.

>

> Talk to everyone later!

>

> We're in a dog " triangle " in our house. DH wants to buy a Newfoundland puppy

(DH and I had a newfie for 9 years when we were first married), DD wants a

Collie and I am content w/ finding a nice rescue. Time will tell, I guess.

>

> Although, after my last rescue experience, I do feel very leary of trying

again, but to me I feel it is the way we should go to save a dog in

need......just don't want to get burned a 2nd time!

>  

> Take care -

>

> Donna

>

Guest guest

Hi Indy,Thanks, I'm trying to work w/ rescues - we got all of our dogs through rescues and all was good. Do you think that returning Luna will be a big black mark against me in working w/ a rescue? I really never thought I would have to return a dog, but she really was not a good fit for us and had I known what I learned I would not have adopted her. What makes me sad, is in spite of my telling the rescue about the issues and making recommendations (such as she be placed in an adults only or adults w/ teens home and that they should note extra training will be required) they have her re-listed with the same exact info (saying she is good w/ kids and other dogs...). I feel that is just going to lead to more problems.Thanks -

Donna

Subject: Re: Tuesday - Yoga Xtreme & Walking cardioTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 12:11 PM

I've gotten 3 extremely wonderful dogs from rescue organizations -- not shelters or adoption agencies. A dog's "true colors" don't show up well in a shelter environment, but breed organizations often have the dogs in foster homes, with experienced dog people. Look into "collie/newfie/golden/whatever rescue organizations" rather than "Pet finder" or the local pound. (I'd do fostering myslef, but my husband doesn't like the idea...)Indyrose>> Hi Everyone,> > Today I did the 1st 15 min walking workout from Freytag's 2 Week Turnaround Cardio DVD. This one uses light hand weights and basic choreography. I basically used it as a warm-up. ( is

a backgrounder, and now, I have a sudden interest in all of her DVDs! )> After that I did the 10 lb slimdown xtreme yoga routine which I liked very much - it is "power"-ish yoga but not an endless stream of sun salutations and at the end she does a nice series of restorative poses. > > Last night I went out w/ the "girls" (and ate too much) and today, one of my meetings is a lunch meeting (where I"m sure I will eat too much - eating out is not one of my favorite things b/c everything is so salty and fattening... ) Oh well, it doesn't happen often.> > Talk to everyone later!> > We're in a dog "triangle" in our house. DH wants to buy a Newfoundland puppy (DH and I had a newfie for 9 years when we were first married), DD wants a Collie and I am content w/ finding a nice rescue. Time will tell, I guess.> > Although, after my last rescue experience, I do feel very leary of trying again, but to me

I feel it is the way we should go to save a dog in need......just don't want to get burned a 2nd time!> > Take care -> > Donna>

Guest guest

Were I running a rescue, I would not count that against you. I suspect some may,

though. I think it's better to know that after a trial period than keep trying

to " force-fit " a dog into the wrong family.

The fact that they didn't change the description leaves me with doubts about the

honesty of the rescue people. (Not that they are being dishonest, per se, but

people often fool themselves when it come to animals.) It's hard to say out

loud, " This is not a good family dog. "

There are plenty of good dogs out there, deserving of the love you have for

them. (Heck, a lot of dogs get more love and affection than many children of

this world!!)

Don't let a bad match get you down!(A lot of people MARRY a bad match, too! >:-P

Indyrose

> >

> > Hi Everyone,

> >  

> > Today I did the 1st 15 min walking workout from Freytag's 2 Week

Turnaround Cardio DVD. This one uses light hand weights and basic choreography.

I basically used it as a warm-up. ( is a backgrounder, and now, I

have a sudden interest in all of her DVDs! )

> > After that I did the 10 lb slimdown xtreme yoga routine which I liked very

much - it is " power " -ish yoga but not an endless stream of sun salutations and

at the end she does a nice series of restorative poses.

> >

> > Last night I went out w/ the " girls " (and ate too much) and today, one of my

meetings is a lunch meeting (where I " m sure I will eat too much - eating out is

not one of my favorite things b/c everything is so salty and fattening... ) Oh

well, it doesn't happen often.

> >

> > Talk to everyone later!

> >

> > We're in a dog " triangle " in our house. DH wants to buy a Newfoundland puppy

(DH and I had a newfie for 9 years when we were first married), DD wants a

Collie and I am content w/ finding a nice rescue. Time will tell, I guess.

> >

> > Although, after my last rescue experience, I do feel very leary of trying

again, but to me I feel it is the way we should go to save a dog in

need......just don't want to get burned a 2nd time!

> >  

> > Take care -

> >

> > Donna

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for your thoughts Indy. I was wondering how it would impact me in future adoptions and whether or not I should even disclose it - since we only had Luna for 2 weeks. But, I feel better being honest about it - I would just hate for this unfortunate event to be held against us after 20+ years of dog ownership as adults and having been raised w/ dogs almost my whole "kid" life (DH, too, was raised w/ dogs). But, honesty is the best policy and I did feel it best to decide quickly with Luna rather than continue on for months on end only to have the same result. I do think this rescue organization was not the best at screening and I think they may fall into the category of "animals before people" - which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE animals,

especially dogs, and with all my past dogs I made lots of lifestyle accommodations so that I could keep them and keep them healthy. Back in the early days w/ DH we moved around a lot for his work and we always made sure that our Newfoundland was able to come with us - even if it meant living in a less desirable community. I think Luna is ultimately adoptable, but I think they should be clear in the description that she is going to require a lot of extra work and training and that she may not be best suited for a home with children due to her fear issues.

Oh well - I will keep trying to find a good match!

Talk to you soon!Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:01 PMSubject: Re: Tuesday - Yoga Xtreme & Walking cardio

Were I running a rescue, I would not count that against you. I suspect some may, though. I think it's better to know that after a trial period than keep trying to "force-fit" a dog into the wrong family.The fact that they didn't change the description leaves me with doubts about the honesty of the rescue people. (Not that they are being dishonest, per se, but people often fool themselves when it come to animals.) It's hard to say out loud, "This is not a good family dog."There are plenty of good dogs out there, deserving of the love you have for them. (Heck, a lot of dogs get more love and affection than many children of this world!!)Don't let a bad match get you down!(A lot of people MARRY a bad match, too! >:-PIndyrose> >> > Hi Everyone,> > Â > > Today I did the 1st 15 min walking workout from Freytag's 2 Week Turnaround Cardio DVD. This one uses light hand weights and basic choreography. I basically used it as a warm-up. ( is a backgrounder, and now, I have a sudden interest in all of her DVDs! )> > After that I did the 10 lb slimdown xtreme yoga routine which I liked very much - it is "power"-ish yoga but not an endless stream of sun salutations and at the end she does a nice series of restorative poses. > > > > Last night I went out w/ the "girls" (and ate too much) and today, one of my meetings is a lunch meeting (where I"m sure I will eat too much - eating out is not one of my favorite things b/c everything is so

salty and fattening... ) Oh well, it doesn't happen often.> > > > Talk to everyone later!> > > > We're in a dog "triangle" in our house. DH wants to buy a Newfoundland puppy (DH and I had a newfie for 9 years when we were first married), DD wants a Collie and I am content w/ finding a nice rescue. Time will tell, I guess.> > > > Although, after my last rescue experience, I do feel very leary of trying again, but to me I feel it is the way we should go to save a dog in need......just don't want to get burned a 2nd time!> > Â > > Take care -> > > > Donna> >>