RemedySpot.com

Re: Tricep Day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You're most welcome, !I write down the weights I use and keep them in a notebook so I remember what to use.   Initially, that is always an issue for me as well!   At the gym sometimes it takes me a few reps to get the hang of a new machine and there's a period of awkwardness there too, so you're not alone in that one!  I had to ask for help on working the Gravitron a few days ago, because there weren't any real instructions on how to use it on the machine, which I'd never encountered before.

30 seconds rest in between sets is great!I'm looking up demos of exercises on YouTube all the time.  I get some great ideas to mix things up from there.  

Have fun!

First of all, thank you so much to for giving me exercises to do on my own and the help with them! I did the workout this morning and learned something important about me and working out... I'm as good as remembering how exercises go, after seeing and doing them a million times as I am at remembering how to get somewhere after riding in a car with someone else driving (or even driving it myself)... lousy! ;-) When I've gone to gyms in the past and gotten a routine from a trainer, the free weight parts always threw me off because I could never remember what they'd shown me to do. Now, even after working out with videos for years, I still can't remember what to do!

I thought I knew how to do all of them (including the ones helped me remember and I had the explanations she'd given me) but when it came to actually executing them without a video... sad, sad, sad! I still did at least my version of all the exercises (and some were right). Afterwards, I looked online for instructional clips and just laughed! " Oh, that's why that one seemed soooo much harder than it normally is! "

I also had a hard time figuring out what weights to use and kept picking too heavy and failing on rep 4 of the first set then I'd go too light. I wrote down what I used though (which may be different next time for the ones I did wrong!) and what I think I should try next time instead.

Last thing that I hadn't even thought about was how long to do you rest between sets? I rested 30 seconds, is that too long? Too short? I stretched in between sets most of the time too.

Overall, it was a neat thing to try and yes, I'd do it again (with plenty of time to look up instructional videos as needed though!). It actually did give me a confidence boost just to try it, despite my trials! :-) Thank you again, !!!

Guest guest

is there an app for that?? I need to find one as I always forget my weights .. then either start too light or too heavy..judy To: exercisevideos Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:21 PM Subject: Re: Tricep Day

You're most welcome, !I write down the weights I use and keep them in a notebook so I remember what to use. Initially, that is always an issue for me as well! At the gym sometimes it takes me a few reps to get the hang of a new machine and there's a period of awkwardness there too, so you're not alone in that one! I had to ask for help on working the Gravitron a few days ago, because there weren't any real instructions on how to use it on the machine, which I'd never encountered before.

30 seconds rest in between sets is great!I'm looking up demos of exercises on YouTube all the time. I get some great ideas to mix things up from there.

Have fun!

First of all, thank you so much to for giving me exercises to do on my own and the help with them! I did the workout this morning and learned something important about me and working out... I'm as good as remembering how exercises go, after seeing and doing them a million times as I am at remembering how to get somewhere after riding in a car with someone else driving (or even driving it myself)... lousy! ;-) When I've gone to gyms in the past and gotten a routine from a trainer, the free weight parts always threw me off because I could never remember what they'd shown me to do. Now, even after working out with videos for years, I still can't remember what to do!

I thought I knew how to do all of them (including the ones helped me remember and I had the explanations she'd given me) but when it came to actually executing them without a video... sad, sad, sad! I still did at least my version of all the exercises (and some were right). Afterwards, I looked online for instructional clips and just laughed! "Oh, that's why that one seemed soooo much harder than it normally is!"

I also had a hard time figuring out what weights to use and kept picking too heavy and failing on rep 4 of the first set then I'd go too light. I wrote down what I used though (which may be different next time for the ones I did wrong!) and what I think I should try next time instead.

Last thing that I hadn't even thought about was how long to do you rest between sets? I rested 30 seconds, is that too long? Too short? I stretched in between sets most of the time too.

Overall, it was a neat thing to try and yes, I'd do it again (with plenty of time to look up instructional videos as needed though!). It actually did give me a confidence boost just to try it, despite my trials! :-) Thank you again, !!!

Guest guest

I just printed out your routine and wrote my weights on the sheet but I do have a spiral notebook I'll put the paper into with a tab for "Other Workouts" (the other tabs are things like Cathe and FIRM worksheets). I should put it into a spreadsheet like those are, that would be easier to work with too.

Thanks for letting me know the rest time was appropriate! It seemed to work.

It was kind of interesting looking on youtube for exercise clips. I had to pull myself away actually, that surprised me! :-)

The next step down the road a bit is music. I had no music since I knew picking any would be WAY too time consuming today. Music wouldn't have helped today anyway but once I've done the routine a couple of times and am comfortable remembering what to do without notes or video clips, music would be very helpful I'm sure. This is actually kind of fun! I remember you and Sara talking about her gym workouts and I was always thinking (and saying) good for you guys but I can't workout without a video. I guess I can! :-)

You're most welcome, !

I write down the weights I use and keep them in a notebook so I remember what to use. Initially, that is always an issue for me as well! At the gym sometimes it takes me a few reps to get the hang of a new machine and there's a period of awkwardness there too, so you're not alone in that one! I had to ask for help on working the Gravitron a few days ago, because there weren't any real instructions on how to use it on the machine, which I'd never encountered before.

30 seconds rest in between sets is great!

I'm looking up demos of exercises on YouTube all the time. I get some great ideas to mix things up from there.

Have fun!

I thought I knew how to do all of them (including the ones helped me remember and I had the explanations she'd given me) but when it came to actually executing them without a video... sad, sad, sad! I still did at least my version of all the exercises (and some were right). Afterwards, I looked online for instructional clips and just laughed! "Oh, that's why that one seemed soooo much harder than it normally is!"

Guest guest

There's probably an app but I'm old fashioned this way and like using a paper notebook that just stays in my gym bag

is there an app for that?? I need to find one as I always forget my weights .. then either start too light or too heavy..

judy

To: exercisevideos

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:21 PM Subject: Re: Tricep Day

You're most welcome, !I write down the weights I use and keep them in a notebook so I remember what to use.   Initially, that is always an issue for me as well!   At the gym sometimes it takes me a few reps to get the hang of a new machine and there's a period of awkwardness there too, so you're not alone in that one!  I had to ask for help on working the Gravitron a few days ago, because there weren't any real instructions on how to use it on the machine, which I'd never encountered before.

30 seconds rest in between sets is great!I'm looking up demos of exercises on YouTube all the time.  I get some great ideas to mix things up from there.  

Have fun!

I thought I knew how to do all of them (including the ones helped me remember and I had the explanations she'd given me) but when it came to actually executing them without a video... sad, sad, sad! I still did at least my version of all the exercises (and some were right). Afterwards, I looked online for instructional clips and just laughed! " Oh, that's why that one seemed soooo much harder than it normally is! "

Guest guest

Isn't there an app for everything??! :-)

(who doesn't even own a device that can use apps)

You're most welcome, !

I write down the weights I use and keep them in a notebook so I remember what to use. Initially, that is always an issue for me as well! At the gym sometimes it takes me a few reps to get the hang of a new machine and there's a period of awkwardness there too, so you're not alone in that one! I had to ask for help on working the Gravitron a few days ago, because there weren't any real instructions on how to use it on the machine, which I'd never encountered before.

30 seconds rest in between sets is great!

I'm looking up demos of exercises on YouTube all the time. I get some great ideas to mix things up from there.

Have fun!

Guest guest

Is there an app to find out if there is an app for that?

Indyrose

>

>

> First of all, thank you so much to for giving me exercises to do on

my own and the help with them! I did the workout this morning and learned

something important about me and working out... I'm as good as remembering how

exercises go, after seeing and doing them a million times as I am at remembering

how to get somewhere after riding in a car with someone else driving (or even

driving it myself)... lousy! ;-) When I've gone to gyms in the past and gotten a

routine from a trainer, the free weight parts always threw me off because I

could never remember what they'd shown me to do. Now, even after working out

with videos for years, I still can't remember what to do!

>

> I thought I knew how to do all of them (including the ones helped me

remember and I had the explanations she'd given me) but when it came to actually

executing them without a video... sad, sad, sad! I still did at least my version

of all the exercises (and some were right). Afterwards, I looked online for

instructional clips and just laughed! " Oh, that's why that one seemed soooo much

harder than it normally is! "

>

> I also had a hard time figuring out what weights to use and kept picking

too heavy and failing on rep 4 of the first set then I'd go too light. I wrote

down what I used though (which may be different next time for the ones I did

wrong!) and what I think I should try next time instead.

>

> Last thing that I hadn't even thought about was how long to do you rest

between sets? I rested 30 seconds, is that too long? Too short? I stretched in

between sets most of the time too.

>

> Overall, it was a neat thing to try and yes, I'd do it again (with plenty

of time to look up instructional videos as needed though!). It actually did give

me a confidence boost just to try it, despite my trials! :-) Thank you again,

!!!

>

>

>