RemedySpot.com

Weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I was MIA this weekend b/c our power went out during a huge storm on Fri night and didn't come back on until Sunday afternoon - I really need a generator b/c we are on a well and w/out power we have no water. That was the worst part - the heat, I could live with - ugh. But at least it is over.

To add to the fun, in the middle of the whole thing had an accident and broke her collarbone. She (and I) are beyond bummed b/c her activities are so limited - and it is summer vacation. She has to quit her horseback riding lessons and camp and I now need to find a camp that is injury friendly at the last minute. UGH!We have a follow up w/ the orthopedist to find out if any further treatment is needed (I hope not - I do know of someone who had to have surgery to repair the break, but the ER doc didn't think that was going to be the case - but we shall find out more once we see the ortho - I really, really hope not - that will just compound the trauma) *SIGH*

Needless to say, w/ all this going on - no workout for me! I do plan to get back at it sometime this week though.

Oh - on the dog front things are going much better. I'm still going to work w/ a trainer on the fear issues (I think that is our biggest challenge) but things around the house are much improved, and in spite of what my vet tech said, she *Is* leaving the rabbit alone, I still wouldn't trust her unsupervised w/ him, but I also didn't trust Shenan unsupervised with him - they are prey/predator! I think that I let the Vet Tech erode my confidence in my ability to handle this dog - she told me I would never be able to train her to avoid the rabbit - but we did - if she goes to his cage, I can call her, say "leave it" and she will come. The tech also said she didn't think I had a strong enough personality to overcome the fears (and yes, I'm not a super loud or aggressive person, but maybe that isn't entirely what is needed) I guess it is like raising a kid to some extent, you read up on different theories of raising

them, but in the end you end up finding the blend of theories that works best for you.

Ok - talk to everyone later.

Donna