even so, it was still a big commitment of time and energy (and

still is).

i got chinook at the local shelter.... he was fully screened and

tested for behaviour and health (i saw the reports on all of the

tests they did with him), micro-chipped, neutered, and came with

some food and treats... all for $200. i dont know how the

shelters there operate but the shelters here are the best places

to get a dog. private breeders and rescue organizations do not

normally do all of tests and vet visits that the shelter does.

:*c.

Guest guest

Thanks Carolyn - my thoughts (although initially very excited about getting two at once!) are about the same as yours. I think it may make more sense to get one puppy now, train it, then, get another in the future. It is funny how all of a sudden these two opportunities came up at the same time. I also think that in terms of bonding w/ people it may be better to have one first as an "only" dog so that he/she would bond with us first instead of just with a brother/sister.

crazy -

Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:30 AMSubject: Re: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questions

hi donna -this is my personal opinion.... but i would not be able to have two puppies at the same time. when ive kept two dogs, ive always had one that is mature (around 5 yrs) and the other which is a puppy. the elder dog has always been alot of assistance in training the younger one.chinook is old enough now to get a puppy, but i do not have enough time on my hands to puppy train. i cant imagine working (even just part-time), running the house and the kids and training a puppy, let alone two of them. that would be a huge commitment of time and effort on my part. i would only get a puppy if i had alot of free time and really yearned to train a baby dog.i am kind of sad that i didnt have chinook when he was a puppy, but overall i am glad that i got him at 18 months of age and that he had already had alot of training.even so, it was still a big commitment of time and energy

(and still is).i got chinook at the local shelter.... he was fully screened and tested for behaviour and health (i saw the reports on all of the tests they did with him), micro-chipped, neutered, and came with some food and treats... all for $200. i dont know how the shelters there operate but the shelters here are the best places to get a dog. private breeders and rescue organizations do not normally do all of tests and vet visits that the shelter does.:*c.

Guest guest

Great job on the xtreme lower body, I know just the regular 10 lb slimdown lower body is very tough, I'm sure this one is that much more so!I'm not a dog person but my MIL has a golden that they got as a puppy and even as an adult that dog has tons of energy. When he was a puppy he was insane! Super happy, super sweet dog but so much energy and he needed a lot of training to harness that energy. So... just my two cents... good luck with with your decision!From:

Donna M-P To: exercisevideos <exercisevideos >; Fit Firmies <FitFirmies >Sent: Wed, July 25, 2012 8:06:31 AMSubject: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questions

Hi Everyone,

Today was 10 lb slimdown xtreme lower body - this is the toughest in the series. It is HARD (at least for me!) and I generally matched Chris's weights (sometimes I went higher, sometimes lower - but about average to Chris!). This one really gets my HR up, too.

I skipped Blissology today b/c I couldn't handle any sun salutations! So I did Kries' Yin Yoga segment from her Hot Body/Cool Mind DVD. That was perfect!Ok - crazy question - if I got 2 puppies at the same time, would I be insane? It turns out that I may be able to get a baby Golden and a baby Collie. Anyone ever get 2 puppies at the same time (they are 3 weeks apart in age)? I eventually wanted to have 2 dogs - but I had imagined getting one now and one later. Would training them together be super hard or would it be just hard up front and easier than taking the time to train another puppy next year? Sort of like twins vs. kids that are born a year apart? Take care!Donna

Guest guest

Ok - crazy question - if I got 2 puppies at the same time, would I be insane? It turns out that I may be able to get a baby Golden and a baby Collie

me personally, I would get two at a time, but that's just me. I'm a HUGE dog person so the more the merrier lol.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn!Thanks for your response (if I didn't already). We decided to get one at a time. We're planning on the Golden puppy first and then later on down the road maybe adding a 2nd dog (probably a Collie, if DD still wants one - unless she gets hooked on Goldens!). DD will also be older then, so she will be able to help out even more w/ training especially if she views it as "her" dog. Personally, I think 18 months is a pefect age for a dog to be adopted - Shenan was somewhree in there when we got her and a lot of the puppy issues were already over with - we just had some adjustment issues -some in part to Shenan probably having been abused or mistreated. You certainly do a lot with Chinook - he is very lucky to have

you!

Over here,I think shelters are more risky than rescues b/c at least in rescue situations the dog has been in a foster home and in theory evaluated (although Luna, IMHO was not "tested" as much as she should have been b/c she was not good with other dogs or kids!). Also, shelters tend to have a lot of Pit Bull/Pit Bull mixes only. I'm not saying all Pits are dangerous (I have met some that were very sweet), but they do tend to have a strong-willed personality that needs a special alpha-type owner and I think a Pit with a history of abuse/neglect is going to be a handful (I think Luna was a Pit Mix that was represented as a Lab/Hound so she would be adopted - that is the other thing, b/c of the bad press on Pits, dogs are often labeled as anything but Pits, even if they are!). However, as I learned, not all rescues are created equal! Some rescues (I think mostly the "breed" rescues)

do a better job than others in screening/'placing the dogs, but they are also more difficult to work with (in part, I'm sure b/c they screen the potential owners more carefully too!) and there is a longer wait time for a dog from them. This is my first dog from a breeder and I feel a little funny about it - but I was really too nervous about trying rescue again so soon after my Luna experience. Plus, I knew that rescues would scrutinize me and possibly not allow me to adopt from them b/c of the return of Luna - in spite of 20 years of successful dog ownership. Just not something I wanted to deal with right now. Maybe next time around we'll try a rescue!Talk to you later!Donna

To: exercisevideos Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:30 AMSubject: Re: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questions

hi donna -this is my personal opinion.... but i would not be able to have two puppies at the same time. when ive kept two dogs, ive always had one that is mature (around 5 yrs) and the other which is a puppy. the elder dog has always been alot of assistance in training the younger one.chinook is old enough now to get a puppy, but i do not have enough time on my hands to puppy train. i cant imagine working (even just part-time), running the house and the kids and training a puppy, let alone two of them. that would be a huge commitment of time and effort on my part. i would only get a puppy if i had alot of free time and really yearned to train a baby dog.i am kind of sad that i didnt have chinook when he was a puppy, but overall i am glad that i got him at 18 months of age and that he had already had alot of training.even so, it was still a big commitment of time and energy

(and still is).i got chinook at the local shelter.... he was fully screened and tested for behaviour and health (i saw the reports on all of the tests they did with him), micro-chipped, neutered, and came with some food and treats... all for $200. i dont know how the shelters there operate but the shelters here are the best places to get a dog. private breeders and rescue organizations do not normally do all of tests and vet visits that the shelter does.:*c.

Guest guest

I think you would be crazy to get two puppies unless you have A LOT of time to watch/train them. I don't have any experience with dogs, I'm a cat person! I have two kittens, one is 21 weeks the other one is 12 weeks old. The 5 month old, Max was a holy terror, we was the wildest kitten I've ever had! He is a biter not a scratcher like most kittens. My poor 85 year old Mom had bites all over her from him and even had to get a tetanus shot! He was only playing but her skin is so thin she bled. He also got up on the refrigerator when he was only 4 months old, little stinker! After I got Sonny, my now 3 month old, Max stopped biting us and started biting him! I got both of them from the same breeder with they were 7 weeks

old. I LOVE having two kittens in the house, They are so much fun but it's a good thing that my job allows me to be home more than other jobs. It would be too much for my Mom to handle both of them at the same time!My two cents, JenSubject: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questionsTo: "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos >, "Fit Firmies" <FitFirmies >Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 8:06

AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was 10 lb slimdown xtreme lower body - this is the toughest in the series. It is HARD (at least for me!) and I generally matched Chris's weights (sometimes I went higher, sometimes lower - but about average to Chris!). This one really gets my HR up, too.

I skipped Blissology today b/c I couldn't handle any sun salutations! So I did Kries' Yin Yoga segment from her Hot Body/Cool Mind DVD. That was perfect!Ok - crazy question - if I got 2 puppies at the same time, would I be insane? It turns out that I may be able to get a baby Golden and a baby Collie. Anyone ever get 2 puppies at the same time (they are 3 weeks apart in age)? I eventually wanted to have 2 dogs - but I had imagined getting one now and one later. Would training them together be super hard or would it be just hard up front and easier than taking the time to train another puppy next year? Sort of like twins vs. kids that are born a year apart? Take care!Donna

Guest guest

oh they sound so cute!

I have 4 cats, two 12-year old sisters, a 6 year old that I found as a tiny kitten under some bushes, and a 5 year old (who weighs about 24 pounds!) who is a huge baby and momma's boy who was dumped at age 4 weeks at my vet along with his siblings. I picked him out that day and he came home when he was 8 weeks old. My vet has his brother (who is about 21 pounds).

Kittens are whacked out (but I love it) they are crazy but they grow out of most of the craziness....

I think you would be crazy to get two puppies unless you have A LOT of time to watch/train them. I don't have any experience with dogs, I'm a cat person! I have two kittens, one is 21 weeks the other one is 12 weeks old. The 5 month old, Max was a holy terror, we was the wildest kitten I've ever had! He is a biter not a scratcher like most kittens. My poor 85 year old Mom had bites all over her from him and even had to get a tetanus shot! He was only playing but her skin is so thin she bled. He also got up on the refrigerator when he was only 4 months old, little stinker! After I got Sonny, my now 3 month old, Max stopped biting us and started biting him! I got both of them from the same breeder with they were 7 weeks old. I LOVE having two kittens in the house, They are so much fun but it's a good thing that my job allows me to be home more than other jobs. It would be too much for my Mom to handle both of them at the same time!My two cents, Jen

Subject: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questionsTo: "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos >, "Fit Firmies" <FitFirmies >Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 8:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

A 24 lb cat WOW! Is he part Ragdoll or other large breed? What does he look like? What are your cats names?

I want to get a third cat but I don't know if I will be able to. We're only suppose to have 2 pets but Siamese aren't huge or troublesome so I think 3 would be fine. A woman who lives in a single bedroom unit had 5 cats at one time. The Village was going to evict her but she fought it and won! The city allows up to 5 pets apparently. I wouldn't want 5 but I would LOVE to have three and I live in a three bedroom unit!

Jen

Subject: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questionsTo: "exercisevideos" <exercisevideos >, "Fit Firmies" <FitFirmies >Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 8:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Yikes the pictures really distorted! I'll see if I can fix.

yes 24 pounds! His name is Max and he is 5 years old and a BIG baby, LOL he always wants to know where his momma (i.e. me) is. His feline mom was hit by a car when he was 4 weeks old and he and his 2 siblings were dumped at my vet in a cardboard box. I picked him out that very day (our 16 year old yellow cat, Zachary, had died 2 days earlier and DH wanted another yellow one, which is *always* okay with me). He lived at the vet for 4 weeks before coming home.

Then there is phine, named after my late MIL because we found her in the bushes next door to my MIL's house (about 4 months after she passed away) - that house was vacant - no furniture - for sale....someone must've dumped her. I heard a tiny meow...anyway I think my MIL led me to her. She is 6.

Belle and Ariel are about 12. We got them from the Humane Society when they were 2.

I have lots of pictures on my facebook page...my younger sister challenged me to go a week without posting a picture of one of my cats. LOLOL

Here is Max: My vet kept his brother, who is almost as big!

A 24 lb cat WOW! Is he part Ragdoll or other large breed? What does he look like? What are your cats names?

I want to get a third cat but I don't know if I will be able to. We're only suppose to have 2 pets but Siamese aren't huge or troublesome so I think 3 would be fine. A woman who lives in a single bedroom unit had 5 cats at one time. The Village was going to evict her but she fought it and won! The city allows up to 5 pets apparently. I wouldn't want 5 but I would LOVE to have three and I live in a three bedroom unit!

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

not as badly distorted but they are still distorted.

yes 24 pounds! His name is Max and he is 5 years old and a BIG baby, LOL he always wants to know where his momma (i.e. me) is. His feline mom was hit by a car when he was 4 weeks old and he and his 2 siblings were dumped at my vet in a cardboard box. I picked him out that very day (our 16 year old yellow cat, Zachary, had died 2 days earlier and DH wanted another yellow one, which is *always* okay with me). He lived at the vet for 4 weeks before coming home.

Then there is phine, named after my late MIL because we found her in the bushes next door to my MIL's house (about 4 months after she passed away) - that house was vacant - no furniture - for sale....someone must've dumped her. I heard a tiny meow...anyway I think my MIL led me to her. She is 6.

Belle and Ariel are about 12. We got them from the Humane Society when they were 2.

I have lots of pictures on my facebook page...my younger sister challenged me to go a week without posting a picture of one of my cats. LOLOL

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Aw, CUTE FUR BABY!! More to love!

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Barb I'm in love with Max!  He's a Creamsicle, like my boys (below)

Yikes the pictures really distorted!  I'll see if I can fix.

yes 24 pounds!  His name is Max and he is 5 years old and a BIG baby, LOL he always wants to know where his momma (i.e. me) is. His feline mom was hit by a car when he was 4 weeks old and he and his 2 siblings were dumped at my vet in a cardboard box. I picked him out that very day (our 16 year old yellow cat, Zachary, had died 2 days earlier and DH wanted another yellow one, which is *always* okay with me).  He lived at the vet for 4 weeks before coming home.

Then there is phine, named after my late MIL because we found her in the bushes next door to my MIL's house (about 4 months after she passed away) - that house was vacant - no furniture - for sale....someone must've dumped her.  I heard a tiny meow...anyway I think my MIL led me to her. She is 6.

Here is Max:  My vet kept his brother, who is almost as big!

A 24 lb cat WOW!  Is he part Ragdoll or other large breed?  What does he look like?  What are your cats names?

I want to get a third cat but I don't know if I will be able to.  We're only suppose to have 2 pets but Siamese aren't huge or troublesome so I think 3 would be fine. A woman who lives in a single bedroom unit had 5 cats at one time.  The Village was going to evict her but she fought it and won!  The city allows up to 5 pets apparently.  I wouldn't want 5 but I would LOVE to have three and I live in a three bedroom unit!

Jen

Subject: Wed - Lower body, yin yoga and dog questionsTo: " exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >, " Fit Firmies " <FitFirmies >Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 8:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was 10 lb slimdown xtreme lower body  - this is the toughest in the series.  It is HARD (at least for me!) and I generally matched Chris's weights (sometimes I went higher, sometimes lower - but about average to Chris!).  This one really gets my HR up, too. 

I skipped Blissology today b/c I couldn't handle any sun salutations!  So I did Kries' Yin Yoga segment from her Hot Body/Cool Mind DVD.  That was perfect!Ok - crazy question - if I got 2 puppies at the same time, would I be insane?  It turns out that I may be able to get a baby Golden and a baby Collie.  Anyone ever get 2 puppies at the same time (they are 3 weeks apart in age)?  I eventually wanted to have 2 dogs - but I had imagined getting one now and one later.  Would training them together be super hard or would it be just hard up front and easier than taking the time to train another puppy next year?  Sort of like twins vs. kids that are born a year apart? Take care!Donna

Guest guest

AWWW, your boys are cuties! So cuddly!

Barb I'm in love with Max! He's a Creamsicle, like my boys (below)<creamsicles.jpg>

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Max is GORGEOUS!

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Aww!!! I love the Creamsicle to describe them.

Your boys are gorgeous. My Max is short haired...as is phine (she is a gray tiger) and Belle and Ariel are long haired "muted" torties.

Barb I'm in love with Max! He's a Creamsicle, like my boys (below)

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

thanks! I love kitties (and dogs too).

AWWW, your boys are cuties! So cuddly!

Barb I'm in love with Max! He's a Creamsicle, like my boys (below)

<creamsicles.jpg>

Jen

Hi Everyone,

Guest guest

Thanks !

Max is GORGEOUS!

Jen

Hi Everyone,