RemedySpot.com

Re: X Factor Week Workout + YC4SR Practice for the SI Joint

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

>I didn't think this workout was going to be as hard as

> it was!

i didnt find ixfactor 1 to be too hard, and i didnt get sore from

it, but i do think that im more used to doing body weight stuff.

also im finding the body weight exercises to be easier now that

ive lost weight (started at 148 lbs in august 2011, now weigh

126.5, so 21.5 pounds less of weight to throw around can really

makes a difference)

my lower back was also saying HI due to all of the work for that

area... but not in a bad way. i went in the hot tub and any

soreness there went right away.

i know that girl is horrible at punching. i dread seeing her do

kicks (if there are any in these workouts). i thought the two

male backgrounders were ok but i guess i didnt watch them closely

enough... i think i was watching the girl most and saying

'whoa'....lol.

im glad that you fit in this workout pinky!! :: high five ::

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Excellent, ! Oddly, my low back handled it all fine - my upper back is where I'm noticing it most (and my glutes!) The frog jumps were probably the hardest thing for me - maybe b/c they are at the end? I was surprised that I was able to do the push-ups for 45 seconds on my toes (I think I retained a lot of strength from that push-up challenge I did several years ago) - I go slower than they do but I manage to get somewhere between 10-15 push-ups in...

Donna

Subject: X Factor Week Workout + YC4SR Practice for the SI JointTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Monday, April 16, 2012, 11:48 PM

My friend Maylorie came over for both X Factor Week 1 workout and yoga. Donna and Carolyn have already reviewed this in detail and I will add that I didn't think this workout was going to be as hard as it was! I am used to running, kickboxing, and lifting heavy - my brain and body are now wired for that. My body isn't used to this more calisthenic circuit type workout, however, and I enjoyed it! The exercises I thought would be the hardest were the T lunges and the frog leaps, but in fact those weren't so bad. I'm feeling the low back stuff just because you did it so long without a break (think pilates "swimming" for 45 seconds), and the pushups for 45 seconds without stopping were harder than I thought they'd be. I worked up a nice sweat and look forward to getting better at this! I will definitely need to do this one 4-5 times before moving on to week 2. And yes, what's with the terrible

form on the shadow boxing section??? The instructor was the only one who had it right, the other 3 need the Tae Bo instructional tape!!Our lower backs both felt tight so we did Yoga Compete for Stress Relief, Practice for the SI Joint. As usual, it was WONDERFUL! Off to take a bath!

Guest guest

wow, Carolyn, congrats on that weight loss - I bet you feel fabulous!!!Donna>I didn't think this workout was going to be as hard as> it was!i didnt find ixfactor 1 to be too hard, and i didnt get sore from it, but i do think that im more used to doing body weight stuff. also im finding the body weight exercises to be easier now that ive lost weight (started at 148 lbs in august 2011, now weigh 126.5, so 21.5 pounds less of weight to throw around can really makes a difference)my lower back was also saying HI due to all of the work for that area... but not in a bad way. i went in the hot tub and any soreness there went right away.i know that girl is horrible at punching. i dread seeing her do kicks (if there are any in these workouts). i thought the two male backgrounders were ok but i guess i didnt watch them closely enough... i think i was watching the girl most and saying 'whoa'....lol.im

glad that you fit in this workout pinky!! :: high five :::*carolyn.

Guest guest

> wow, Carolyn, congrats on that weight loss - I bet you feel

> fabulous!!!

thanks donna, yes i feel much better. im kind of paranoid of

gaining it all back though....lol. i just need to keep on

track with the food and all should be fine.

i wanted to hurt my boss yesterday, she bought us a 'treat'...

coffee and cinnamon buns... ugh! she means well, but i felt

pressure to eat the cinnamon buns, so i did. then i was mad at

myself and i really hate that feeling. feeling regret and anger

at myself is one thing that im trying to avoid by eating right.

people say that im small so i can afford to eat treats... duh!!

why do they think i had to lose 20 pounds?!? too many treats!!!

and if i may vent a bit more....

people also ask me what special diet i eat, or what special

workout i do. some people ask me if i have been ill and that is

why ive lost weight. they get disappointed when i tell them

that, for me, it is simply a matter of calories in vs calories

out and eating at a deficit. they seem to think this wont work

for them, but they wont try it to see. i also have to remind

people that it took me 8 months to lose 20 pounds.

anyway, i missed my cardio workout yesterday because i was at

work but i got steps there so i let it go. last evening i felt

funny, like i was getting attacked by a virus or allergen. i

feel stuffy this morning... not sure what is going on there, but

im going to hit the emergen-c hard and that might help.

i have to do housework this morning, then xfactor this

afternoon and hopefully a walk. then i go to bed for a few

hours because i have to work night shift for inventory. oh joy.

tomorrow will be a mess since i cant go to bed after work because

i will have to get back up to get the kids off to school. so

hmmmm, i think that i will workout when i get home after work

around 430am. that should seem weird.

Guest guest

Yes - I think we need you, Cola Pop, on the home page!   I haven't been in the 120's since my early 20's and I would be very happy even at 150!  The lowest I got was 165 and that was when I was infatuated with someone I was dating (a movie director, but he wound up being an " a " )  At my best I seem to hover around 170, it seems.

I'm around 200 lbs at the moment so I may hang out at week 1 for 4-5 times before moving on  :)  I forgot to mention the other move that was challenging was the table top - not strength wise, but I'm very tight in that area and it was a SUPER chest opener! 

It may take me through August to finish :)  as I do have running, kickboxing and heavy lifting also going on.  Thank you for posting the moves for week 2!

> wow, Carolyn, congrats on that weight loss - I bet you feel

> fabulous!!!

thanks donna, yes i feel much better. im kind of paranoid of

gaining it all back though....lol. i just need to keep on

track with the food and all should be fine.

i wanted to hurt my boss yesterday, she bought us a 'treat'...

coffee and cinnamon buns... ugh! she means well, but i felt

pressure to eat the cinnamon buns, so i did. then i was mad at

myself and i really hate that feeling. feeling regret and anger

at myself is one thing that im trying to avoid by eating right.

people say that im small so i can afford to eat treats... duh!!

why do they think i had to lose 20 pounds?!? too many treats!!!

and if i may vent a bit more....

people also ask me what special diet i eat, or what special

workout i do. some people ask me if i have been ill and that is

why ive lost weight. they get disappointed when i tell them

that, for me, it is simply a matter of calories in vs calories

out and eating at a deficit. they seem to think this wont work

for them, but they wont try it to see. i also have to remind

people that it took me 8 months to lose 20 pounds.

anyway, i missed my cardio workout yesterday because i was at

work but i got steps there so i let it go. last evening i felt

funny, like i was getting attacked by a virus or allergen. i

feel stuffy this morning... not sure what is going on there, but

im going to hit the emergen-c hard and that might help.

i have to do housework this morning, then xfactor this

afternoon and hopefully a walk. then i go to bed for a few

hours because i have to work night shift for inventory. oh joy.

tomorrow will be a mess since i cant go to bed after work because

i will have to get back up to get the kids off to school. so

hmmmm, i think that i will workout when i get home after work

around 430am. that should seem weird.

Guest guest

Hey Carolyn!I will see you at 4:30 am, that is when my alarm is set! I usually don't start working out until after 5 though. We're early birds in this house! This week DH is working a weird shift where he is getting up at 2:00 a.m. - but he is home by 11:00 a.m. It is only for 2 weeks, fortunately.

I so hear you on what you are saying about weight loss - people always tell me I can 'afford" treats, too, b/c I'm small - but really, a big part of why I am small is b/c I don't eat a lot of treats! Another part, I think is that i'm blessed w/ a speedy metabolism and my body weight seems to be 'set" at a certain level -not a bad thing. But, I also am generally mindful of what I do eat and I do watch portion sizes.

I really do think that for most people it is calories in vs/ calories out - and not some special formula or diet. My DH lost weight once he started reading labels and realizing how small portions really are! LOL!

Talk to you later - hope you are feeling better. Allergies are tough this year - my eyes seem to be scratchy all the time and my DD complains about her eyes and her head.

Talk to you later -

Donna> wow, Carolyn, congrats on that weight loss - I bet you feel> fabulous!!!thanks donna, yes i feel much better. im kind of paranoid of gaining it all back though....lol. i just need to keep on track with the food and all should be fine.i wanted to hurt my boss yesterday, she bought us a 'treat'... coffee and cinnamon buns... ugh! she means well, but i felt pressure to eat the cinnamon buns, so i did. then i was mad at myself and i really hate that feeling. feeling regret and anger at myself is one thing that im trying to avoid by eating right.people say that im small so i can afford to eat treats... duh!! why do they think i had to lose 20 pounds?!? too many treats!!!and if i may vent a bit more....people also ask me what special diet i eat, or what special workout i do. some people ask me if i have been ill and that is why ive

lost weight. they get disappointed when i tell them that, for me, it is simply a matter of calories in vs calories out and eating at a deficit. they seem to think this wont work for them, but they wont try it to see. i also have to remind people that it took me 8 months to lose 20 pounds.anyway, i missed my cardio workout yesterday because i was at work but i got steps there so i let it go. last evening i felt funny, like i was getting attacked by a virus or allergen. i feel stuffy this morning... not sure what is going on there, but im going to hit the emergen-c hard and that might help.i have to do housework this morning, then xfactor this afternoon and hopefully a walk. then i go to bed for a few hours because i have to work night shift for inventory. oh joy.tomorrow will be a mess since i cant go to bed after work because i will have to get back up to get the kids off to school. so

hmmmm, i think that i will workout when i get home after work around 430am. that should seem weird.:*carolyn.