RemedySpot.com

Re: Worked out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just wanted to report in that I did do something and feel so much better for it. Thanks so much everyone for the encouragment (and accountability)!

That's great . I'm glad you were able to get some extra sleep too. That's what I need.

Great job today!

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

Yay! Sounds like a great day, . I have a lot of "projects" that I have been procrastinating on as well - 20 min at a time is a great way to get them done!Donna

Subject: Worked outTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:19 PM

Yes, I did! I did PowerFit Harmony Program 02 Sculpt – Strong Push and it actually felt like I was working out a few times, especially using the band with a lot of tension on it (my heart rate increased with those moves). The cardio in it is super low intensity but the band work is pretty decent. She also does push-ups and side planks. I did the push-ups on my knees (with her) and the side planks with both legs straight (my own modification it didn't hurt last time I did it so I tried again). There are a few side steps and lunges so it isn't foot-friendly on a bad day but is fine otherwise (or I suppose I could march in place for the side steps and do knees up for the lunges maybe but I never think of modifications like that on the fly so I have to categorize it as not foot-friendly on a bad day).

It felt great to do a workout! I slept in an extra 2 hours today, with DH making sure the kids were getting on the bus for the most part (I got up long enough to wake my oldest, hug him and tell him I was going back to bed then got up as the little one was eating breakfast). The extra sleep felt great too. I have a lot more energy than I've had the last few days and positive energy too. I went and finally got my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece on the left side has been digging into my face for weeks and it was really starting to hurt so I finally made the time to do that and I feel so much better. Then I decided this would be, instead of scrapbooking (I've done quite a bit lately with a day with friends last Saturday and bits of time working on editing photos online this week and am fine with not doing it today), an anti-procrastination day so I'm working in 20 minut segments (in honor of my workout) to take on

projects that I've been putting off and that are bothering me. Most involve cleaning, decluttering and organizing and it is feeling good to see progress on them, even if they're not all completely done.

Just wanted to report in that I did do something and feel so much better for it. Thanks so much everyone for the encouragment (and accountability)!

Guest guest

Thanks, , I wish you could get some extra sleep too!

Re: Worked out

That's great . I'm glad you were able to get some extra sleep too. That's what I need.

Great job today!

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

Thanks Donna! I've cleaned some areas that were reallllly bugging me (that feels amazingly good), listed some Magic Tree House books on ebay (I have tons of stuff to list and have had it for months, finally starting on that), worked out, got my glasses adjusted and am feeling great. Big kid will be home in 45 minutes, little kid shortly after, gotta start figuring out dinner next!

Worked outTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:19 PM

Yes, I did! I did PowerFit Harmony Program 02 Sculpt – Strong Push and it actually felt like I was working out a few times, especially using the band with a lot of tension on it (my heart rate increased with those moves). The cardio in it is super low intensity but the band work is pretty decent. She also does push-ups and side planks. I did the push-ups on my knees (with her) and the side planks with both legs straight (my own modification it didn't hurt last time I did it so I tried again). There are a few side steps and lunges so it isn't foot-friendly on a bad day but is fine otherwise (or I suppose I could march in place for the side steps and do knees up for the lunges maybe but I never think of modifications like that on the fly so I have to categorize it as not foot-friendly on a bad day).

It felt great to do a workout! I slept in an extra 2 hours today, with DH making sure the kids were getting on the bus for the most part (I got up long enough to wake my oldest, hug him and tell him I was going back to bed then got up as the little one was eating breakfast). The extra sleep felt great too. I have a lot more energy than I've had the last few days and positive energy too. I went and finally got my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece on the left side has been digging into my face for weeks and it was really starting to hurt so I finally made the time to do that and I feel so much better. Then I decided this would be, instead of scrapbooking (I've done quite a bit lately with a day with friends last Saturday and bits of time working on editing photos online this week and am fine with not doing it today), an anti-procrastination day so I'm working in 20 minut segments (in honor of my workout) to take on projects that I've been putting off and that are bothering me. Most involve cleaning, decluttering and organizing and it is feeling good to see progress on them, even if they're not all completely done.

Guest guest

Sounds great - one of our "projects" has been going through DD's bookshelves to hopefully trade in on Amazon for a gift card. I'm also going to do that w/ some workout DVDs that don't generate any interest on the trade boards!!! I know the Amazon trade in deal isn't great, but at least you do get something back that you can use toward something you may actually want and use! :)

I may see if DD has any DS games she wants to get rid of, too.

Another thing I want to do is continue to weed out my closet and perhaps bring some items to a tailor. I have pants and jeans that I would wear, but they are ill fitting in part b/c in order for me to buy pants that fit my legs and butt comfortably they end up being very loose in the waist. Even though I'm small I'm a definate pear shape w/ larger butt/thighs compared to waist. So, I was thinking of bringing some items in to a tailor so that the waist can be taken in so they will fit more comfortably overall and won't look like they are about to fall off me!Ok - I gotta run!Awesome job today!Donna

Subject: Worked outTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:19 PM

It felt great to do a workout! I slept in an extra 2 hours today, with DH making sure the kids were getting on the bus for the most part (I got up long enough to wake my oldest, hug him and tell him I was going back to bed then got up as the little one was eating breakfast). The extra sleep felt great too. I have a lot more energy than I've had the last few days and positive energy too. I went and finally got my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece on the left side has been digging into my face for weeks and it was really starting to hurt so I finally made the time to do that and I feel so much better. Then I decided this would be, instead of scrapbooking (I've done quite a bit lately with a day with friends last Saturday and bits of time working on editing photos online this week and am fine with not doing it today), an anti-procrastination day so I'm working in 20 minut segments (in honor of my workout) to take on

projects that I've been putting off and that are bothering me. Most involve cleaning, decluttering and organizing and it is feeling good to see progress on them, even if they're not all completely done.

Guest guest

WooHOO! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you got a little extra sleep to.Hey, are you able to step up on a tall box? It seems to me that would be a good sub for lunges. Single leg squats might work too. just a thought.

Yes, I did! I did PowerFit Harmony Program 02 Sculpt – Strong Push and it actually felt like I was working out a few times, especially using the band with a lot of tension on it (my heart rate increased with those moves). The cardio in it is super low intensity but the band work is pretty decent. She also does push-ups and side planks. I did the push-ups on my knees (with her) and the side planks with both legs straight (my own modification it didn't hurt last time I did it so I tried again). There are a few side steps and lunges so it isn't foot-friendly on a bad day but is fine otherwise (or I suppose I could march in place for the side steps and do knees up for the lunges maybe but I never think of modifications like that on the fly so I have to categorize it as not foot-friendly on a bad day).

It felt great to do a workout! I slept in an extra 2 hours today, with DH making sure the kids were getting on the bus for the most part (I got up long enough to wake my oldest, hug him and tell him I was going back to bed then got up as the little one was eating breakfast). The extra sleep felt great too. I have a lot more energy than I've had the last few days and positive energy too. I went and finally got my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece on the left side has been digging into my face for weeks and it was really starting to hurt so I finally made the time to do that and I feel so much better. Then I decided this would be, instead of scrapbooking (I've done quite a bit lately with a day with friends last Saturday and bits of time working on editing photos online this week and am fine with not doing it today), an anti-procrastination day so I'm working in 20 minut segments (in honor of my workout) to take on projects that I've been putting off and that are bothering me. Most involve cleaning, decluttering and organizing and it is feeling good to see progress on them, even if they're not all completely done.

Guest guest

> me to buy pants that fit my legs and butt comfortably they end up

> being very loose in the waist.

i have had that problem with jeans too donna. so i wear

mid-rise jeans and they fit me much better than those that button

around my actual waist (which is quite high). i laughed when i

dug into my closet and got out some jeans that i used to wear

years ago when i was this size. they were all high-waisted and

tight around the ankles. i think that some of them were from

the '80s !

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

I thought about the Amazon trade-in stuff but I really want cash right now! ;-) I have a teacher friend who saw my listing and wants me to sell them to her! I've got tons of other kid books to put up too, haven't done it yet though, maybe I'll see if she wants the entire huge group. I was going to donate it all to the library but always forget to bring them so at this point, I'm selling them. I'm going to put up my workout DVDs & VHS tapes too. I have a pair of pants that needs altering too. I bought it when I'd just gotten down to my current weight (5 1/2 years ago) and they fit well then but thanks to working out my body shape has changed and now they're loose in the waist and hips! I've been wanting to get them altered for forever but keep forgetting to do it until I put them on again!

I managed to put up 3 auctions (including some Tupperware modular mates and Pampered Chef Chillzanne Bowls that were sitting in my basement for the last few years), clean a lot of stuff that really bugged me and also played some too. My son went to grab the tea kettle and said "Wow, is this new?!" and I proudly said, "No, I just cleaned the grease off it from stuff cooking next to it on the stove." He was sure it was new because it was so shiny! :-) I was changing the foil under the burners and noticed the kettle looked really grungy so I scrubbed the heck out of it and it does look nice. Ahhh. I felt great all day, just getting stuff like that done.

Off to bed now. Gotta work in the morning and then I'm not sure what will be with the rest of tomorrow and that is just fine.

Worked outTo: exercisevideos Date: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:19 PM

It felt great to do a workout! I slept in an extra 2 hours today, with DH making sure the kids were getting on the bus for the most part (I got up long enough to wake my oldest, hug him and tell him I was going back to bed then got up as the little one was eating breakfast). The extra sleep felt great too. I have a lot more energy than I've had the last few days and positive energy too. I went and finally got my glasses adjusted. The nosepiece on the left side has been digging into my face for weeks and it was really starting to hurt so I finally made the time to do that and I feel so much better. Then I decided this would be, instead of scrapbooking (I've done quite a bit lately with a day with friends last Saturday and bits of time working on editing photos online this week and am fine with not doing it today), an anti-procrastination day so I'm working in 20 minut segments (in honor of my workout) to take on projects that I've been putting off and that are bothering me. Most involve cleaning, decluttering and organizing and it is feeling good to see progress on them, even if they're not all completely done.