RemedySpot.com

Wed - Yoga!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,I attempted to do a TM walk today -but, when I went to turn on the TM it wouldn't come on. I messed around a bit and learned it is probably the outlet that is faulty.. since nothing else I plugged in works either. So....not wanting to waste more time trying to figure it all out (I will leave that to DH to work on at his leisure ) I decided to just do a longer yoga practice. I have really been wanting to get back into yoga and do some longer practices every once in awhile. I'm kind of interested in getting Blissology (I think Ultimate Yogi may be too much for me at this point) but I think before I do that I need to build back up into doing more flow practices. My issue isn't really so much a lack of strength as a lack of

flexiblity and need to be mindful of my positioning/posture and need for props to help when necessary. Anyway, I went w/ an oldie but a goodie - Total Yoga Earth. http://totalyoga.com/Earth is the first in the series of three (Earth, Water & Fire)- and it is the most gentle and most modified. Back in the day I used to do "Fire" - I'm not sure I could do that one ever again w/out modifications - but it is something to work towards! I was really tight today in my hamstrings, glutes and hips, so I really needed the modifications. The practice really does contain everything - first, breathing, then sun salutations, standing poses, backbends, twists, inversions (very modified, legs up on a wall type stuff) and a final and long relaxation. My plan is to try to do this (or a similar) long-ish yoga practice 2x per week. The Tracie Long Rotation (I think that

is what I"m doing next!) includes "rest" days - so on those days I will plan to do yoga and will likely also take my complete day off on Saturday (unless otherwise inspired!) - so the rotation won't be followed to the letter, but close enough. I do like to have one day where I don't schedule exercise in each week - mostly so I can sleep in and then just take my time throughout the morning before the day gets busy. I also will continue to do regular short yoga practices (10-30 min) after the Tracie Long workouts.Ok - hope everyone is doing well!Take care!Donna