RemedySpot.com

Walk & another update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Saw the podiatrist this morning and he joked that we moved the pain down (to the heels from the toes) but said he'd take care of that too. He adjusted my orthotics and had his assistant do an ultrasound treatment on my heels. This is the first time since December we didn't directly treat the toes at all... hopefully all remains well there. He also renewed my prescription for Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) for another month. So far, my feet feel a lot better today than they have the last couple of days. DH and I went out for a walk this evening for 25 minutes. We went at a pretty slow pace since I torqued my back somehow today, no clue what I did but it is definitely just a muscle thing that will be fine fairly quickly. The walk helped though. DH has been having back problems for quite a while and the chiropractor thinks it is because he sits too much at work so he felt better walking too (and is planning on getting up a lot more often from now on, the chiro just told him at his appointment this evening). Anyway, the walk, on gravel roads including up a big hill, didn't seem to bother my feet at all so that was good too. I'm planning to do something tomorrow morning, not sure what yet, depends on how my feet and back feel but whatever it is, it will be low impact. I want to give the feet a couple of days at least for the inflammation to calm down more before I try pushing it again. Feeling hopeful though...

Guest guest

Thanks ! I hate the idea of babying anything and truly sick of this but it is still all improved so hopefully the end is near.

Re: Walk & another update

Oh , hugs on the foot pain :/ I've been there before but from plantar fasciitis, broken toes and metatarsagia, and it really sucks when you are a fitness person. I baby my feet til this day and do low impact options now - also to save my knees.Getting older can be the pits sometimes! Hang in there!

Saw the podiatrist this morning and he joked that we moved the pain down (to the heels from the toes) but said he'd take care of that too. He adjusted my orthotics and had his assistant do an ultrasound treatment on my heels. This is the first time since December we didn't directly treat the toes at all... hopefully all remains well there. He also renewed my prescription for Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) for another month. So far, my feet feel a lot better today than they have the last couple of days. DH and I went out for a walk this evening for 25 minutes. We went at a pretty slow pace since I torqued my back somehow today, no clue what I did but it is definitely just a muscle thing that will be fine fairly quickly. The walk helped though. DH has been having back problems for quite a while and the chiropractor thinks it is because he sits too much at work so he felt better walking too (and is planning on getting up a lot more often from now on, the chiro just told him at his appointment this evening). Anyway, the walk, on gravel roads including up a big hill, didn't seem to bother my feet at all so that was good too. I'm planning to do something tomorrow morning, not sure what yet, depends on how my feet and back feel but whatever it is, it will be low impact. I want to give the feet a couple of days at least for the inflammation to calm down more before I try pushing it again. Feeling hopeful though...