RemedySpot.com

e

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, The pain I am currently having is so severe in my neck and back that I can NEVER find a comfortable position. And it gets much worse when sitting or standing for long periods of time. It also hurts to lie flat on my back. When I had my low back MRI done, they put a pillow under my knees, and I thought I was going to come unglued! It felt better without the pillow, but it still is uncomfortable. Of course they found the severely herniated disk causing nerve root and spinal cord compression. But all you need is even a mildly herniated disk to cause pain and discomfort. I don't know if the calcitonin and fosamax can be directly attributed to your pain, but it certainly is possible. Both drugs are known to cause pain, esp musculoskeletal. I had a pt once who was taking fosamax and her pain was unbearable. She had been on it for about 2 wks and she was miserable. She finally went off it, because she couldn't tolerate the pain. But again, is the pain directly related to the meds or rather, indirectly. It could be your body's way of adjusting to the medication, and that can take up to 3-4 wks. Also, fosamax has a few drug-drug interactions. Did you ever take fosamax with Zantac? Calcitonin can cause hypercalcemia, which in turn can cause severe musculoskeletal pain (symptoms of hypercalcemia are: nausea, vomiting, severe bone pain, anorexia, thirst, lethargy, pathologic fractures). And because calcitonin is a para-thyroid hormone, too much can cause the body to do the opposite thing, and other drugs or increased dosages won't help. Have you had any blood work done recently? I might see if your doc would do a serum calcium level. I will work on getting my before and after pics and when I get them, I will let you know so that I can mail them to you. Take care, e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:33 PM Subject: Re: e Yes that would be great I can scan them and post them and then I can also send a copy to you via email and then send them back. Email me and I will send you my address. e I am also wondering if you have ever experienced back pain that makes it hard to lay, sit or anything without pain, I am in agony today and it seems that it all started with the nasal spray and the couple of doses of fosomax, I don't know if this could be, as I said I did not take allot of the fosomax, however I am in so much pain I am not sure what is going on and I am so upset. Let me know if you have any ideas, I really am suffering here. love, ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 5:27 PM Subject: Re: e , Last time I saw Dr. Huang, I asked her to get me copies of the pics, both before and after. She told me she would, but then I never followed up on it. I will email her and hopefully get them soon, maybe next wk after my surgery, I can drive down to her office and pick them up. I have no idea how to put them into the computer, as I don't have a scanner. But I would be more than happy to snail mail them to you and then you can put them in. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Heer Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:30 PM Subject: e e when are you going to send me your pictures to add to the site I would love to see Dr Huangs work ! Love ----- Original Message ----- From: e Rene Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:59 PM Subject: Re: Questions for Docs Have any of you considered Dr. Huang in Denver? That is who did my explant, and she actually went to school with Dr. Feng and/or they did their residency together. She is also board certified in microsurgery, and specializes in microscars. She is so compassionate and caring, and when no one would help me out with my pain issues back in December, she did. She answers email, although it may take a couple of days. She knows me well, and if you called her or wrote to her and told her I referred you, she would probably get back to you sooner. I referred another woman to her who was explanted in Sept and she is very pleased with her results and really liked Dr. Huang. Also, Dr. Huang worked hard to get her insurance to pay for it. Also, Dr. Huang is much cheaper than any other ps (at least from what I've seen women post). Her fee for the explant is $2500 and that includes your preop visit and all of your postop appts and the facility fee. Anesthesia was an add'l $800. So, my total bill was $3300, and insurance paid for every bit of it except for a $100 copay. Now I had my surgery done at an outpatient surgical center, and did not have the fees of a hospital, so that could be why it is much cheaper. However, when she and I discussed which facility to use (she has admitting privileges at 3), the hospitals were only about $1000 more, so it still would have been under $5000 total. The women that come in from out of town/state are usually operated on in the hospital setting, for whatever reason. It could be insurance related/driven, as well. I had no choice but to use the outpatient surgical center. My insurance was through one hospital system, and the 2 hospitals she uses are different systems. My insurance simply refused to allow me to go into a competing hospital. Fine with me---it all worked out well. She does a fabulous job and my scars are practically invisible. You can only really see them when you get up close. Also, I did not have a mastopexy done, so that is another reason my charge was less. She really didn't feel that I'd need a mastopexy; however I made her promise me that if she got the implants out and my breasts looked real bad, she would do a mastopexy. But my breasts look good and aren't any more saggy then before I had my implants. She did a fantastic job. I do know of 2 women who had the explant and mastopexy, and their total cost was $5000. She also had to detach my left nipple because once the implant was out, the nipples were uneven. She detached it and repositioned it so that it was pretty equal to the right, and I have complete sensation not just in my left nipple and breast, but both of them. If anyone wants her email or her phone #, let me know. She is well worth it!! She also is one of the pioneers in doing the en bloc technique. In addition, she was voted one of the top 10 doctors in the Denver metro area by other doctors. e ----- Original Message ----- From: Angelika Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:58 AM Subject: Re: Questions for Docs Oh no Pearl. Don't you dare give up on me. I will drive over the CBBT if I have to. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I don't want you to give up!! We all have each other. We really do. Try Dr Feng's office again, I gave up to from trying to reach her but I think maybe can try to reach her for you since she a close relationship with dr. feng. Dr. Feng does care, I know because I hear now of so many stories of where she has held women why they just cried in her arms. She didn't return my calls either and that is why I went to my surgeon. I felt they were very compassionate but give Feng another try because I have learned now many good things about feng. ----- Original Message ----- From: perlesetlacet@... Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 4:44 PM Subject: Re: Questions for Docs Hi ,I appreciate the information about Dr. Feng. Unfortunately, Dr. Feng's office does not return my phone call or e-mail regarding her use of general anesthesia for mastopexy. I can't have any more general anesthesia than already has been given to me. I became very sick from it and developed telogen effluvium. My only conclusion I can draw from this is that they don't care about MY situation and MY needs as an individual. There are surgeon out there who do mastopexy with local anesthesia with sedation. I'm just scarred because what if I choose another dud?It's nice that Feng makes nice incisions, but what about my hair? I've had a large degree of loss with no recovery thus far. Maybe being dead is a better alternative then I won't have to look at these explantation scars and my diffuse hair loss. I'm really depressed today.Pearl

That is so weird that you mention the nausea and all those symptoms, I have them all right now, that is why I have been going back and forth if I could even remotely be pregnant, my husband had a vasectomy so I doubt it, but I was pregnant last year and felt like this. Anyhow I am staying home tomorrow from work I cannot go to work like this, I appreciate your info and knowledge, the pain has progressed e since the calcitonin. I was on it for 2 months and that is when my back started hurting. It never hurt before, the feet and hands yes, but not my back, boy I would take my foot pain over this ANY DAY!

Thanks e, also do you know anything about living in this cold weather country, can the low temps cause pain even if your in a heated house?????? I am curious if barometric pressures can contribute to this as I have never lived in this kind of cold before, it was minus 14 degrees here today, and then I am also coming off pain meds so again, and klonopin, again this is all allot to handle right now.

Thanks

I appreciate your info thanks honey.

Love,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:54 PM

Subject: Re: e

The pain I am currently having is so severe in my neck and back that I can NEVER find a comfortable position. And it gets much worse when sitting or standing for long periods of time. It also hurts to lie flat on my back. When I had my low back MRI done, they put a pillow under my knees, and I thought I was going to come unglued! It felt better without the pillow, but it still is uncomfortable. Of course they found the severely herniated disk causing nerve root and spinal cord compression. But all you need is even a mildly herniated disk to cause pain and discomfort.

I don't know if the calcitonin and fosamax can be directly attributed to your pain, but it certainly is possible. Both drugs are known to cause pain, esp musculoskeletal. I had a pt once who was taking fosamax and her pain was unbearable. She had been on it for about 2 wks and she was miserable. She finally went off it, because she couldn't tolerate the pain. But again, is the pain directly related to the meds or rather, indirectly. It could be your body's way of adjusting to the medication, and that can take up to 3-4 wks. Also, fosamax has a few drug-drug interactions. Did you ever take fosamax with Zantac? Calcitonin can cause hypercalcemia, which in turn can cause severe musculoskeletal pain (symptoms of hypercalcemia are: nausea, vomiting, severe bone pain, anorexia, thirst, lethargy, pathologic fractures). And because calcitonin is a para-thyroid hormone, too much can cause the body to do the opposite thing, and other drugs or increased dosages won't help. Have you had any blood work done recently? I might see if your doc would do a serum calcium level.

I will work on getting my before and after pics and when I get them, I will let you know so that I can mail them to you.

Take care,

e

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:33 PM

Yes that would be great I can scan them and post them and then I can also send a copy to you via email and then send them back. Email me and I will send you my address.

e I am also wondering if you have ever experienced back pain that makes it hard to lay, sit or anything without pain, I am in agony today and it seems that it all started with the nasal spray and the couple of doses of fosomax, I don't know if this could be, as I said I did not take allot of the fosomax, however I am in so much pain I am not sure what is going on and I am so upset.

Let me know if you have any ideas, I really am suffering here.

love,

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 5:27 PM

Last time I saw Dr. Huang, I asked her to get me copies of the pics, both before and after. She told me she would, but then I never followed up on it. I will email her and hopefully get them soon, maybe next wk after my surgery, I can drive down to her office and pick them up. I have no idea how to put them into the computer, as I don't have a scanner. But I would be more than happy to snail mail them to you and then you can put them in.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:30 PM

Subject: e

e when are you going to send me your pictures to add to the site I would love to see Dr Huangs work !

Love

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:59 PM

Subject: Re: Questions for Docs

Have any of you considered Dr. Huang in Denver? That is who did my explant, and she actually went to school with Dr. Feng and/or they did their residency together. She is also board certified in microsurgery, and specializes in microscars. She is so compassionate and caring, and when no one would help me out with my pain issues back in December, she did. She answers email, although it may take a couple of days. She knows me well, and if you called her or wrote to her and told her I referred you, she would probably get back to you sooner. I referred another woman to her who was explanted in Sept and she is very pleased with her results and really liked Dr. Huang. Also, Dr. Huang worked hard to get her insurance to pay for it. Also, Dr. Huang is much cheaper than any other ps (at least from what I've seen women post). Her fee for the explant is $2500 and that includes your preop visit and all of your postop appts and the facility fee. Anesthesia was an add'l $800. So, my total bill was $3300, and insurance paid for every bit of it except for a $100 copay. Now I had my surgery done at an outpatient surgical center, and did not have the fees of a hospital, so that could be why it is much cheaper. However, when she and I discussed which facility to use (she has admitting privileges at 3), the hospitals were only about $1000 more, so it still would have been under $5000 total. The women that come in from out of town/state are usually operated on in the hospital setting, for whatever reason. It could be insurance related/driven, as well. I had no choice but to use the outpatient surgical center. My insurance was through one hospital system, and the 2 hospitals she uses are different systems. My insurance simply refused to allow me to go into a competing hospital. Fine with me---it all worked out well.

She does a fabulous job and my scars are practically invisible. You can only really see them when you get up close. Also, I did not have a mastopexy done, so that is another reason my charge was less. She really didn't feel that I'd need a mastopexy; however I made her promise me that if she got the implants out and my breasts looked real bad, she would do a mastopexy. But my breasts look good and aren't any more saggy then before I had my implants. She did a fantastic job. I do know of 2 women who had the explant and mastopexy, and their total cost was $5000. She also had to detach my left nipple because once the implant was out, the nipples were uneven. She detached it and repositioned it so that it was pretty equal to the right, and I have complete sensation not just in my left nipple and breast, but both of them.

If anyone wants her email or her phone #, let me know. She is well worth it!! She also is one of the pioneers in doing the en bloc technique. In addition, she was voted one of the top 10 doctors in the Denver metro area by other doctors.

e

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 7:58 AM

Oh no Pearl.

Don't you dare give up on me. I will drive over the CBBT if I have to. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I don't want you to give up!! We all have each other. We really do. Try Dr Feng's office again, I gave up to from trying to reach her but I think maybe can try to reach her for you since she a close relationship with dr. feng. Dr. Feng does care, I know because I hear now of so many stories of where she has held women why they just cried in her arms. She didn't return my calls either and that is why I went to my surgeon. I felt they were very compassionate but give Feng another try because I have learned now many good things about feng.

Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 4:44 PM

Hi ,I appreciate the information about Dr. Feng. Unfortunately, Dr. Feng's office does not return my phone call or e-mail regarding her use of general anesthesia for mastopexy. I can't have any more general anesthesia than already has been given to me. I became very sick from it and developed telogen effluvium. My only conclusion I can draw from this is that they don't care about MY situation and MY needs as an individual. There are surgeon out there who do mastopexy with local anesthesia with sedation. I'm just scarred because what if I choose another dud?It's nice that Feng makes nice incisions, but what about my hair? I've had a large degree of loss with no recovery thus far. Maybe being dead is a better alternative then I won't have to look at these explantation scars and my diffuse hair loss. I'm really depressed today.Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to hear from you and that you would let us know how you are doing. I prayed for you to feel better and that things would work out for you, I hope that you are in less pain today. Did you find a place to stay yet? Is there anyone that can let you stay with them for a bit?

Let us know ok honey we all care.

Love,

Typically, the preliminary report from Pierre is vague and not full of

information. It is usually just enough to arouse your interest. But my

report was very similar to Angelika's in the sense that both of my implants

were defective and were incorrectly manufactured, and that they contained

several types of bacteria. It wasn't until I called him pressing him for

more info that he told me more. I never did get the full report because at

the time I never had the money. My entire, comprehensive report is 27 pages

long. One of these days, I will pay the money and get the full report.

If you call me , my room # has changed, and so has my phone # into the

room. I believe the number is (303)563-4590. If that is not correct, then

the main # to the hotel is (303)232-7790, and I'm in room 318. Angelika

called me last night, so she might still have the correct #. I'm writing

this email from the lobby, so I'm not in my room to check the #.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.

e

>From: " Heer " <idagirl@...>

>Reply-

>< >

>Subject: e

>Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:55:30 -0700

>

>I am curious what did Pierre tell you in your report on your implants? My

>preliminary was very vague. I am surprised that he told Angelika so much

>more than me I wish I new why.

>

>Also how much did he charge you?

>

>I was wondering if you got your results from your bone marrow biopsy yet as

>well, and how that went and also how your feeling, I feel bad that I never

>called, my schedule has been brutal lately, I would like to talk to you, I

>will try to call tomorrow if I can find the number in my zillion emails.

>

>Take care and have a good night.

>

>Love,

>

Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

http://www.hotmail.com

I would like to know why he didn't mention anythng about the fluid in my

implants, that pisses me off, esp since it was yellow, and he says that I

have defective implants, or the right was anyhow, so I will call tomorrow to

find out why he didn't analyze or even mention the fluid, if for some reason

it was clear and not full of bacteria that will at least clear that problem

from my list and I can focus on the fact that it must have been my reaction

to the implants, however if the implant was defective then it had to have

had a leak right? Cannot wait to talk to Pierre about this situation. man

that ticks me off.

Love,

< >

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 8:20 PM

> ,

>

> Typically, the preliminary report from Pierre is vague and not full of

> information. It is usually just enough to arouse your interest. But my

> report was very similar to Angelika's in the sense that both of my

implants

> were defective and were incorrectly manufactured, and that they contained

> several types of bacteria. It wasn't until I called him pressing him for

> more info that he told me more. I never did get the full report because

at

> the time I never had the money. My entire, comprehensive report is 27

pages

> long. One of these days, I will pay the money and get the full report.

>

> If you call me , my room # has changed, and so has my phone # into

the

> room. I believe the number is (303)563-4590. If that is not correct,

then

> the main # to the hotel is (303)232-7790, and I'm in room 318. Angelika

> called me last night, so she might still have the correct #. I'm writing

> this email from the lobby, so I'm not in my room to check the #.

>

> Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.

>

> e

>

>

> >From: " Heer " <idagirl@...>

> >Reply-

> >< >

> >Subject: e

> >Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:55:30 -0700

> >

> >I am curious what did Pierre tell you in your report on your implants? My

> >preliminary was very vague. I am surprised that he told Angelika so much

> >more than me I wish I new why.

> >

> >Also how much did he charge you?

> >

> >I was wondering if you got your results from your bone marrow biopsy yet

as

> >well, and how that went and also how your feeling, I feel bad that I

never

> >called, my schedule has been brutal lately, I would like to talk to you,

I

> >will try to call tomorrow if I can find the number in my zillion emails.

> >

> >Take care and have a good night.

> >

> >Love,

> >

>

>

>

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.

> http://www.hotmail.com

>

>

>

>