RemedySpot.com

Re: Unplanned workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

Don't feel bad, that is the toughest of the 10 lb slimdown workouts - it is NO JOKE! :)

It sounds from your other post that you feet handled it reasonably well. I agree w/ what you said about a FIRM rotation. Now I'm itching to do one as well. I should see if I can find one that appeals to me.

I'm looking forward to school being out b/c summer camp gives me an extra 45 min in the morning - so for summer, I'm planning LONGER workouts. I'm not sure if I will do the FIRM or some others that I have neglected. Thoughts running through my head are:A Gin rotation - I love her personality and sense of humor.

A Tracie Long Rotation - I now have all the Longevity and Focus workouts so I should put them to use!A Gilad Rotation -

A Kathy Rotation

Lots of ideas... :)

Donna

Subject: Unplanned workoutTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 7:24 PM

I didn't get to bed till late last night then worked early this morning so I didn't plan on working out today but after doing homework with DD, I was insane so I went downstairs and spontaneously worked out for stress relief. I was still wearing jeans and wasn't wearing my HRM, thought about grabbing it but didn't. I decided I'd go with 10 Pound Slimdown Lower Body Workout like I had planned for whenever I got around to working out again. I forgot this workout is ALL lunges. Lunges for the strength portions and plyo lunges for the cardio circuits. I knew it would kill me endurance-wise and had no idea what it would do to my feet. I did not modify except to put down the 3 lb. weights I started with shortly after starting, but I also did not do the entire workout. I got through the first 2 circuits, barely, then the 3rd one began and it was just too much. I was barely keeping up and miserable and thinking I

shouldn't be trying to do this many lunges, including plyo, this quickly. I know I could have slowed down and not tried to keep up with her tempo, like she tells you to do if you want, but I hate doing workouts like that so I didn't but if I try it again soon I will allow myself to do that. Then I didn't stretch, I was so frustrated and annoyed (with myself, with the overabundance of lunges) I just wanted out of there (that was despite reading 's post about not warming up). Then I went to sit on the ground to fold laundry and got up and my legs pretty much seized up on me so then I decided to go stretch on my own after that (and was much better for having done so). I do like this workout, the commentary is all on me. I went too hard too soon, there, I admit it. I will know later tonight probably how my feet felt about it but they seemed okay while I was doing it, I was just getting too tired and nervous about doing too

much on the toes too.

Guest guest

I have all the Longevity and Focus workouts too and want to do them!  WHEN  is the big question!!

Hi ,

Don't feel bad, that is the toughest of the 10 lb slimdown workouts - it is NO JOKE! :)

It sounds from your other post that you feet handled it reasonably well.  I agree w/ what you said about a FIRM rotation.  Now I'm itching to do one as well.  I should see if I can find one that appeals to me.

I'm looking forward to school being out b/c summer camp gives me an extra 45 min in the morning - so for summer, I'm planning LONGER workouts.  I'm not sure if I will do the FIRM or some others that I have neglected. Thoughts running through my head are:

A Gin rotation - I love her personality and sense of humor.

A Tracie Long Rotation - I now have all the Longevity and Focus workouts so I should put them to use!A Gilad Rotation -

A Kathy Rotation

Lots of ideas... :)

Donna

Subject: Unplanned workout

To: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 7:24 PM

I didn't get to bed till late last night then worked early this morning so I didn't plan on working out today but after doing homework with DD, I was insane so I went downstairs and spontaneously worked out for stress relief. I was still wearing jeans and wasn't wearing my HRM, thought about grabbing it but didn't. I decided I'd go with 10 Pound Slimdown Lower Body Workout like I had planned for whenever I got around to working out again. I forgot this workout is ALL lunges. Lunges for the strength portions and plyo lunges for the cardio circuits. I knew it would kill me endurance-wise and had no idea what it would do to my feet. I did not modify except to put down the 3 lb. weights I started with shortly after starting, but I also did not do the entire workout. I got through the first 2 circuits, barely, then the 3rd one began and it was just too much. I was barely keeping up and miserable and thinking I

shouldn't be trying to do this many lunges, including plyo, this quickly. I know I could have slowed down and not tried to keep up with her tempo, like she tells you to do if you want, but I hate doing workouts like that so I didn't but if I try it again soon I will allow myself to do that. Then I didn't stretch, I was so frustrated and annoyed (with myself, with the overabundance of lunges) I just wanted out of there (that was despite reading 's post about not warming up). Then I went to sit on the ground to fold laundry and got up and my legs pretty much seized up on me so then I decided to go stretch on my own after that (and was much better for having done so). I do like this workout, the commentary is all on me. I went too hard too soon, there, I admit it. I will know later tonight probably how my feet felt about it but they seemed okay while I was doing it, I was just getting too tired and nervous about doing too

much on the toes too.

Guest guest

Hi Donna,

I know it is hard, it just seemed extra super duper hard! Thanks though!!

I just posted about the FIRM workout I did today. I'm going to try and plan a preliminary rotation for at least the rest of this month. I might follow (more or less) of one of their beginner/intermediate ones where they have you working out 3 days a week or so instead of 5 or 6, and if I want to do more, I'll do yoga, core or low impact cardio on the other days so as not to over stress my feet so quickly.

My workouts usually get shorter during the summer it seems because I feel badly taking too much time away from my kids when I'm actually home with them. I do lunchtime meetings every day except Friday so that cuts right into the middle of whatever we'd be trying to do and I hate it but it works great during the school year so if a meeting continues into the summer I just go with it.

I only have a couple of Gin workouts but she is great and I'm not sure if I could do a Kathy rotation or not. Like , she does tend to get on my nerves sometimes (but not as much). Sounds like you've got some great choices there, maybe a combination of them might work too? Have fun planning!

Unplanned workoutTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 7:24 PM

I didn't get to bed till late last night then worked early this morning so I didn't plan on working out today but after doing homework with DD, I was insane so I went downstairs and spontaneously worked out for stress relief. I was still wearing jeans and wasn't wearing my HRM, thought about grabbing it but didn't. I decided I'd go with 10 Pound Slimdown Lower Body Workout like I had planned for whenever I got around to working out again. I forgot this workout is ALL lunges. Lunges for the strength portions and plyo lunges for the cardio circuits. I knew it would kill me endurance-wise and had no idea what it would do to my feet. I did not modify except to put down the 3 lb. weights I started with shortly after starting, but I also did not do the entire workout. I got through the first 2 circuits, barely, then the 3rd one began and it was just too much. I was barely keeping up and miserable and thinking I shouldn't be trying to do this many lunges, including plyo, this quickly. I know I could have slowed down and not tried to keep up with her tempo, like she tells you to do if you want, but I hate doing workouts like that so I didn't but if I try it again soon I will allow myself to do that. Then I didn't stretch, I was so frustrated and annoyed (with myself, with the overabundance of lunges) I just wanted out of there (that was despite reading 's post about not warming up). Then I went to sit on the ground to fold laundry and got up and my legs pretty much seized up on me so then I decided to go stretch on my own after that (and was much better for having done so). I do like this workout, the commentary is all on me. I went too hard too soon, there, I admit it. I will know later tonight probably how my feet felt about it but they seemed okay while I was doing it, I was just getting too tired and nervous about doing too much on the toes too.