RemedySpot.com

Saturday and Sunday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,Saturday:I felt like I really needed to clear my head yesterday. I headed out intending to do a flat 10 miles, but it turned into a very hilly 16 because it felt good. I tried escaping onto one of my favorite trails, but the terrain was a little too uneven and the bad glute said NO. I had trouble stepping up on anything higher than your average stair step, so doubled back and stayed on pavement. Regular stairs were OK. I hit some neighborhoods I hadn't seen before, and ran across a new hill I had to climb. Check out these gorgeous stairs on Moraga St in SF. The view from the top of the hill was breathtaking. I zig zagged all the way across the city. 200 floors. 

The ocean looked beautiful too. It was very high tide, I'm guessing because the moon was at perigee. The sand at Ocean Beach is made of granite washed down from the Sierras. Have you seen Sierra granite? It has white, tan, and black speckles. Sometimes the surf sifts the sand such that the fine particles of black magnetite become a sparkling layer resting on top of the heavier quartz and feldspar. My cell phone photo doesn't do it justice. The beach was glittering black instead of the usual matte tan. So beautiful. 

Sunday:Just a simple bike commute today. Gorgeous spring weather. Work was hard today. Came home and went for a walk up the hill with hubby - just a couple of miles. We sat at the entrance to a hillside creek trail. There was nobody there, and it was late afternoon. We just watched the bugs and birds for a while.

3 of 3 Photo(s)

IMG_0681.jpg