RemedySpot.com

Sunday & Monday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I can't remember if I checked in w/ my Easter Sunday workout or not - but, here's what I did on Sunday & Monday (Today!):

Sunday: One mile from 's newest (the Blue Mile) to warm up and then Charlene Prickett's More Serious Curves which is a bit like a fitness lecture/physical therapy session. Charlene is very knowledgable about exercise and all things fitness related and she teaches constantly while working out. This is not a fast paced workout at all, but it is very thorough in working chronically weak areas. It starts with work for the transverse ab muscle, moves on to leg/glute work (Charlene and use a wobble boad, the guy - ? - just used weights - but go heavy b/c you only do two sets of five super slow reps). Other exercises involve hamstrings/glutes on the stability ball. Some seated upper body work for

arms/shoulders. Push-ups, planks. Calf work and also upper and lower body stability work. All in all a change of pace that is also instructional and informative.Charlene also stretches each muscle group after or soon after working it. She also shows ways to make the exercises harder/easier so you can change up the workout and "grow" with it. (or take it down a notch if not feeling 100% that day!)

Monday: Petra's Bootcamp Boogie - I received it in a trade a little while ago and finally fit it in thanks to encouragement from a fitness friend (Carolyn!!)! I enjoyed it - there are 9 combos, each starts w/ a more athletic move, moves into a slightly dancier version (not complicated, really, much more like mixed impact aerobics) and ends with a 45 second drill - (not killer hard, and I followed the highest modifications - Petra and her two backgrounders show 3 different levels) - and a recovery

move. Overall, I really liked this format and the workout time went by quickly! Petra, as usual, is warm and encouraging, and the workouts is pretty easy to follow. The DVD has 3 pre-mixed "express" workouts that are supposedly 15 min in length and include 3 combos. The only problem I can see with the "express" options is that two of the combos are one-sided and Petra does eventually repeate the combo on the other side, but not after doing another combo or two. If one were to do the pre-mixes, and assuming premix 1 was combo 1-3, premix 2 was combo 4-6, and preimx 3 was combo 6-9, there is a possibility you may

end up uneven for your workout - unless she re-mixed the order of the combos (hope that makes sense) to address the one-sided issue in the premixes. The workout ends w/ a yoga cool down-stretch. Very fun!

Hope everyone has a good day!Donna