RemedySpot.com

Thursday - No Equipment Needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

For today's workout I did Charlene Prickett's No Equipment Needed which is a 30 min low impact cardio routine followed by a 30 min body weight strength training routine. The exercises in this one were fun and challenging - wall squats (variations w/ one foot on the wall, then one leg leaning against the walll, etc.), various planks, push-ups, core stabilization, and hamstring/glute work (they used paper plates as sliders, but I used my stability ball - the only piece of equipment I used!) This was a pretty challenging workout, especially all the planks! I actually think Charlene's workouts may fit nicely into my X-Factor rotation plan by doing some of her cardio workouts on the off days and sneaking in some of her core-focused strength workouts here and there (they are definately a combo of exercise and rehab for weakened areas). Believe it or not, in just one week, my planks have improved already - I was able to do the one-armed variations today -

not held as long as Charlene, but at least I got my arm off the ground!The low impact is the usual Charlene fare - a lot of repeaters, knee lifts, etc. Music is, as always, kind of bland. And, this one was filmed on the completely white set.Hope everyone has a good day!Donna

Guest guest

Great job improving on the planks, Donna! That is fantastic!!

Thursday - No Equipment Needed

Hi Everyone,

For today's workout I did Charlene Prickett's No Equipment Needed which is a 30 min low impact cardio routine followed by a 30 min body weight strength training routine. The exercises in this one were fun and challenging - wall squats (variations w/ one foot on the wall, then one leg leaning against the walll, etc.), various planks, push-ups, core stabilization, and hamstring/glute work (they used paper plates as sliders, but I used my stability ball - the only piece of equipment I used!) This was a pretty challenging workout, especially all the planks! I actually think Charlene's workouts may fit nicely into my X-Factor rotation plan by doing some of her cardio workouts on the off days and sneaking in some of her core-focused strength workouts here and there (they are definately a combo of exercise and rehab for weakened areas). Believe it or not, in just one week, my planks have improved already - I was able to do the one-armed variations today - not held as long as Charlene, but at least I got my arm off the ground!The low impact is the usual Charlene fare - a lot of repeaters, knee lifts, etc. Music is, as always, kind of bland. And, this one was filmed on the completely white set.Hope everyone has a good day!Donna