RemedySpot.com

Thursday 52.5 bike miles on a workday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,The pulled muscle has calmed down substantially. I'm going to start lifting tomorrow. Yesterday was amazing, though. Some of my coworkers were going to meet before work for Bike to Work Day. They were meeting in Alameda and in Jack London Square in Oakland. I pass both of these places when I do the full 25 mile bike commute. I had to leave disgustingly early to meet them, but it was such a gorgeous morning that I didn't mind once I got out the door at 5:15 a.m.

It was dark when I left, but the sun rose when I was out on the Bay Trail. Stunningly gorgeous sunrise. I met up with the gals and they accompanied me on the last 10 miles. I put in a full work day, and I was going to do the bike/BART thing, but I changed my mind. I felt really good. I rode all the way home. I saw the sun set over the Bay.

This is the first time I've done the full round trip on my bike on a work day.I am resting today, LOL!