RemedySpot.com

Thurs - Staying Power

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,Will be brief today - as usual, a lot of work to catch up on.... should get better after next week though - I had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep (not sure why - maybe too much sugar, I did have some "real" soda during the day??) but, of course, I fell asleep shortly before it was time for me to get up. So, I was a bit low on energy this morning, but I did make it through Tracie Long's Staying Power from the Longevity Series. In this one she alternates cardio (most of the cardio sections use the medicine ball - only one of them does not _ really like med ball workouts, but need to find a ball that is small in diameter, I have small hands and it is hard for me to deal with the larger ones) and strength training. In general, it is for light to medium weights b/c you do a lot of

compound/combined moves w/ some "unusual" combos and patterns. I can probably go heavier in the future than what I used today - but today I went pretty light b/c I wasn't familiar with the workout and also feeling less than energetic. The last part of the workout is on the floor - planks and push-up variations (including the dreaded ticep push-ups), table work for legs (some really challenging combos here - mostly due to the angle of the lift - gosh, my hips need more mobility!!), then some ab work and a brief stretch. I didn't do any stretching on my own and that isn't good, but I was running out of time. Tomorrow, even though I'm planning a walk with my friend outdoors in the heat, I'm going to do Tracie's Power Up (from Focus - so only 30 min) and some yoga (probably Namaste, thanks Carol!!!). One small benefit to not having any indoor pets right now is that my house is amazingly clean. But, that is probably not the way it is going to

stay for very long! But it is nice not having to vaccuum, mop or dust......Ok - better run - I'm sorry for not doing personals right now!Donna