RemedySpot.com

X-Factor # 3, Day # 3, Shiva Rea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Today was the last day of X-Factor's Week # 3 workout. I had to really talk myself into doing this one - it is hard!! I finally did get myself going and once I got started, I did actually enjoy it and the time went by fast. I had to modify a few things - plyo split lunges - first set I just did reverse lunges like the modifier, second set, I did as many as I could, then switched to reverse lunges, back to plyo, etc. For the first set of push-up to side plank, I did 3 push-ups on my toes instead of six, for the second set, I did 6 on my knees. I was feeling upper body fatigue today! For the side plank pulses - on the second set, I left out the pulses. But, I made it through! I think Week # 4 looks easier based on the breakdowns I found on VF,

My yoga today was from Shiva's More Daily Energy - I did the first Lunar practice again. I have mixed feelings about this one - maybe I'm just more used to Rodney's, Suzanne's and Barbara Benagh's style which is much more precise in the instruction of alignment and form. Shiva is more about freely flowing - I can see some benefits to her style b/c it does actually loosen me up quite nicely - sort of the way Classical Stretch does w/ the constant movement and almost T'ai Chi-ish feel- but sometimes I find it frustrating? I don't know, "frustrating" isn't exactly right...... Actually, her style remind me a bit of a lower key versin of Kundalini. I started off not enjoying it, but by the end I felt looser and more relaxed, so maybe it is worth keeping it as something different to do. I do like the way the DVD is set up - w/ the ability to mix and match 7 20 min segments....

Ok - better run!Donna