RemedySpot.com

Tuesday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What does the MTF stand for?  Is this a Cathe workout?  I love kickboxing too... it's such a great way to express any angst or sadness, or just to feel plain powerful!Great burn, as usual, !

Good morning!!

Today was 's 30MTF Kick Boxing (both workouts). I decided to add on Muscle Max abs.

I wore my 1 lb gloves for the cardio and the abs. I had a lot of fun with the kickboxing, what a fun workout. I love how she does a combo and then moves on the next. I put a lot into it. I'm able to do that since this workout isn't super hard.

The whole thing was 70 minutes. I burned 466 calories, avg 135, max 164, steps 6,333.

Have a great day!~~

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

> fascinated by the schedules people keep who work from home!

omg i could cook and clean all day and all night and it would

never all be done. i said to heck with it a long time ago.

today i have a day off from the deli so i did some gardening,

took a nap, did a workout, had a hot tubbie, am yapping on EV,

and i will go out for a walk later. i will try to squeeze in

some quick laundry and dishes but that is about it! the floors

and windows and dusting and decluttering arent going anywhere and

there is always tomorrow.

:*c.

Guest guest

What do you do during the day, ? Just curious! I have no doubt in my mind that you keep yourself busy

Well, you name it and I do it. I have a kid, a husband, birds and dogs and I have OCD with having a clean house. I think that pretty much covers it lol.

I'm on my feet all day and that's just here at home, isn't that nuts? I don't even have my TV on until evening and that's when I really enjoy sitting down with something hot and watching my DVR. My oldest daughter says I do WAY too much for the family. I think I do sometimes because they seem to be so needy, but that's all I know. I've been with since I was 15 and had when I was 16. I've been a stay at home mom all these years. When got grown appeared and then along came a grandson.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

Aha!  Can you, FOR JUST ONE DAY, not work out or do housework?  It can all go one day, it really can.  Let some dishes pile up in the sink, for one day you can have some animal hair on the rug, there won't be too too much.  You can attack it tomorrow.  

For your day off, take time for you, let go and sleep?  The puppies can snuggle with you, listen to something boring on tv like golf to help put you to sleep?  Maybe you are a natural late morning / afternoon sleeper?  

I worry about you not sleeping enough, !!  I really do!  I admire how strong you are both outside AND inside.  Having a child at 16 and still being married to the same person all this time, WOW.  You seem so organized I'm sure you could run a small corporation no problem!  But even surgeons need to sleep...  

(I am OCD regarding " scent of the day " and they are organized by season.  I have 8-10 scents out in each bathroom so around 20 to choose from that are out there but if my mood demands an off season scent I will hunt it down.  it MUST match my mood)

Hugs

What do you do during the day, ?  Just curious!  I have no doubt in my mind that you keep yourself busy

Well, you name it and I do it. I have a kid, a husband, birds and dogs and I have OCD with having a clean house.  I think that pretty much covers it lol.  

I'm on my feet all day and that's just here at home, isn't that nuts?  I don't even have my TV on until evening and that's when I really enjoy sitting down with something hot and watching my DVR.    My oldest daughter says I do WAY too much for the family.  I think I do sometimes because they seem to be so needy, but that's all I know.  I've been with since I was 15 and had when I was 16.  I've been a stay at home mom all these years.  When got grown appeared and then along came a grandson.    

Guest guest

Can you, FOR JUST ONE DAY, not work out or do housework? It can all go one day, it really can. Let some dishes pile up in the sink, for one day you can have some animal hair on the rug, there won't be too too much. You can attack it tomorrow.

You are the kindest person, I swear you are, . I seriously wasn't saying OCD as a figure of speech...unfortunately I've been diagnosed with it. :( I'm not a freak though like you see some of them on TV, but I am very organized and like everything a certain way every single day. I'd probably have a panic attack if I let any dishes pile up or see dog hair, I really would. I know they say that's what people NEED to do, but for me, I don't have anyone telling what you have told me. I think they just take it all for granted. I know did say one time that his moms house wasn't clean lol. I told him if he's comparing our house to ANYONE'S they aren't clean lol.

I so appreciate what you said...I wish my family told me that sometimes. Ah well, it is what it is.

Guest guest

Oh hugs... I'm sorry that you have OCD for real as opposed to just a strong quirk.  It's stressful sometimes when you do all this work and people take it for granted.  Of course those who live with you love you but until you've done the housework themselves all day long yourself they can't really know.  I'm sure when your kids spent the night at others' houses they could see how much you really do.  

Working at a job is easier in many ways.  For one thing, you get money for it!   Oh well, better to be OCD about a clean house than say, be a hoarder.  That would be much,much, worse!

Anyway, hope you get some shut eye soon!  Hugs

Can you, FOR JUST ONE DAY, not work out or do housework?  It can all go one day, it really can.  Let some dishes pile up in the sink, for one day you can have some animal hair on the rug, there won't be too too much.  You can attack it tomorrow.  

You are the kindest person, I swear you are, .  I seriously wasn't saying OCD as a figure of speech...unfortunately I've been diagnosed with it. :(   I'm not a freak though like you see some of them on TV, but I am very organized and like everything a certain way every single day.  I'd probably have a panic attack if I let any dishes pile up or see dog hair, I really would.  I know they say that's what people NEED to do, but for me, I don't have anyone telling what you have told me.  I think they just take it all for granted.  I know did say one time that his moms house wasn't clean lol.   I told him if he's comparing our house to ANYONE'S they aren't clean lol.

I so appreciate what you said...I wish my family told me that sometimes.  Ah well, it is what it is.  

Guest guest

Wow! , I totally believe you - whenever I'm home I feel I have so much to do I can't relax - so often I actually leave the house to relax - go to the library or a coffee shop or out for a walk or to the park- seriously - if I'm at home and not working for my job I think of all the things I need to do for my house/family - and it is never ending. I have the feeling for women this is fairly common - my DH can come home from work and just relax, watch TV, or do whatever he wants - he isn't lazy - he does work around the house - yard work, he'll even grocery shop and cook (he's a really good cook) but if he doesn't want to or doesn't feel like doing something he allows himself to relax. I think women are bad at that - I will NOT allow myself to relax until I feel I have been productive (which is why I have taken to leaving the house to

relax!) I think in this regard we should allow ourselves to be like men sometimes!

Take care - I hope you sleep tonight. Is your sleeplessness related to having OCD?Donna

Subject: Re: Tuesday WorkoutTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 6:23 PM

What do you do during the day, ? Just curious! I have no doubt in my mind that you keep yourself busy

Well, you name it and I do it. I have a kid, a husband, birds and dogs and I have OCD with having a clean house. I think that pretty much covers it lol.

I'm on my feet all day and that's just here at home, isn't that nuts? I don't even have my TV on until evening and that's when I really enjoy sitting down with something hot and watching my DVR. My oldest daughter says I do WAY too much for the family. I think I do sometimes because they seem to be so needy, but that's all I know. I've been with since I was 15 and had when I was 16. I've been a stay at home mom all these years. When got grown appeared and then along came a grandson.

Guest guest

Thanks Donna. Never thought of doing as men do. :) Of course if I did, this house would fall down. My DH is really good about going to work, working hard at work and even taking all the over time they offer, but he turns into a total lazy at home. He does NOTHING here. I have to hound him to mow the grass. I refuse to do that too.Yes, I do think my OCD plays a role in my insomnia. I'm also a very anxious person and a huge worry wart. All of that combined makes it all really bad.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Tuesday WorkoutDate: Tue, May 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Wow! , I totally believe you - whenever I'm home I feel I have so much to do I can't relax - so often I actually leave the house to relax - go to the library or a coffee shop or out for a walk or to the park- seriously - if I'm at home and not working for my job I think of all the things I need to do for my house/family - and it is never ending. I have the feeling for women this is fairly common - my DH can come home from work and just relax, watch TV, or do whatever he wants - he isn't lazy - he does work around the house - yard work, he'll even grocery shop and cook (he's a really good cook) but if he doesn't want to or doesn't feel like doing something he allows himself to relax. I think women are bad at that - I will NOT allow myself to relax until I feel I have been productive (which is why I have taken to leaving the house to

relax!) I think in this regard we should allow ourselves to be like men sometimes!

Take care - I hope you sleep tonight. Is your sleeplessness related to having OCD?Donna

Subject: Re: Tuesday WorkoutTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 6:23 PM

Guest guest

This sounds like a fun one!  And HARD!  It's the one downfall of new workouts, not knowing what weights to use the first time around.  Body Pump and my own tracked workouts are good that way because I know what I used last time. 

I hate tricep pushups.  I'm so fat right now not sure I could even do them on my knees.

Good morning!

Today I tried out Amy's new Drop Set Strength workout.  To do the entire workout would be WAY too long (90 mins)  so I went with the warm up, upper body and stretch.  That was over an hour.

All exercises are 8 reps heavy, 10 reps middle and 12 reps light. 

CHEST:

See Saw Presses (alternating)  20/15/10

Pushups (extended) 4 reps- out slow, walk back w/hands  (these hurt my back so I did regular on my toes)

Pushups (regular on toes) 10 reps-   toes

Pushups (regular + on knees) 12 reps-  toes

Flys 20/15/12

BACK:

Bent over rows  20/15/12

DB dead lifts (rowing back)  didn't do the deadlifts.  Did the same as above  20/15/12

Lat Contractions (on back in bridge position)  I didn't feel these at all!  I'll sub and do delt raises next time.

SHOULDERS

Arnold Press (seated)  15/12/10

Double " V " (front & back)   15/10/5

Eagles (side lateral raise)  10/8/5

(seated)  

BICEPS:

Bent over concentration curls  ( I did these seated in the regular position) 20/15/12

Standing hammer  15/10/8 

Seated curl (curl up, tilt down)  15/10/8

TRICEPS:

Wide kickbacks (both arms)  12/10/8

Seated overhead extension  (she uses 2 DB, I used 1)  25/20/15

Tricep pushups (on step, 3 risers)  (she does these like she does in her all pump workout)

I wasn't really feeling it with the chest and back work, so I definitely need to go heavier next time.  I couldn't believe that I was using heavier then Amy was.  

I like this workout, but I think I could change it up a bit to make it harder for me.  Each muscle group could also be used as an add on to another workout. 

Off to the park!

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I hate tricep pushups.

I don't like them either. I'd rather do lying tricep extensions. Those are my favorite.

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

My favorite is the rope pull !  I like supine tricep presses tool (you do them in Body Pump quite a bit)Tricep day is a fun one, there's a nice variety!

I hate tricep pushups.

I don't like them either.  I'd rather do lying tricep extensions.  Those are my favorite.  

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

My favorite is the rope pull !  I like supine tricep presses tool (you do them in Body Pump quite a bit)Tricep day is a fun one, there's a nice variety!

I hate tricep pushups.

I don't like them either.  I'd rather do lying tricep extensions.  Those are my favorite.  

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

Happy Anniversary, !!!!!

Subject: Tuesday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 9:56 AM

Good morning!

I did one today that I haven't pulled out in quite a while. in fact, I've only done it once. I did Amy's Kettlebell Squared. The cardio sections are a bit tricky, but I was able to do all of it this time.

I used 12 DB for all of this and I know this is considerably less then Amy's KB, but it worked for me, especially since I did PUB yesterday. She doesn't wear shoes, but I did this time. I do think I'll not wear them next time and see how it feels. With all the turns she does I could feel my left knee hurting just a tiny bit.

I have to say I really enjoyed this workout. I burned 414 calories, avg 131, max 164, steps 4,846

Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. We're going out to dinner later. I'll scratch my good diet for today.

Have a great day!

`* ´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.s

Guest guest

If I did all 9 at once it might? I walk 3 miles during my lunch hour and it takes around 50 minutes, but as the miles went by I might get slower?

,It wouldn't take you that long to walk 9 miles would it!?! I walk a mile in 15-20 min...just depending how brisk my pace is. And I am MOT in great shape at all right now. But that is what I love about walking...it's something you can do at about any fitness level. I try to walk as fast as I possibly can. i am not a runner though...I have never been in good enough shape to run. LOL. I am a low impact gal all the way. 

JeanetteSent from my iPod

Wow!  That's a LOT of walking!  It takes me around 2 hours to run 10 miles, walking 9 would probably take me around 3 hours.  I love walking, it's such a great way to connect with your community and be out in fresh air. 

Yesterday I walked 9 miles total - three 3 mile walks spread throughout the day. I am behind on reading posts but I hope everyone is having a great day!

Jeanette

Guest guest

> Yesterday I walked 9 miles total - three 3 mile walks spread

> throughout the day.

yay! good going jeanette! im glad that there is yet another

'walker' in the group :)

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Is this one of Cathe's?  Good job on the extra ab work!!

Good morning!

I woke up on my own this morning at 5:30 so I got up.  I ate breakfast and started my workout about 45 minutes later.  I did Absolute Kick Box (absolute KB premix)  this includes the abs. 

I wasn't sure how I'd do because my butt is so sore from Amy's workout.  I figured the kicking would maybe work some of the soreness out.

I wore my 1 lb gloves and it helps to make the workout harder.  This isn't a real intense workout, but with the gloves it really makes a big difference and besides, this workout is darn fun I don't care.

Even though I did abs last night I wanted to do them in this one because I wanted to modify the standing by using my stability ball again. WOW, did this ever work.  My abs were screaming by the time she took it to the floor.  That's when I got rid of the ball. Even then my abs were still burning from the ball.  She uses hand weights from here and I really felt it.  I think from now with ANY standing ab work I'm going to modify and use my ball.  I get SO much more out of it.

So, the workout was a little over an hour.  I burned 437 calories, avg 138, max 174, steps 4,859

Have a great day!

~

Guest guest

Awesome workout, !!!

Jeanette

Good morning!

I woke up on my own this morning at 5:30 so I got up.  I ate breakfast and started my workout about 45 minutes later.  I did Absolute Kick Box (absolute KB premix)  this includes the abs. 

I wasn't sure how I'd do because my butt is so sore from Amy's workout.  I figured the kicking would maybe work some of the soreness out.

I wore my 1 lb gloves and it helps to make the workout harder.  This isn't a real intense workout, but with the gloves it really makes a big difference and besides, this workout is darn fun I don't care.

Even though I did abs last night I wanted to do them in this one because I wanted to modify the standing by using my stability ball again. WOW, did this ever work.  My abs were screaming by the time she took it to the floor.  That's when I got rid of the ball. Even then my abs were still burning from the ball.  She uses hand weights from here and I really felt it.  I think from now with ANY standing ab work I'm going to modify and use my ball.  I get SO much more out of it.

So, the workout was a little over an hour.  I burned 437 calories, avg 138, max 174, steps 4,859

Have a great day!

~

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

I love back day.  Way to go, !  LATsceration time!!

Good morning! Today  I had down to do 's newest step boxing workout # 1 ( I love this DVD) then straight to back work.

PUB BACK:

pullovers 20/25/30/25/20double-arm rows 12/15/20/15/12

SLO-MO BACK:

Lying rows (stability ball) 3 sets 15One arm pullover (stability ball) 3 sets 12Seated rows using bar and band 3 sets (didn't feel these even with my strong blue band)Shrugs (BB) 3 sets (skipped, ran out of time)

I tacked on 10 lbs down and did the abs. I did just the floor abs because I don't feel any of the standing.

I burned 403 calories, avg 116, max 158, steps 3,103

Have a great day!

~

-- ___________________________________________________________________Please help support my website by doing your Amazon shopping through me with

this link:http://www.amazon.com/? & tag=pinkpussycasc-20 & camp=212361 & creative=392009 & linkCode=wsw &    

THANK YOU!  =^..^=

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Good morning!

Today was a fun mix. I did Cathe's MMA Boxing warm up and heavy bag bonus wearing my 1 lb gloves and then worked back.

PYRAMID UPPER BODY:Pull overs/Double arm rows ( up only) pullovers 20/25/30 rows 12/15/20

SLOW & HEAVY:Rows ( 2 sets) 1 set one arm rows 25Pullovers ( 2 sets) 30

GYM STYLE:Reverse Grip Rows ( 2 sets) 20One arm rows ( 2 sets) 25T-back squeeze w/bandBB pullovers ( 2 sets) 30

in an hour I burned 356 calories, avg 27, max 201 (no way) 3,411 steps

-:¦:-Have a great day

~