RemedySpot.com

Re: Weekend/Week

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hugs... :( I know that you are torn and this is putting you in an emotionally stressful situation.  Hoping the trainer can help... as much as I would love to see you keep her, you're so right about 's friends' safety too. 

I know that for cats they have a thing called Feliway (sp?) it's like a Glade plug-in that sends out calming pheromones or something.  I'm guessing they have it for dogs, too?  Hugs... keep us posted, Donna!  I hope you have a better week this week!

Hi Everyone,

My Dad was visiting from out of town this weekend, so I didn't workout.  I could have done something Sat morning, but wanted to sleep in .  Today, after he left, I probably could have done something also, but just wanted to chill out.  I go back to work tomorrow after a week off - I intended to take Thurs/Fri off as vacation time, but ended up taking Mon/Tues off b/c of DD's injury.

Luna did fairly well w/ my Dad - but there were some incidents that concern me.  Mostly, surrounding her unpredictable behavior - one minute allowing my Dad to pet her, next min, growling and barking.  The trainer is coming tomorrow for an evaluation/consultation.  I'm still very conflicted and " on the fence " about Luna and how well suited we are for each other.  I think if it were just DH and I, I would have more patience with this and try to work it out- but my concern is having young children over.  It is one thing to tell an adult to " ignore " your dog until she settles down and approaches you - but it is another thing entirely to throw kids - whose movements and actions are unpredictible into the mix.  I am hoping the trainer will be honest with us.  If it weren't for DH, I, honestly, would return her to the rescue organization b/c I don't trust her with people she doesn't know and I don't want to limit my DD

in terms of who can/can't come over to play.  My DH, however, seems to think that her behavior is no biggie.  What's up with that? *SIGH* 

On the workout front, I think I'm going to do Gilad's Express Workouts this week - bits and pieces of them - my DD had to switch up camps due to her injury and I have her in a nature camp this week, but it is a bit of a ways away from home, so I have to leave earlier to get her there.

Wish me luck w/ the trainer!!!Donna

Guest guest

If it weren't for DH, I, honestly, would return her to the rescue organization b/c I don't trust her with people she doesn't know and I don't want to limit my DD in terms of who can/can't come over to play

I really wish things would get better. I'm sure you all are starting to get attached to her as long as you've had her. How would your DH and DD feel if you took her back? I hope the trainer can help.

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸