RemedySpot.com

Thursday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Great workout, ! I love that she has you do the wrist curls for forearms!  Most workouts neglect that area!

Good morning!

Today was Slow & Heavy Tri's and Bi's.  I was looking forward to doing this one.  I loved it!  I had so much fun.  I even enjoyed the abs.  This is my favorite of all of the S & H.

TRICEPS:  DB

Seated French Press  (12 reps, 3 sets)  25

Lying Tricep Extensions  (12 reps, 3 sets)  10

Kickbacks  (slow 8 count, 3 sets)  5

Dips

BICEPS:

DB Curls  (12 reps, 3 sets)  15

Hammer Curls  ( 12 reps, 3 sets)  15

BB Curls  (slow 8 count, 3 sets)  25

BB Wrist Curls   20

Reverse Wrist Curls DB  5

ABS

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

That's true. I love working them and calves, which I think are neglected a good part of the time as well.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Apr 26, 2012 11:04 am

Great workout, ! I love that she has you do the wrist curls for forearms!  Most workouts neglect that area!

Good morning!

Today was Slow & Heavy Tri's and Bi's.  I was looking forward to doing this one.  I loved it!  I had so much fun.  I even enjoyed the abs.  This is my favorite of all of the S & H.

TRICEPS:  DB

Seated French Press  (12 reps, 3 sets)  25

Lying Tricep Extensions  (12 reps, 3 sets)  10

Kickbacks  (slow 8 count, 3 sets)  5

Dips

BICEPS:

DB Curls  (12 reps, 3 sets)  15

Hammer Curls  ( 12 reps, 3 sets)  15

BB Curls  (slow 8 count, 3 sets)  25

BB Wrist Curls   20

Reverse Wrist Curls DB  5

ABS

Have a great day!~~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

of the cute smiley closures~   I see some shoulder smolder here!  I've still never done MMA Kickbox and may finally do it tonite since you and like it so much!

Man, this week is going fast for me, for some reason.

So today was MMA Kick Box (warm up and cardio only) then it was straight to Meso 2 #16 shoulder work.  I wore my 1 lb gloves for the kick box.

Standing BB front press 12/10/8 reps  30

Standing BB front press (back off set)  20   15 reps

Standing lateral raise 12/10/8 reps 10

Standing lateral raise (back off set)  7  8 reps

Seated rear delts 12/10/8 reps  15

Seated rear delts (back off set)  10    15 reps

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I've still never done MMA Kickbox and may finally do it tonite since you and like it so much!

I love it and the MMA Boxing. You might not find them very hard, but their perfect for me.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I hate those days when it feels like you're just going through the motions to get it done!, when the " umph " isn't in it!  Hugs

Good morning!

Today was Rapid Fire Results.  I knew I'd work hard with this workout, but it was worse than that.  I literally struggled most of the way through.  My legs are fairly sore (hamstrings and quads) but I just had zero energy.  My legs felt like they weighed 1000 pounds a piece.  I moved my fan and it wasn't blowing on me as much, but I don't think that was the reason.  I don't know, but I can tell you guys that I can't believe I made it through.

I did all of it except for the metabolic burn and abs.  I really wanted to do the abs, but just didn't have anything left in me.  I wore my 1 lb gloves, which I know added to the intensity.  

I don't know what's going on with me.  It seems like mid afternoon I start feeling super tired and then in the evening after sitting for a couple hours watching TV I can barely put a foot forward to let the dogs out and get ready for bed.  Then in the morning when I crawl out of bed my legs and feet just ache and I feel like I'm 90 years old.

Enough complaining!!!

I burned 385 calories, avg 139, max 177, steps 5,342 

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

>Then in

> the morning when I crawl out of bed my legs and feet just ache

> and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*

michelle, we are officially giving you permission to take a day off!

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Thanks Carolyn!~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, May 31, 2012 1:27 pm >Then in> the morning when I crawl out of bed my legs and feet just ache> and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*michelle, we are officially giving you permission to take a day off!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Yes, I agree, it sounds like you need a rest day or two - you do A LOT between your formal workouts, your walks, and your housework - no wonder you are tired! Take both days off this weekend!!! :)Donna>Then in> the morning when I crawl out of bed my legs and feet just ache> and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*michelle, we are officially giving you permission to take a day off!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Yep, I'm with Donna and Carolyn.  Skip the video workouts and SLEEP IN.  Tell the family to not wake you up under any circumstance this weekend.  If you want to sleep in til noon, THEN DO SO!  A very important part of Training is rest and sleep so that your body can build and repair muscle. You could still walk the dogs and do housework when you wake up. 

Hugs!  

Yes, I agree, it sounds like you need a rest day or two - you do A LOT between your formal workouts, your walks, and your housework - no wonder you are tired!  Take both days off this weekend!!! :)

Donna>Then in> the morning when I crawl out of bed my legs and feet just ache

> and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*michelle, we are officially giving you permission to take a day off!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

you do A LOT between your formal workouts, your walks, and your housework - no wonder you are tired! Take both days off this weekend!!! :)

I'm thinking about it. In fact, I might have to take the whole weekend off. I have to watch my grandson on Saturday and we're going to church (first time in years) on Sunday. :)

´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- ~-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Guest guest

A number of years ago, I got home from a workout and was complaining to my DH " I

haven't been this tired since the last time I was pregn...WAIT!! What day is

this??? " My son will turn 21 soon...

Indyrose

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > **

> > *Good morning!*

> > **

> > * Today was Rapid Fire Results. I knew I'd work hard with this

> > workout, but it was worse than that. I literally struggled most of the way

> > through. My legs are fairly sore (hamstrings and quads) but I just had

> > zero energy. My legs felt like they weighed 1000 pounds a piece. I moved

> > my fan and it wasn't blowing on me as much, but I don't think that was the

> > reason. I don't know, but I can tell you guys that I can't believe I made

> > it through.*

> > **

> > *I did all of it except for the metabolic burn and abs. I really wanted

> > to do the abs, but just didn't have anything left in me. I wore my 1 lb

> > gloves, which I know added to the intensity. *

> > **

> > * I don't know what's going on with me. It seems like mid afternoon I

> > start feeling super tired and then in the evening after sitting for a

> > couple hours watching TV I can barely put a foot forward to let the dogs

> > out and get ready for bed. Then in the morning when I crawl out of bed my

> > legs and feet just ache and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*

> > **

> > *Enough complaining!!!*

> > **

> > *I burned 385 calories, avg 139, max 177, steps 5,342*

> >

> >

> > *Have a great day!

> > ~~[image: smiley4437.gif]*

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

LOL. No chance of that over here. My DH is fixed lol.~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, May 31, 2012 7:35 pm A number of years ago, I got home from a workout and was complaining to my DH " I haven't been this tired since the last time I was pregn...WAIT!! What day is this??? " My son will turn 21 soon...Indyrose> > > **> >> >> > **> > *Good morning!*> > **> > * Today was Rapid Fire Results. I knew I'd work hard with this> > workout, but it was worse than that. I literally struggled most of the way> > through. My legs are fairly sore (hamstrings and quads) but I just had> > zero energy. My legs felt like they weighed 1000 pounds a piece. I moved> > my fan and it wasn't blowing on me as much, but I don't think that was the> > reason. I don't know, but I can tell you guys that I can't believe I made> > it through.*> > **> > *I did all of it except for the metabolic burn and abs. I really wanted> > to do the abs, but just didn't have anything left in me. I wore my 1 lb> > gloves, which I know added to the intensity. *> > **> > * I don't know what's going on with me. It seems like mid afternoon I> > start feeling super tired and then in the evening after sitting for a> > couple hours watching TV I can barely put a foot forward to let the dogs> > out and get ready for bed. Then in the morning when I crawl out of bed my> > legs and feet just ache and I feel like I'm 90 years old.*> > **> > *Enough complaining!!!*> > **> > *I burned 385 calories, avg 139, max 177, steps 5,342*> >> >> > *Have a great day!> > ~~[image: smiley4437.gif]*> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Sorry to hear this wasn't too good for you, ! I'm sure if you try to sell or trade it though you'll find plenty of Guillermo Gomez fans interested in it!

Thursday Workout

Good morning!

Today I did another new one. I did Yin Yang Fusion. There are 5 15 minute routines on this one DVD. I did cardio with Gomez (expansion & contraction) Lower body with Gomez (rhythm & balance) Total body with ( strength & flexibility) and the core with . So I did all of them except for the mind and stillness section, and I've already done that one a couple days ago.

This was the first time I've done an actual workout from Guillermo Gomez. His accent is something to get used to, but as many have said, he's easy on the eye. I can't help but be annoyed by his pony tail swinging around lol. I honestly found his two sections SO boring. People say that he cues good...yes, he does, but for the basic movements he does I can't see how cuing well would be very hard.

I didn't really start working until I got to 's routines and that's when I started feeling it. Hers were hard and I think that's where I burned the majority of my calories.

I do regret buying this one because even though 's sections were good, they weren't super fun.

I wore my 1lb gloves for Gomez's section and I still didn't get much. I burned 370 calories 370, avg 128, max 152, steps 4,378

Have a great day!~~

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

WOW, that's a tough workout!  I always have to use the rebounder for some of the drills.  It sure is a fun one though!!I bet you feel great after that one!

Good morning!!

I got up at 5:30 this morning.  Had no idea what cardio to do.  Surprisingly (more so to myself)  I did Imax 2, the whole thing.  I was wiped out by the end.   

As soon as I got done with that we went and walked the dogs.   Supposed to get to 101 today.

I burned 515 calories, avg 171, max 198 (something is wrong here) steps 6,110

Have a great day!~~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

That is interesting about the stats from the HRM and Fitbit not matching up.  I'm always skeptical of these gadgets and also the readouts on cardio machines and bathroom scales, but they are fun to do stats with and such, and at least you can get a relative idea of progress. 

Good morning!

This morning I did another one I haven't done since 2010. I did Cardio & Weights (cardio premix) then did the abs.  The combos are really fun, but REALLY repetitive.  I also didn't really think my legs were sore from B & G yesterday until I started stepping.  That made the workout 50% harder for me.  I was dying by the 3rd combo.  I really wanted to stop, but told myself that I can rest when its over. 

I wore my fitbit and started the timer on it and also wore my HRM. I wanted to compare the two and see how close the calorie burns were.  Well, as you can see below that they do NOT match up.

Fit bit- 271 calories, 2.10 miles, 3,941 steps

HRM-394 calories, avg 153, max 186

The fitbit doesn't tell me my avg or my max so those don't count, but wow on the calories.  That's a 123 difference. A big deal to me.  So I think I'll go with just my HRM for my cardio workouts and use my fitbit for my steps and climbs.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

FWIW, from what I've read from WW stuff, a good HRM is the closest thing you can get to measuring actual calorie expenditure (but it will still not be completely accurate). The cardio machines are not to be trusted at all because they're not using a constant HR measurement on you. Bathroom scales vary tremendously in their accuracy too. But, like you say, with any of the gadgets, you at least get a sense of trends and that can be extremely helpful in itself!

Re: Thursday Workout

That is interesting about the stats from the HRM and Fitbit not matching up. I'm always skeptical of these gadgets and also the readouts on cardio machines and bathroom scales, but they are fun to do stats with and such, and at least you can get a relative idea of progress.

Good morning!

This morning I did another one I haven't done since 2010. I did Cardio & Weights (cardio premix) then did the abs. The combos are really fun, but REALLY repetitive. I also didn't really think my legs were sore from B & G yesterday until I started stepping. That made the workout 50% harder for me. I was dying by the 3rd combo. I really wanted to stop, but told myself that I can rest when its over.

I wore my fitbit and started the timer on it and also wore my HRM. I wanted to compare the two and see how close the calorie burns were. Well, as you can see below that they do NOT match up.

Fit bit- 271 calories, 2.10 miles, 3,941 steps

HRM-394 calories, avg 153, max 186

The fitbit doesn't tell me my avg or my max so those don't count, but wow on the calories. That's a 123 difference. A big deal to me. So I think I'll go with just my HRM for my cardio workouts and use my fitbit for my steps and climbs.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

FWIW, from what I've read from WW stuff, a good HRM is the closest thing you can get to measuring actual calorie expenditure

I agree!! My fitbit is going by my steps and calculating the calories. My HRM is measuring my heart rate, its way of measuring, that is. I still think that's better.

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸

Guest guest

> So I think I'll go with just my HRM for my cardio workouts

> and use my fitbit for my steps and climbs.

hi michelle! i did the same experiment with my fitbit and

HRM. the HRM is much more accurate at estimating calorie burn

than the fitbit, because the HRM has your actual heart rate to

use in the equation. the fitbit does great with general daily

movement (counting steps and calculating calorie burn based on

those steps) but not so great with anything else because it has

to estimate for the info it is not able to collect.

when im counting calories, i use the HRM cal burn for all

workouts and use the fitbit cal burn for the rest of the day.

the fitbit website lets me enter the HRM cal burns and over-rides

what the fitbit calculated for the period of the workout, so a

much truer estimation of how much to eat is presented. the

steps that the fitbit recorded during the workout are still added

to your daily, weekly and badge totals, so it is all good!

im glad that you are still using your fitbit, i still wear mine

religiously every day :) im up to 19K already at 430pm, but

only because i went to work at 6am for 9 hours.

im supposed to still walk chinook but it is really hot and looks

like rain :/

Guest guest

im glad that you are still using your fitbit, i still wear mine religiously every day :) im up to 19K already at 430pm, but only because i went to work at 6am for 9 hours.

Oh wow, that's a lot of steps. The most I've got so far is 20,000 and I thought I was going to die by the end of the day lol. Awesome Carolyn!

I wear mine EVERY SINGLE DAY. I even have to check it every so often to make it doesn't need charged. When it does need charged I do it when I know I'll be sitting down for a while lol. I love it, but like you said, its not good with recording cardio, just steps. And I didn't think I'd like the floors, but I love that too even though I never get near what I hope for.

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Good morning!

Late getting my workout today. I decided not to get up at 5:15 like I usually do and get my workout done. I figured I could get some extra sleep while I can before school starts back up. Well, that was a mistake. Not only did I wake up at 5 am, I tossed and turned until 6:30 and got up.

I ended up doing other things and not starting my workout until like 10. Grrrr I hate that. From now on its early for me. I hate not being done!! How do you all feel about getting up early JUST to workout? My family says I'm nuts.

Today was cardio. At this point I didn't feel like anything long. Like I said, it was already 10. I went with CTX Step & Intervals (cardio and stretch) This WORKED! I was super red faced at the end. Those 3 intervals she does at the end really got me good.

I burned 256 calories, avg 133, max 179, steps 3,761

Have a great day!

Guest guest

Hi !I don't love getting up early - but if I don't, the workout just doesn't get done.......

Oh - to reply to another of your messages, my DD is 9 today!Donna

To: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans ; exercisevideos ; fitandthatsit Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2012 10:41 AMSubject: Thursday Workout

Good morning!

Late getting my workout today. I decided not to get up at 5:15 like I usually do and get my workout done. I figured I could get some extra sleep while I can before school starts back up. Well, that was a mistake. Not only did I wake up at 5 am, I tossed and turned until 6:30 and got up.

I ended up doing other things and not starting my workout until like 10. Grrrr I hate that. From now on its early for me. I hate not being done!! How do you all feel about getting up early JUST to workout? My family says I'm nuts.

Today was cardio. At this point I didn't feel like anything long. Like I said, it was already 10. I went with CTX Step & Intervals (cardio and stretch) This WORKED! I was super red faced at the end. Those 3 intervals she does at the end really got me good.

I burned 256 calories, avg 133, max 179, steps 3,761

Have a great day!

Guest guest

>How do you all feel about getting up early

> JUST to workout? My family says I'm nuts.*

i think that you are nuts, but in a good way :) i admire anyone

who gets up extra early to workout. i do wish that i were like

that, but im just not!

Guest guest

Me either....I got laid off in 2005 but kept getting up early only instead of 4:47 am it's now around 5:30. Once I get out of the habit, I think I'd be out totally, so I just don't.

DH and think I'm crazy.

I don't think you're nuts at all but at the same time, I don't usually do that. If I did, I'd have been more consistent this summer. I work out at 5:45 during the school year because I'm up anyway with the kids ( is busy getting ready for school while I'm getting a workout in and then I'm done in time to spend time with him before he goes out to the bus). If I can sleep in, I do!

To: exercisevideos Sent: Fri, August 3, 2012 6:56:06 PMSubject: Re: Thursday Workout

>How do you all feel about getting up early> JUST to workout? My family says I'm nuts.*i think that you are nuts, but in a good way :) i admire anyone who gets up extra early to workout. i do wish that i were like that, but im just not!:*carolyn.