RemedySpot.com

Thursday - Step Foward

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,Today was Tracie Long's Step Forward - I think I did better with it than last time. I still get tripped up on some of the steps, but overall I felt my endurance was better. My butt is sore from Leaning Out yesterday - yay! I didn't have time for yoga, but did stretch some on my own. I think tomorrow is Defined Lines, the last Tracie Long I have that I haven't tried yet. I will, at some point, get her new workouts - b/c I'm really enjoying these!I'm feeling down about the dog again today - yesterday, one of 's friends dropped by w/ a get well card and balloon for her and it was like WWIII broke out with the dog when they came in the house. I'm glad DH was there to see it b/c I think now he better understands my concerns. The trainer is scheduled to come on Monday and I'm hoping that she will

give us an honest assessment of whether or not this dog is suitable for our family and if we are the right family to "fix" her. The dog is truly like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. In the house w/ us she is sweet, loving and calm. If another person comes in it is barking, growling, and nervous/fearful behavior. Same if we go on a walk and see another person or dog. I don't want a dog that has to be crated whenever we have company and that can't be taken out in public. I know it is fear-based, but MY biggest fear is I will put time and money into the training and end up having to return her anyway. I'm still taking it one day at a time. I'm upset both with myself and the rescue. I don't feel the rescue properly screened her before placing her (especially with a family w/ kids) and I also am mad at myself for not asking more questions and/or asking for a trial period with the dog before committing to the adoption. Lesson learned. I guess I adopted from

rescues before without issue and never imagined this would happen. On an interesting note, some of the Collies I was interested in are still available - I wonder if they do the rehab before adopting them out and that is why they haven't contacted me? If so, kudos to them - I wish I had adopted from a rescue that did that. As it turns, out, I found out from my vet, that they did check my references and everyone did say they gave good reviews.Thanks for listening...Hope everyone is doing well! Today I'm taking DD to see Brave - it will be nice to be in an air conditioned theater!!Donna

Guest guest

I know it is fear-based, but MY biggest fear is I will put time and money into the training and end up having to return her anyway. I'm still taking it one day at a time.

I was hoping to hear you say things are getting better with the dog. I'm sorry its not going well. It sounds like a social problem. Whatever you decide to do I'm sure will be right for you.

On the workout.... I love this one!

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸