RemedySpot.com

Sunday - 10 lb xtreme/blissology

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Today was 10 lb slimdown xtreme upper body - a pretty challenging, but straightforward endurance based workout. As with all the other 10 lb xtrme workouts this one is done in circuit format - 4 circuits, repeated once (so you do each circuit 2x). blended body weight exercises (push-ups, etc.) along w/ dumbell exercises. I'd say given the number of reps it is more of an endurance based workout than a strength building workout - but if you go w/ moderate to heavy weights you will feel it. I had to lighten up a couple of times just so I could finish the set. At some point this week I have to do the lower body workout which I'm kind of dreading - it is tough as I recall.

I also did my first Blissology practice - the Metta Yoga "weekend" practice. It was pretty simple - six series of sun salutions, followed by a few additional yoga postures (warrior, pigeon, lunge, forward bending). Throughout the sun salutations you are supposed to meditate on loving kindness and wishing for good will, peace, etc. to all beings (including yourself). Most of my yoga lately has been more of the "athletic" or "therapeutic" kind, so it was hard to get into the spiritual aspects of it - but I think I can get there. :) My plan, time permitting, this week is to fit in all the shorter Blissology practices. Mostly, my ability to do this depends on how early I wake up!Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Donna