RemedySpot.com

Unplanned workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I didn't get to bed till late last night then worked early this morning so I didn't plan on working out today but after doing homework with DD, I was insane so I went downstairs and spontaneously worked out for stress relief. I was still wearing jeans and wasn't wearing my HRM, thought about grabbing it but didn't. I decided I'd go with 10 Pound Slimdown Lower Body Workout like I had planned for whenever I got around to working out again. I forgot this workout is ALL lunges. Lunges for the strength portions and plyo lunges for the cardio circuits. I knew it would kill me endurance-wise and had no idea what it would do to my feet. I did not modify except to put down the 3 lb. weights I started with shortly after starting, but I also did not do the entire workout. I got through the first 2 circuits, barely, then the 3rd one began and it was just too much. I was barely keeping up and miserable and thinking I shouldn't be trying to do this many lunges, including plyo, this quickly. I know I could have slowed down and not tried to keep up with her tempo, like she tells you to do if you want, but I hate doing workouts like that so I didn't but if I try it again soon I will allow myself to do that. Then I didn't stretch, I was so frustrated and annoyed (with myself, with the overabundance of lunges) I just wanted out of there (that was despite reading 's post about not warming up). Then I went to sit on the ground to fold laundry and got up and my legs pretty much seized up on me so then I decided to go stretch on my own after that (and was much better for having done so). I do like this workout, the commentary is all on me. I went too hard too soon, there, I admit it. I will know later tonight probably how my feet felt about it but they seemed okay while I was doing it, I was just getting too tired and nervous about doing too much on the toes too.