RemedySpot.com

Sunday - Charlene P - It Figures

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,I decided to go w/ Charlene Prickett's It Figures Episodes for this week - my mornings will be hectic with having to leave the house about an hour earlier each day (so much for spring break, but my DD did really want to attend this nature camp for a week!)Anyway, today I did 2 episodes from Season 18, I believe. I recently got a few of these in a trade on VHS. We actually still have two VHS players in the house...so...VHS still works around here.From what I understand the programs alternate low impact, strength, step, low impact, strength, step, etc.So, today I did Episode # 1 - low impact. Charlene reminds me a bit of in that her low impact workouts generally use the same movements, just strung together differently - so grapevines, big knees, skater moves, etc. These are all filmed

outdoors in the Rocky Mtns so the setting is nice even if the music is bland. Charlene is always chatty but she always talks about interesting stuff - mostly health and fitness research. I followed that up with Episode #2 - which was strength - she hit a little of everything - legs, abs, upper body (biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders). She uses basic exercises - so nothing fancy. You can generally go heavier w/ Charlene's workouts b/c she does not do a lot of reps - usually 10. Oh, there was also some nice ab/core work in this episode. I think core work is Charlene's strength. The only downside to these workouts are the commercial breaks. What Charlene has done, is during the "break" she has you continue doing what you were doing while she interviews a guest or speaks on a health/fitness topic. It isn't bad, but I feel it does break the flow a bit. All in all, I did get a nice hour long well-rounded workout this morning. I did add some stretching on

my own.Tomorrow will be Episode # 3 - step! Hope everyone has a good Sunday. We plan to keep it low key today - church, maybe a trip to the library....Take care!Donna