RemedySpot.com

Wed - Tracie Long & Yoga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Today I pulled out a Tracie Long Focus workout and did Power Up (I think that is the title). I was looking for more of a cardio workout and this one is classified on Tracie's site as cardio. It is short - 30 min. You do 10 min of power intervals on the step, 10 min of power intervals on the floor and 10 min of floorwork (push-ups, tricep dips and abs). Tracie does include recovery time after the intervals. Some are more challenging than others - like the power lunges off the step - I do think doing the X-Factor workouts made this workout easier for me than it would have been prior to X-Factor, so that is something (She even does those frog jumps but far fewer of them than in X-Factor)! One thing I don't like - Tracie does NO real warm-up. I know she wanted to make these time savers - but I would have loved a 5 min warm-up chapter just to prepare for it - it is hard going straight into power lunges! After this workout I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 min yoga

makeover for lower body - a lot of good standing poses and some nice floor poses (including pigeon, my favorite) to stretch out the legs. Beautiful outdoor setting, too. I may work w/ these yoga workouts for a bit now - 20 min is easy enough to add on. So...thinking of all the Ultimate Yogi threads on VF made me think up a yoga-ish rotation. Here's what I'm thinking - never quite sure when I'll get to all the rotations I think up - but it is fun to write them down.Sunday - Strength Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchMonday - Longer Cardio & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchTuesday - Long Yoga & Optional Short light Cardio (walking, light dance, etc.)Wed - Circuit Workout & Short Yoga/Fusion/Pilates/StretchThurs - Long Yoga & Optional short Light cardioFriday - My Long walk or a long cardio session- short yoga/stretchSat - Rest or Restorative YogaI was thinking that I

have the old Total Yoga Series by Tracey White - it has 3 levels - Earth, water and Fire. I was thinking I would commit doing each level on the "Long Yoga" days until I felt ready to move on - starting w/ Earth, moving to Water and eventually Fire (which is super tough as I recall). I have 2 weeks to figure out what comes after the "X" - and I can't decide: Voight, Freytag (10 lb slimdown extreme), Gin , Yoga???Thanks everyone for your well-wishes on my mammogram - it is today at 1:30 - I don't know why they make you arrive 30 min earlier - to me, it just adds to the stress & anxiety to wait that long. I have my fingers crossed for a drama/anxiety-free-no-follow-up required experience. I do remind myself, however, that even the worst news is not the end of the world, I know both on-line and in person many survivors..so although it feels somewhat morbid to think that way - it is oddly comforting, too. Talk to

everyone later (hopefully w/ really good news!)Donna