felt like it was getting worse and unreliable. My regular/Internist Dr. had me

do Physical Therapy on it. The did electrical stimulation, ultrasound and

gait training as well as strentthening exercises. I realized that I was

walking " wrong " and I really had to practice walking straight with my feet

forward,

heel then toe. Sounds simple, but it hurt like heXXXX and I wanted to quit

that more than anything else I have ever done, but it worked. Using wheel

chair, crutches and then cane had created some really bad habits and I still

have to practice walking correctly every day.

I am really sorry for your pain, but may this can help. Please take care.

Carol M. in CA

@>~~~~

Hi guys

I read the messages all the time but don't post very often.

I tried to post this the other day but can't find it anywhere so I am

going to resend it. First off as most of you know I have been dealing

with RA for a few years now. I had surgery in October to fix a broken

metatarsel bone that would not heal. I am now healed from that the

othro says but for about the last week I have been haveing severe leg

pains It is extremely bad at bedtime but also affects me during my

day too the point that at times it feels like they can't support me.

I don't know if this is something that i should talk to the rheumy

about or my family doctor about or if it is just from all the time I

was using just one leg while in a cast on the other Any suggestions

on dealing with this is greatly appreciated as I need to sleep some

and not hurt so much. Thanks for everything. YOu guys are the

greatest support there is

Thanks

Angie

Angie, please call one or both of your physicians for help. It would be

ideal if your doctors could work together to relieve your pain.

Sorry you are still suffering!

Not an MD

[ ] legs hurting

> Hi guys

>

> I read the messages all the time but don't post very often.

> I tried to post this the other day but can't find it anywhere so I am

> going to resend it. First off as most of you know I have been dealing

> with RA for a few years now. I had surgery in October to fix a broken

> metatarsel bone that would not heal. I am now healed from that the

> othro says but for about the last week I have been haveing severe leg

> pains It is extremely bad at bedtime but also affects me during my

> day too the point that at times it feels like they can't support me.

> I don't know if this is something that i should talk to the rheumy

> about or my family doctor about or if it is just from all the time I

> was using just one leg while in a cast on the other Any suggestions

> on dealing with this is greatly appreciated as I need to sleep some

> and not hurt so much. Thanks for everything. YOu guys are the

> greatest support there is

>

> Thanks

> Angie

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

1st shot caused real bad thigh and butt cheek cramps lasted saturday thru monday doc gave me flexeral took only 1 pill they went away for goodpatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at

night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...wwTim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome to me. Not really pain but weird? Feels better if you stretch it or walk a bit? It makes it hard to fall asleep for me. A lot of us have it, there are meds now, ask your doc. SuZiepatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am

going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww

Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Its like a huge deep ache and no stretching or walking helps justs hurts more. patsuzie <suzieandsandy@...> wrote: Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome to me. Not really pain but weird? Feels better if you stretch it or walk a bit? It makes it hard to fall asleep for me. A lot of us have it, there are meds now, ask your doc. SuZiepatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Guest guest

Hi well your remark made me burst out laughing. Step away from the freezer loved it and sure did need a laugh today thank you. I did write it down, have to write everything down anymore lol. hugs...pat/ww <kcpapa2@...> wrote: Hi , I believe you definitely have post freezer leg syndrome. You should step away from the freezer. I have severe

peripheral neuropathy from Diabetes and Hep C, but what you are experiencing could be from treatment or just a lab value like and electrolyte out of balance. I would definitely tell your doctor, but if it was just the one time, she may not think much of it. Don't forget to ask, write it down, that's what I do. legs hurting No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.11/838 - Release Date: 6/7/2007 2:21 PM

Guest guest

Hmm did you hit a muscle or just to thin? This isn't cramps its just real tight like I have run to long etc. It does hurt tho, in fact I don't feel well at all again today slept most of day. Always do when I am real sick. hugs Tim...patHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1@...> wrote: 1st shot caused real bad thigh and butt cheek cramps lasted saturday thru monday doc gave me flexeral took only 1 pill they went away for goodpatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107

work www.knoxville1.com Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

My doc prescribes Quiine, tablets. They work.My pain was cramps, or a Charley Horse, as we use to call them. Bad ones. Scream outloud, into your pillow... Delpatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Hmm did you hit a muscle or just to thin? This isn't cramps its just real tight like I have run to long etc. It does hurt tho, in fact I don't feel well at all again today slept most of day. Always do when I am real sick. hugs Tim...patHillbilly Tim <knoxweb1 >

wrote: 1st shot caused real bad thigh and butt cheek cramps lasted saturday thru monday doc gave me flexeral took only 1 pill they went away for goodpatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last

night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww Tim Parsons knoxville,tn 37931 865-588-2465 x107 work www.knoxville1.com Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Don't pick lemons.

See all the new 2007 cars at Autos.

Guest guest

In a message dated 6/9/2007 7:57:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, jeffreyruse@... writes:

Hi. Jeff got these charlie horses, cramps, but worse than cramps, all the time when he was sick. He got them in his legs, neck, arms, fingers. One time he came home, he couldn't open door, fingers were so tight in a knot, I had to pry open them to try to relax them. And hurt so bad, made him cry in pain.

Jeff,

I get those alot too, but my doctor told me to drink quintine water (tonic water) I put a lime in it and it really good. It is also a good drink to drink when you go to dinner it goes well with food, just skip the gin or vodka. He tell me that everytime, because sometime I go quite a while and forget but now I know I keep tonic water and it is refreshing. NOT SODA WATER. I hope that helps. GlendaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Hi. Jeff got these charlie horses, cramps, but worse than cramps, all the time when he was sick. He got them in his legs, neck, arms, fingers. One time he came home, he couldn't open door, fingers were so tight in a knot, I had to pry open them to try to relax them. And hurt so bad, made him cry in pain. Dr. gave him samples of drug called URSO. They seemed to work. Suepatricia <pandas2@...> wrote: Its like a huge deep ache and no stretching or walking helps justs hurts more. patsuzie

<suzieandsandy > wrote: Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome to me. Not really pain but weird? Feels better if you stretch it or walk a bit? It makes it hard to fall asleep for me. A lot of us have it, there are meds now, ask your doc. SuZiepatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel

like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww Next time I'm coming back as a cat

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.

Guest guest

Thank you Sue...pat/ww Ruse <jeffreyruse@...> wrote: Hi. Jeff got these charlie horses, cramps, but worse than cramps, all the time when he was sick. He got them in his legs, neck, arms, fingers. One time he came home, he couldn't open door, fingers were so tight in a knot, I had to pry open them to try to relax them. And hurt so bad, made him cry in pain. Dr. gave him samples of drug called URSO. They seemed to work. Suepatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Its like a huge deep ache and no stretching or walking helps justs hurts more. patsuzie <suzieandsandy > wrote: Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome to me. Not really pain but weird? Feels better if you stretch it or walk a bit? It makes it hard to fall asleep for me. A lot of us have it, there are meds now, ask your doc. SuZiepatricia <pandas2sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Hi gang anyone have

strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww Next time I'm coming back as a cat Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q & A.

Guest guest

Hmmm will try the tonic isn't it nasty tasting like soda water? pat glendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 6/9/2007 7:57:22 AM Eastern Standard Time, jeffreyruse writes: Hi. Jeff got these charlie horses, cramps, but worse than cramps,

all the time when he was sick. He got them in his legs, neck, arms, fingers. One time he came home, he couldn't open door, fingers were so tight in a knot, I had to pry open them to try to relax them. And hurt so bad, made him cry in pain. Jeff, I get those alot too, but my doctor told me to drink quintine water (tonic water) I put a lime in it and it really good. It is also a good drink to drink when you go to dinner it goes well with food, just skip the gin or vodka. He tell me that everytime, because sometime I go quite a while and forget but now I know I keep tonic water and it is refreshing. NOT SODA WATER. I hope that helps. Glenda See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

RLS

usually feels better when you change position or move around.

/De

Re:

legs hurting

Its like a huge deep ache and no stretching or walking

helps justs hurts more. pat

suzie <suzieandsandy >

wrote:

Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome to me. Not really pain

but weird? Feels better if you stretch it or walk a bit? It

makes it hard to fall asleep for me. A lot of us have it, there are meds

now, ask your doc.

SuZie

Guest guest

Do you mean charley horses?That is something me and my husband get.I was told to try and stand on it to ease it.I learned that from and RN when I got it during labour of first child.There is also medicine for it,my friend just got a script for charley horses and it is working great.I will call her later and get the name of the script.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of patriciaSent: June 8, 2007 9:25 AMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: legs hurtingHi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww

Guest guest

Thank you so much hubby will be so happy..hugs wwgail <gaila@...> wrote: I see my girlfriend tuesday night and will get name of the drug then that is for Charlie horses. Gail -----Original Message-----From:

Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of patriciaSent: June 9, 2007 11:56 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: legs hurtingHi gail, no don't get charlie horses poor husband gets those bad. Didn't know there was a med for that when you find out name please let me know. His is very painful and getting worse. He stretches it but sometimes its so bad nothing helps. wwgail <gaila@....ca> wrote: Do you mean charley horses?That is something me and my husband get.I was told to

try and stand on it to ease it.I learned that from and RN when I got it during labour of first child.There is also medicine for it,my friend just got a script for charley horses and it is working great.I will call her later and get the name of the script. Gail -----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of patriciaSent: June 8, 2007 9:25 AMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: legs hurtingHi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going

to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww

Guest guest

I see my girlfriend tuesday night and will get name of the drug then that is for Charlie horses.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of patriciaSent: June 9, 2007 11:56 AMHepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies Subject: RE: legs hurtingHi gail, no don't get charlie horses poor husband gets those bad. Didn't know there was a med for that when you find out name please let me know. His is very painful and getting worse. He stretches it but sometimes its so bad nothing helps. wwgail <gaila@...> wrote:

Do you mean charley horses?That is something me and my husband get.I was told to try and stand on it to ease it.I learned that from and RN when I got it during labour of first child.There is also medicine for it,my friend just got a script for charley horses and it is working great.I will call her later and get the name of the script.

Gail

-----Original Message-----From: Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:Hepatitis CSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of patriciaSent: June 8, 2007 9:25 AMHepatitis Cfordummies Subject: legs hurtingHi gang anyone have strange leg pain? Woke me up at 1:30 this am tylenol didn't help and am going to try heat. I can rub them til holes appear and it doesn't help lol. Its the top of the legs half way up they feel like they are tense or tight this is second or third time I had them but never been bad enough to wake me at night. Makes me stretch my legs out and tense them up myself and release trying to ease them up. Hmmm maybe spent to much time in freezer last night lol. Will actually be happy to see doc this time unless my counts are bad and she puts me on that other shot, I won't be happy then haa. Nice to be in chat last night as I have missed it. Take care all. hugs...ww