RemedySpot.com

Re: For Gabs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gabs,

Well I go for my appointments on 30th Jan and then I am going for surgery 27th feb as mentioned before.

I am kinda not doing anything about it at the moment but have been informed that I will be going on optifast for 2 weeks prior to surgery.

My mindset at the moment is kinda relaxed now I have my dates for appointments and surgery I want to try to keep my feet on the ground as far as all is concerned.

Imp kind of excited and nervous but really realistic about the hard work it will take for the rest of my life.

I went out to lunch today with some good friends they made a fabulous lunch and I was thinking in a few short months I wont be able to enjoy most of what they prepared.......

I am how ever somewhat excited about what the lapband, as a tool can help with a s far as quality of life is concerned and I am looking forward to being relieved of this "life sentence" of fat which has made my life difficult for the past 20 years.

So that is kinda my state of mind at the moment. I guess I was say just flowing with it all/.....

I am trying to keep myself from getting over excited as yet..

Another thing I am kinda thinking of is - who to tell and who not to tell....my closest friends all know and I have threatened them all to keep it quiet - I don't want to keep explaining myself to everyone.

I am doing 2 overseas trips this year as well, so I am a bit apprehensive about how I will handle them with my new band buddy.

Imp sure it will all be ok. It is a huge life style change and once the band is in well its a roller coaster from there.

Imp sure it will all be fine.... the centre where I am going I have confidence it long term - I have lots of support at home and my network of great friends so we will just wait and see. sigh

regards UmmAleah

Re: booked in and on the way for gabs

Juzzy, UmmAleah - really great to chat to others who will be on a verysimilar journey - time-wise and can't wait to hear how you go. So ifyou both don't mind my asking, are you guys being strict with yourself until the op, or letting it loose before the big day? Ive been a crossbetween a nazi on myself (flogging myself at the gym)...and a couchpotato - just wondered what mindset you were in at the moment. Imstarting to get the jitters a bit - but as soon as I remember what Ireally could achieve with the band as a tool, I then become a fearlesssoldier yelling.."bring it on!!"heehee> >> > Hi all,> >> > rang today adn booked in for all my appointments jan 30th and bookd> for surgery 27th Feb 2008.> >> > It was a little longer than I anticipated but the wait will be worth> it im sure.> >> > Anyone else being banded around that time??> >> > regards> >> > UmmAleah> >>>>>>>>----------------------------------------------------------\------>>> No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition.> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1223 - Release Date:1/13/2008 8:23 PM>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1223 - Release Date: 1/13/2008 8:23 PM