RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Random questions...Juzzy and Gabs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Danna

Thanks for you replies. That hekps me a great deal.

I travel from coogee to martin place every day. Believe it or not, on a bad morning it can take up to an hour! (mashed against the windscreen of the bus because its so full and thats before its even out of coogee!!)

My work problem is that i am in the medical field and have patients whn i get back. So a week is all i can really take off without too much chaos.you know how it is, if i come in too late i miss out on the early bird parking special and have to pay a fortune! I should be OK, i have my appendix out on 02 and only had 2 panadol the whole time after leaving hospital. I will see how brave i am this time!!

I think it would be a realistic expectation then for me to lose 10kg in the first month, thats exciting! Now i can wear all the clothes i bought last year when i was 10kg lighter! LOL, nothing fits me these day! Its all camel toes and muffin tops!

Thanks again everyone for your answers and support. I am feeling excited and scared. My biggest challenge is getting through the optifast!!

Juzzy x

Re: Random questions...Juzzy and Gabs

As you know (Gabs) I was banded at the beginning of December. I ahd my first fill yesterday - today NO HUNGER - Ya!!1. Best thing - no hunger and I have lost nearly 13 kg already2. Worst thing - afraid of doing something wrong - really just a fear of the unknown - yesterday I was afraid of what the fill would be like - today I'm not3. Hard to say yet - was execting to find it difficult to adapt to a new way of life but to be honest, things I used to crave like lollies, couldn't care less at the moment.Juzzy to answer your questions:I had no fill but still couldn't eat anywhere near what I used to eat. The first few weeks your body is still recovering and I guess your stomach is still a bit tender and swollen from the op so you don't really want to eat. When I started to feel hungry at about 1 1/2 weeks post op I was allowed to start mushies. At first I could only eat a

couple of spoonfuls but as I started to recovery was able to eat more. I have been on normal food since Christmas Day and the end of last week started to feel hungry (could have eaten a horse and then chased after its jockey). So having got just a small fill yesterday I didn't expect it to make a lot of difference - so not hungry today.In the first 10 days I lost about 5-6 kg. Since then I lost just over another 1kg - but I had gone back to normal foods and had no fill. Dr Steve is quite happy with my progress so far.I needed 2 weeks but it depends on how you feel. When I did go back to work my boss offered to let me start late or leave early to avoid traffic. Would you be allowed to start a little later? Where do you travel from and where are you working?Hope this helpsDanna> >> > Me again! > > As my date for the band gets closer I find myself sometimes so > excited > > about getting the journey started i can be heard squealing with > > delight....other times I catch myself experiencing the very normal > > jitters about the operation and the settling in period > > afterwoods.. ..and I guess my new life with the band. So Im > interested > > to know -> > 1/ What has been the best thing about getting the band?> > 2/ What is the worst thing about having the band?> > 3/ Has the band been what you expected? More? Less?> > > >

I love brutal honesty.> > > > Just maximizing this great opportunity to talk openly and honestly > > with a group of people who've been through it.> > > > Thanks very much xxx> >>

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.