>

> I went to see my internist today. I really like this guy because he

> truly listens, unlike p/s.

> He finally got the operative report from my explanting p/s. In it he

> discovered , well this is what the report says:

> Left Breast...There was free extravasated silicone gel within that

> capsule & as the implant was removed, it was noted to have been focally

> ruptured in 2-3 areas of the implant wall with a

> substantial amount of extravasated silicone gel within the capsule.

> There was no calcification of the capsule. No extravasation of silicone

> gel out in the tissue . A complete capsulectomy was then performed. The

> wound was then irrigated with dilute Betadine & the cavity packed with

> moist lap(?) tape.

> Right Breast.....the lower pole extracapsular dissection was performed &

> the capsule was opened, again finding freely extravasated silicone gel.

> This implant was removed with several similar focal points of rupture

> in the implant shell. After sweeping out all of the extravasated gel, a

> complete capsulectomy was performed. As the dissection was carried up

> into the area of the axilla area, there was found to be a significant

> degree of silicone granuloma formation in continuity with the capsule

> that extended well out into the lower axillary area. This amounted to a

> mass of approx. 3cm width x 8cm in length by a cm and a half to two in

> thickness. In the apex of that dissection there was a branch of the

> subcapsular vessel that required suture ligature with 3-0 Vicryl. A very

> near 100% excision of all granuloma was able to be performed, although a

> small remnant may have been left in the apex. Clearly, all grossly

> involved, matted, granulomatous tissues were excised.

> Then it goes on about closing up incisions again. I left out the part

> how dissection was made too, cause I didn't want to type THAT much!!!! I

> could never be a transcriber! My NEXT computer will be SO top of the

> line, that I'll be able to just talk into it & it will type!!!

> ************************

> So what does all this mean????

> Well my internist said about the part that talks about a " small

> remnant " left behind...may translate to substantial amount left behind.

> Substantial enough that I am still having pain in the area that stills

> has the " remnant " , And that's NOT GOOD. And he realizes this is NOT all

> in my head because I NEVER saw this report before. I had asked the p/s

> to send me a copy, but he never did. The rash I had before explantation

> also was back. It's more like bumps on my (below)chest area. So he was

> able to document that today too.

> He is so much convinced that silicone does harm. He is so impressed that

> since my explantation, i am only using 25% of allergy meds., feeling has

> come back in my fingers(let hand) & anxiety is down (75% less).

> He has one other silicone patient who says she can't believe how good

> she feels. She too had allergy problems that are better now & she had

> something else too that I can't recall, but it's better too.

> My internist asked me for Dr. Feng's phone number. He is going to call.

> No offense girls, but I have been through alotta surgeries in the past

> 14 years & I just want to thoroughly check out ALL my options this time.

> At time of explantation I could not move(due to pain), had absolutely no

> one to help with phone calls to doctors 0r help make decisions; my dog

> just died & did not have time to check out the web for advice. And to

> add to that, the mammo doctor just told me " you need these out NOW..I've

> never seen a rupture like this. " What was also going through my head

> was, that I'd been lied to for 16 years from a doctor I thought I could

> trust.....silicone problems don't exist...a few women weren't happy so

> now they're suing.

> Total Shock.

> By the way, the Pathology Report also mentioned both were ruptured &

> noted capsules.

> Well girls, I've taken up enough of your time.

> If anyone (e???You're the medical expert!!) can explain this any

> further, please elaborate for me.

> Bottom line is: America needs more than just a few doctors that know how

> to remove this stuff right the first time. AND we need to be heard on

> the ramifications of silicone poisoning. I have some ideas on the

> latter & I WILL be contacting some of you in the future on this.

> Love to all,

>

>

>

>

>

My panic and anxiety went away after I had my implants outs.

e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote: ,Well, you seem to have a very full understanding of the surgery and what happened. The fact that a remnant of the granuloma was left in you probably does mean that there was a significatn amt. I hate it when doctors don't quantify something. In nursing school, we were taught that whenever we document an amt of something, we should use a comparison such as "nickel size drainage," or "foreign body seen which is similar in size to a pea, bullet, etc. That way it gives everyone a chance to picture in their head exactly what was seen. But it could relate to the problems you're having in your axilla area.You will definately need to keep us posted. I am also glad that your internist is willing to talk to you about your problems and concerns and even better, that he believes you and that silicone is related to health problems.My left implant was ruptured when it was removed and I had red bumps all over my chest, which were like small, hard red bumps. They sometimes itched, but not always, and most always were painful. Then they spread to my face, and they just ruined my complexion. And I also never had a problem with anxiety/panic until after my implants. Then the anxiety was so bad that I was treated with Ativan and Klonopin for a while, with success. I finally stopped taking all that about 1 yr ago, and have never had a panic attack since, until now, after my surgery when I feel that I'm suffocating in this damn collar!! But interestingly enough, my panic/anxiety stopped AFTER I had my implants removed. I think it is very hard to dispute that our symptoms and health problems are directly and indirectly related to implants. Like you said, we just need more understanding, empathetic doctors who are willing to listen to us and maybe do some research. One of these days......e>From: ShihtzusRock@...>Reply- > >Subject: Doctor Appt. Today>Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:17:56 -0600 (CST)>>e, & the rest that have helped;>> I went to see my internist today. I really like this guy because he>truly listens, unlike p/s.>He finally got the operative report from my explanting p/s. In it he>discovered , well this is what the report says:>Left Breast...There was free extravasated silicone gel within that>capsule & as the implant was removed, it was noted to have been focally>ruptured in 2-3 areas of the implant wall with a>substantial amount of extravasated silicone gel within the capsule.>There was no calcification of the capsule. No extravasation of silicone>gel out in the tissue . A complete capsulectomy was then performed. The>wound was then irrigated with dilute Betadine & the cavity packed with>moist lap(?) tape.>Right Breast.....the lower pole extracapsular dissection was performed & >the capsule was opened, again finding freely extravasated silicone gel.>This implant was removed with several similar focal points of rupture>in the implant shell. After sweeping out all of the extravasated gel, a>complete capsulectomy was performed. As the dissection was carried up>into the area of the axilla area, there was found to be a significant>degree of silicone granuloma formation in continuity with the capsule>that extended well out into the lower axillary area. This amounted to a>mass of approx. 3cm width x 8cm in length by a cm and a half to two in>thickness. In the apex of that dissection there was a branch of the>subcapsular vessel that required suture ligature with 3-0 Vicryl. A very>near 100% excision of all granuloma was able to be performed, although a>small remnant may have been left in the apex. Clearly, all grossly>involved, matted, granulomatous tissues were excised.>Then it goes on about closing up incisions again. I left out the part>how dissection was made too, cause I didn't want to type THAT much!!!! I>could never be a transcriber! My NEXT computer will be SO top of the>line, that I'll be able to just talk into it & it will type!!!>************************>So what does all this mean????>Well my internist said about the part that talks about a "small>remnant" left behind...may translate to substantial amount left behind.>Substantial enough that I am still having pain in the area that stills>has the "remnant", And that's NOT GOOD. And he realizes this is NOT all>in my head because I NEVER saw this report before. I had asked the p/s>to send me a copy, but he never did. The rash I had before explantation>also was back. It's more like bumps on my (below)chest area. So he was>able to document that today too.>He is so much convinced that silicone does harm. He is so impressed that>since my explantation, i am only using 25% of allergy meds., feeling has>come back in my fingers(let hand) & anxiety is down (75% less).>He has one other silicone patient who says she can't believe how good>she feels. She too had allergy problems that are better now & she had>something else too that I can't recall, but it's better too.>My internist asked me for Dr. Feng's phone number. He is going to call.>No offense girls, but I have been through alotta surgeries in the past>14 years & I just want to thoroughly check out ALL my options this time.>At time of explantation I could not move(due to pain), had absolutely no>one to help with phone calls to doctors 0r help make decisions; my dog>just died & did not have time to check out the web for advice. And to>add to that, the mammo doctor just told me"you need these out NOW..I've>never seen a rupture like this." What was also going through my head>was, that I'd been lied to for 16 years from a doctor I thought I could>trust.....silicone problems don't exist...a few women weren't happy so>now they're suing.>Total Shock.>By the way, the Pathology Report also mentioned both were ruptured & >noted capsules.>Well girls, I've taken up enough of your time.>If anyone (e???You're the medical expert!!) can explain this any>further, please elaborate for me.>Bottom line is: America needs more than just a few doctors that know how>to remove this stuff right the first time. AND we need to be heard on>the ramifications of silicone poisoning. I have some ideas on the>latter & I WILL be contacting some of you in the future on this.>Love to all,>>>>>

Me too tot went away :)

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:30 PM

Subject: Re: Doctor Appt. Today

My panic and anxiety went away after I had my implants outs. e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote: ,Well, you seem to have a very full understanding of the surgery and what happened. The fact that a remnant of the granuloma was left in you probably does mean that there was a significatn amt. I hate it when doctors don't quantify something. In nursing school, we were taught that whenever we document an amt of something, we should use a comparison such as "nickel size drainage," or "foreign body seen which is similar in size to a pea, bullet, etc. That way it gives everyone a chance to picture in their head exactly what was seen. But it could relate to the problems you're having in your axilla area.You will definately need to keep us posted. I am also glad that your internist is willing to talk to you about your problems and concerns and even better, that he believes you and that silicone is related to health problems.My left implant was ruptured when it was removed and I had red bumps all over my chest, which were like small, hard red bumps. They sometimes itched, but not always, and most always were painful. Then they spread to my face, and they just ruined my complexion. And I also never had a problem with anxiety/panic until after my implants. Then the anxiety was so bad that I was treated with Ativan and Klonopin for a while, with success. I finally stopped taking all that about 1 yr ago, and have never had a panic attack since, until now, after my surgery when I feel that I'm suffocating in this damn collar!! But interestingly enough, my panic/anxiety stopped AFTER I had my implants removed. I think it is very hard to dispute that our symptoms and health problems are directly and indirectly related to implants. Like you said, we just need more understanding, empathetic doctors who are willing to listen to us and maybe do some research. One of these days......e>From: ShihtzusRock@...>Reply- > >Subject: Doctor Appt. Today>Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:17:56 -0600 (CST)>>e, & the rest that have helped;>> I went to see my internist today. I really like this guy because he>truly listens, unlike p/s.>He finally got the operative report from my explanting p/s. In it he>discovered , well this is what the report says:>Left Breast...There was free extravasated silicone gel within that>capsule & as the implant was removed, it was noted to have been focally>ruptured in 2-3 areas of the implant wall with a>substantial amount of extravasated silicone gel within the capsule.>There was no calcification of the capsule. No extravasation of silicone>gel out in the tissue . A complete capsulectomy was then performed. The>wound was then irrigated with dilute Betadine & the cavity packed with>moist lap(?) tape.>Right Breast.....the lower pole extracapsular dissection was performed & >the capsule was opened, again finding freely extravasated silicone gel.>This implant was removed with several similar focal points of rupture>in the implant shell. After sweeping out all of the extravasated gel, a>complete capsulectomy was performed. As the dissection was carried up>into the area of the axilla area, there was found to be a significant>degree of silicone granuloma formation in continuity with the capsule>that extended well out into the lower axillary area. This amounted to a>mass of approx. 3cm width x 8cm in length by a cm and a half to two in>thickness. In the apex of that dissection there was a branch of the>subcapsular vessel that required suture ligature with 3-0 Vicryl. A very>near 100% excision of all granuloma was able to be performed, although a>small remnant may have been left in the apex. Clearly, all grossly>involved, matted, granulomatous tissues were excised.>Then it goes on about closing up incisions again. I left out the part>how dissection was made too, cause I didn't want to type THAT much!!!! I>could never be a transcriber! My NEXT computer will be SO top of the>line, that I'll be able to just talk into it & it will type!!!>************************>So what does all this mean????>Well my internist said about the part that talks about a "small>remnant" left behind...may translate to substantial amount left behind.>Substantial enough that I am still having pain in the area that stills>has the "remnant", And that's NOT GOOD. And he realizes this is NOT all>in my head because I NEVER saw this report before. I had asked the p/s>to send me a copy, but he never did. The rash I had before explantation>also was back. It's more like bumps on my (below)chest area. So he was>able to document that today too.>He is so much convinced that silicone does harm. He is so impressed that>since my explantation, i am only using 25% of allergy meds., feeling has>come back in my fingers(let hand) & anxiety is down (75% less).>He has one other silicone patient who says she can't believe how good>she feels. She too had allergy problems that are better now & she had>something else too that I can't recall, but it's better too.>My internist asked me for Dr. Feng's phone number. He is going to call.>No offense girls, but I have been through alotta surgeries in the past>14 years & I just want to thoroughly check out ALL my options this time.>At time of explantation I could not move(due to pain), had absolutely no>one to help with phone calls to doctors 0r help make decisions; my dog>just died & did not have time to check out the web for advice. And to>add to that, the mammo doctor just told me"you need these out NOW..I've>never seen a rupture like this." What was also going through my head>was, that I'd been lied to for 16 years from a doctor I thought I could>trust.....silicone problems don't exist...a few women weren't happy so>now they're suing.>Total Shock.>By the way, the Pathology Report also mentioned both were ruptured & >noted capsules.>Well girls, I've taken up enough of your time.>If anyone (e???You're the medical expert!!) can explain this any>further, please elaborate for me.>Bottom line is: America needs more than just a few doctors that know how>to remove this stuff right the first time. AND we need to be heard on>the ramifications of silicone poisoning. I have some ideas on the>latter & I WILL be contacting some of you in the future on this.>Love to all,>>>>>

duh I mean to say that not tot, guess I should use my spell check more often.

Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:54 PM

Me too tot went away :)

Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:30 PM

My panic and anxiety went away after I had my implants outs. e Rene <e_Rene@...> wrote: ,Well, you seem to have a very full understanding of the surgery and what happened. The fact that a remnant of the granuloma was left in you probably does mean that there was a significatn amt. I hate it when doctors don't quantify something. In nursing school, we were taught that whenever we document an amt of something, we should use a comparison such as "nickel size drainage," or "foreign body seen which is similar in size to a pea, bullet, etc. That way it gives everyone a chance to picture in their head exactly what was seen. But it could relate to the problems you're having in your axilla area.You will definately need to keep us posted. I am also glad that your internist is willing to talk to you about your problems and concerns and even better, that he believes you and that silicone is related to health problems.My left implant was ruptured when it was removed and I had red bumps all over my chest, which were like small, hard red bumps. They sometimes itched, but not always, and most always were painful. Then they spread to my face, and they just ruined my complexion. And I also never had a problem with anxiety/panic until after my implants. Then the anxiety was so bad that I was treated with Ativan and Klonopin for a while, with success. I finally stopped taking all that about 1 yr ago, and have never had a panic attack since, until now, after my surgery when I feel that I'm suffocating in this damn collar!! But interestingly enough, my panic/anxiety stopped AFTER I had my implants removed. I think it is very hard to dispute that our symptoms and health problems are directly and indirectly related to implants. Like you said, we just need more understanding, empathetic doctors who are willing to listen to us and maybe do some research. One of these days......e>From: ShihtzusRock@...>Reply- > >Subject: Doctor Appt. Today>Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:17:56 -0600 (CST)>>e, & the rest that have helped;>> I went to see my internist today. I really like this guy because he>truly listens, unlike p/s.>He finally got the operative report from my explanting p/s. In it he>discovered , well this is what the report says:>Left Breast...There was free extravasated silicone gel within that>capsule & as the implant was removed, it was noted to have been focally>ruptured in 2-3 areas of the implant wall with a>substantial amount of extravasated silicone gel within the capsule.>There was no calcification of the capsule. No extravasation of silicone>gel out in the tissue . A complete capsulectomy was then performed. The>wound was then irrigated with dilute Betadine & the cavity packed with>moist lap(?) tape.>Right Breast.....the lower pole extracapsular dissection was performed & >the capsule was opened, again finding freely extravasated silicone gel.>This implant was removed with several similar focal points of rupture>in the implant shell. After sweeping out all of the extravasated gel, a>complete capsulectomy was performed. As the dissection was carried up>into the area of the axilla area, there was found to be a significant>degree of silicone granuloma formation in continuity with the capsule>that extended well out into the lower axillary area. This amounted to a>mass of approx. 3cm width x 8cm in length by a cm and a half to two in>thickness. In the apex of that dissection there was a branch of the>subcapsular vessel that required suture ligature with 3-0 Vicryl. A very>near 100% excision of all granuloma was able to be performed, although a>small remnant may have been left in the apex. Clearly, all grossly>involved, matted, granulomatous tissues were excised.>Then it goes on about closing up incisions again. I left out the part>how dissection was made too, cause I didn't want to type THAT much!!!! I>could never be a transcriber! My NEXT computer will be SO top of the>line, that I'll be able to just talk into it & it will type!!!>************************>So what does all this mean????>Well my internist said about the part that talks about a "small>remnant" left behind...may translate to substantial amount left behind.>Substantial enough that I am still having pain in the area that stills>has the "remnant", And that's NOT GOOD. And he realizes this is NOT all>in my head because I NEVER saw this report before. I had asked the p/s>to send me a copy, but he never did. The rash I had before explantation>also was back. It's more like bumps on my (below)chest area. So he was>able to document that today too.>He is so much convinced that silicone does harm. He is so impressed that>since my explantation, i am only using 25% of allergy meds., feeling has>come back in my fingers(let hand) & anxiety is down (75% less).>He has one other silicone patient who says she can't believe how good>she feels. She too had allergy problems that are better now & she had>something else too that I can't recall, but it's better too.>My internist asked me for Dr. Feng's phone number. He is going to call.>No offense girls, but I have been through alotta surgeries in the past>14 years & I just want to thoroughly check out ALL my options this time.>At time of explantation I could not move(due to pain), had absolutely no>one to help with phone calls to doctors 0r help make decisions; my dog>just died & did not have time to check out the web for advice. And to>add to that, the mammo doctor just told me"you need these out NOW..I've>never seen a rupture like this." What was also going through my head>was, that I'd been lied to for 16 years from a doctor I thought I could>trust.....silicone problems don't exist...a few women weren't happy so>now they're suing.>Total Shock.>By the way, the Pathology Report also mentioned both were ruptured & >noted capsules.>Well girls, I've taken up enough of your time.>If anyone (e???You're the medical expert!!) can explain this any>further, please elaborate for me.>Bottom line is: America needs more than just a few doctors that know how>to remove this stuff right the first time. AND we need to be heard on>the ramifications of silicone poisoning. I have some ideas on the>latter & I WILL be contacting some of you in the future on this.>Love to all,>>>>>