RemedySpot.com

Re: Question for all members

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am a certified nurse assistant and currently am a unit secretary here in the regional med center in Idaho falls, I work on the surg ortho unit. It was a big change coming from Stanford Medical Center in CA where I was last employed as the Trauma Registrar/office assistant.

I have been working in Hospitals since 1992 and I love it, but sometimes I feel like I should have been an RN by now. I really did want to go into nursing but things never worked out for me to go to school financially esp since I had my daughter to support and now that I could afford it I am not sure I could cope with the stress and my brain just doesn't focus like it once did(sigh) anyway I do want to do more with my life but ya know for now I am limitied in capabilities. Someday.

As for hobbies, well other than working out I don't do much either, I like the computer, and health stuff interests me alot. I really wanted to get into personal training when I got sick too, another unrealized dream thanks to breast implants.

Someday I want to do that if I am every strong enough, I would love to be a nutritionist or exercise physiologist too, oh well, dreams are good to have right?

How bout you what did you say you do? Also how old are you if you don't mind my asking?

Nite ladies

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 9:27 PM

Subject: Question for all members

I have a question for all the women in the group. If you want to share this info with me great but if you don't I respect that. I am really curious as to what everyone does for a profession? Also what types of things do you do in your spare time/hobbies? The reason I ask is that I look back on my life (well past couple of years) and see what I have accomplished and it is very depressing because I don't see anything. All I do is sit home every day and night and do absolutely nothing. I don't have any hobbies, nothing. Anyway, now that I starting to feel better I am asking myself what I want to do with my life. I am trying to decide if I should finish my 4 year degree ( I dropped out my junior year due to the implants messing with my head). I live in VA and don't know what kind of career I could have here since we were pretty much forced to move here due to the money. I don't agree with the way things are run down here compared to NY. It is so old fashioned as far as women should be barefoot and pregnant and if you want to have a career you need to be a man. Maybe I am wrong but that is the perception I get. I was just wondering since a lot of the women in the group have been through hell and wondered what they did to pick themselves up and get through life in a positive manner. I am maybe thinking about working in a law firm since I got my 2yr degree as a paralegal. Maybe I can help educate attorneys that take these cases etc... I don't know? HELP!

Guest guest

AngYou'd be great in law. You're a good researcher too. Maybe a

scientist. I'll send you an article I saw in the paper today about a

waitress/dog trainer turned scientist. It's not from The Nat'l Enquirer

either! I too, thought of going into law, for about 5 minutes then

decided I get too worked up mad. Someone would probably take a shot at

me! You're still young enough Ang think about it; by the time you

graduated they might believe wha implants have done.

Guest guest

I am 43 yrs. old. have worked in the Photo, hair music

industries. Noticed how I picked careers where you either make alot of

money or no money!!! Looks like I should have taken my mom's advice

years ago married that rich guy I dated! Oh well....I really enjoyed

almost everything I've worked at. How many kids get to touch their

dreams? I did I am happy.From all this experience I've come to know

a little bit about everything alot about nothing! I now work at a

company that is a part of Billboard Magazine. Just a bunch of retired

dj's musicians who are sick of the corruption of the industry, but

still have a passion for music. So we sit at computers all day long play "Name that Tune." Really. That's what I do. Radio stations have to

keep track of songs they play how many times they play it. Sometimes

they lie report that they play a song when they don't. And sometimes

they get a song that's not released yet play which is a no-no too.

Artists get their recognition from how many times their song is played.

This info we provide, along with record sales requests make the Top 40

100 list you've probably seen. I sometimes only get 3 sec of a song have to id it if the computer didn't detect it. Not a hard job if you've

been collecting records for 35 years! My specialty format is Rock. But

I help in AC format too. I really love my job. Actually look forward to

going in. I could not work somewhere doing something I didn't enjoy. I

hope I can work here until I retire. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me!So

you see, you girls have alot to teach me!!!

Guest guest

Wow, , that is great! I like doing things like that as well. I am very interested in fashion and music. I know all different kinds of music and it is because I love music in general. It doesn't matter what kind, it all motivates me or relaxes me.

No, you shouldn't have listened to your mom and married a rich guy. You would be so dependent on him and never really be able to do your own thing and be your own person. You would be miserable.

I think you made the best choice and that is to do what you want and enjoy it. Not a lot of people can say they are doing that. THat is pure fullfilment :)

Great job!

Love,

Ang

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:46 AM

Subject: Re: Question for all members

I am 43 yrs. old. & have worked in the Photo, hair & music industries. Noticed how I picked careers where you either make alot of money or no money!!! Looks like I should have taken my mom's advice years ago & married that rich guy I dated! Oh well....I really enjoyed almost everything I've worked at. How many kids get to touch their dreams? I did & I am happy.

From all this experience I've come to know a little bit about everything & alot about nothing!

I now work at a company that is a part of Billboard Magazine. Just a bunch of retired dj's & musicians who are sick of the corruption of the industry, but still have a passion for music. So we sit at computers all day long & play "Name that Tune." Really. That's what I do. Radio stations have to keep track of songs they play & how many times they play it. Sometimes they lie & report that they play a song when they don't. And sometimes they get a song that's not released yet & play which is a no-no too. Artists get their recognition from how many times their song is played. This info we provide, along with record sales & requests make the Top 40 & 100 list you've probably seen. I sometimes only get 3 sec of a song & have to id it if the computer didn't detect it. Not a hard job if you've been collecting records for 35 years! My specialty format is Rock. But I help in AC format too. I really love my job. Actually look forward to going in. I could not work somewhere doing something I didn't enjoy. I hope I can work here until I retire. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me!

So you see, you girls have alot to teach me!!!

Guest guest

I wasn't surprised!! You are a strong person! You fill up your schedule with exercising! As for being strong enough, you can become a personal trainer. YOu have the body and the will. You are doing it!!

By the way, it is great that you have dreams and goals. That is the difference between you and I, I don't have any goals and that is why I feel like nothing right now. I am working on it.

Love,

Ang

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:04 AM

I am a certified nurse assistant and currently am a unit secretary here in the regional med center in Idaho falls, I work on the surg ortho unit. It was a big change coming from Stanford Medical Center in CA where I was last employed as the Trauma Registrar/office assistant.

I have been working in Hospitals since 1992 and I love it, but sometimes I feel like I should have been an RN by now. I really did want to go into nursing but things never worked out for me to go to school financially esp since I had my daughter to support and now that I could afford it I am not sure I could cope with the stress and my brain just doesn't focus like it once did(sigh) anyway I do want to do more with my life but ya know for now I am limitied in capabilities. Someday.

As for hobbies, well other than working out I don't do much either, I like the computer, and health stuff interests me alot. I really wanted to get into personal training when I got sick too, another unrealized dream thanks to breast implants.

Someday I want to do that if I am every strong enough, I would love to be a nutritionist or exercise physiologist too, oh well, dreams are good to have right?

How bout you what did you say you do? Also how old are you if you don't mind my asking?

Nite ladies

I have a question for all the women in the group. If you want to share this info with me great but if you don't I respect that. I am really curious as to what everyone does for a profession? Also what types of things do you do in your spare time/hobbies? The reason I ask is that I look back on my life (well past couple of years) and see what I have accomplished and it is very depressing because I don't see anything. All I do is sit home every day and night and do absolutely nothing. I don't have any hobbies, nothing. Anyway, now that I starting to feel better I am asking myself what I want to do with my life. I am trying to decide if I should finish my 4 year degree ( I dropped out my junior year due to the implants messing with my head). I live in VA and don't know what kind of career I could have here since we were pretty much forced to move here due to the money. I don't agree with the way things are run down here compared to NY. It is so old fashioned as far as women should be barefoot and pregnant and if you want to have a career you need to be a man. Maybe I am wrong but that is the perception I get. I was just wondering since a lot of the women in the group have been through hell and wondered what they did to pick themselves up and get through life in a positive manner. I am maybe thinking about working in a law firm since I got my 2yr degree as a paralegal. Maybe I can help educate attorneys that take these cases etc... I don't know? HELP!

Guest guest

You have goals, you proved that by taking the step to get explanted, that is a big step. You are making sure that you have a future, and you are young so you have lots of time to figure out what you want to do, you will be successful and getting healthy is going to be important for you to do first.

Thanks Ang

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 6:28 AM

I wasn't surprised!! You are a strong person! You fill up your schedule with exercising! As for being strong enough, you can become a personal trainer. YOu have the body and the will. You are doing it!!

By the way, it is great that you have dreams and goals. That is the difference between you and I, I don't have any goals and that is why I feel like nothing right now. I am working on it.

Love,

Ang

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:04 AM

Nite ladies

Guest guest

That is cool, music is one of my biggest hobbies, guess I left that out. I met my husband on napster downloading music, can you believe it! I used to go on napster everyday (I was sick then with implants) and had no life really, just hung out and was on the computer all the time getting music, and happened to get an instant message from him, he was curious to know who it was that had such an eclectic taste in music. At that time he had over 5,000 songs on his hard drive and I had about 1400! LOL.

Anyhow that was one of the many things we found we had in common. Funny how you can begin a whole relationship based on the same taste in music ya know. Anyhow I think that would be an awesome career, who cares if it is big money or not, $$$ are not everything in life to me being happy and doing what I want and enjoy are more important than anything, but if you can make money and do that then that is even better. ha .

My hubby plays guitar really well, when we first met I would ask him to learn this song or that song, he would have it down in a day or two and then call me and play them for me over the speakerphone, so sweet. I fell in love with him immediately and just new he was the one for me.

Anyhow I guess I got off track here, but when it comes to music I just always think about how it can bring people together.

Love Ya

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:46 PM

I am 43 yrs. old. & have worked in the Photo, hair & music industries. Noticed how I picked careers where you either make alot of money or no money!!! Looks like I should have taken my mom's advice years ago & married that rich guy I dated! Oh well....I really enjoyed almost everything I've worked at. How many kids get to touch their dreams? I did & I am happy.

From all this experience I've come to know a little bit about everything & alot about nothing!

I now work at a company that is a part of Billboard Magazine. Just a bunch of retired dj's & musicians who are sick of the corruption of the industry, but still have a passion for music. So we sit at computers all day long & play "Name that Tune." Really. That's what I do. Radio stations have to keep track of songs they play & how many times they play it. Sometimes they lie & report that they play a song when they don't. And sometimes they get a song that's not released yet & play which is a no-no too. Artists get their recognition from how many times their song is played. This info we provide, along with record sales & requests make the Top 40 & 100 list you've probably seen. I sometimes only get 3 sec of a song & have to id it if the computer didn't detect it. Not a hard job if you've been collecting records for 35 years! My specialty format is Rock. But I help in AC format too. I really love my job. Actually look forward to going in. I could not work somewhere doing something I didn't enjoy. I hope I can work here until I retire. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me!

So you see, you girls have alot to teach me!!!

Guest guest

I was a technical illustrator (I drew those photos

that show you how to assemble the products you

purchase for assembly) when I got implants. My

sensitivities forced me to leave my job of 15 years.

There were no restrictions on smoking in the workplace

at the time. I was sick all day, everyday I worked.

After quitting, I went back to school to get my

bachelors degree in psychology . . . By graduation, I

was hanging on by my fingernails. I couldn't remember

diddly . . . so I canceled plans for a graduate degree

and went back to illustrating.

Then I began a chain of jobs where I was either laid

off after making multitudes of stupid mistakes (while

coming to work sick) on a daily basis. By then end of

my work life, I was working on the computer full time

.. . . not recommended for someone with fibromyalgia

where one needs to keep moving or feel the pain.

I'm now happily retired (Thank God for a wonderful

hubby whose medical insurance and retirement income

means survival for me!)

As long as I follow my program, i.e., manage stress,

anger, get deep sleep, manage my diet (especially

avoid sweets), get massages, exercise (we square dance

at the challenge level - less rigorous than lower

level dancing), stretch, and don't overdo anything, I

feel normal these days. As time goes by, it takes more

and more to knock me off my balance beam, and less

time to climb back on . . . even accounting for

advancing age.

Currently, I am having more chemical sensitivity

problems, which I think is due to a few extreme

exposures to paint, clorine, etc. I plan to work

another liver detox program soon that I feel confident

will put me back on an even basis.

I feel truely blessed. I wish every woman had a chance

to get this well. . . . but better yet, I wish they

would get the word about what implants can do before

they have to experience what we have.

Rogene

Guest guest

This was a good idea it is fun to get to know everyone better. Thanks to

for thinking of it.

Love ya all

< >

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 10:18 AM

> I was a technical illustrator (I drew those photos

> that show you how to assemble the products you

> purchase for assembly) when I got implants. My

> sensitivities forced me to leave my job of 15 years.

> There were no restrictions on smoking in the workplace

> at the time. I was sick all day, everyday I worked.

>

> After quitting, I went back to school to get my

> bachelors degree in psychology . . . By graduation, I

> was hanging on by my fingernails. I couldn't remember

> diddly . . . so I canceled plans for a graduate degree

> and went back to illustrating.

>

> Then I began a chain of jobs where I was either laid

> off after making multitudes of stupid mistakes (while

> coming to work sick) on a daily basis. By then end of

> my work life, I was working on the computer full time

> . . . not recommended for someone with fibromyalgia

> where one needs to keep moving or feel the pain.

>

> I'm now happily retired (Thank God for a wonderful

> hubby whose medical insurance and retirement income

> means survival for me!)

>

> As long as I follow my program, i.e., manage stress,

> anger, get deep sleep, manage my diet (especially

> avoid sweets), get massages, exercise (we square dance

> at the challenge level - less rigorous than lower

> level dancing), stretch, and don't overdo anything, I

> feel normal these days. As time goes by, it takes more

> and more to knock me off my balance beam, and less

> time to climb back on . . . even accounting for

> advancing age.

>

> Currently, I am having more chemical sensitivity

> problems, which I think is due to a few extreme

> exposures to paint, clorine, etc. I plan to work

> another liver detox program soon that I feel confident

> will put me back on an even basis.

>

> I feel truely blessed. I wish every woman had a chance

> to get this well. . . . but better yet, I wish they

> would get the word about what implants can do before

> they have to experience what we have.

>

> Rogene

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Thank you :)

< >

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:48 PM

> I'd like to take credit, but it was Ang who thought of the Question For

> all members...

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Sorry I guess my memory is bad!

< >

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 1:05 PM

> Thank you :)

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: <ShihtzusRock@...>

> < >

> Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:48 PM

> Subject: Re: Question for all members

>

>

> > I'd like to take credit, but it was Ang who thought of the Question For

> > all members...

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Hoooooow sweet!! and I also used to go on Napster. It was awesome. Now there is Morpheus which you can download at www.musiccity.com

What a cute story. Thanks for sharing that with us!!! :)))

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:45 AM

That is cool, music is one of my biggest hobbies, guess I left that out. I met my husband on napster downloading music, can you believe it! I used to go on napster everyday (I was sick then with implants) and had no life really, just hung out and was on the computer all the time getting music, and happened to get an instant message from him, he was curious to know who it was that had such an eclectic taste in music. At that time he had over 5,000 songs on his hard drive and I had about 1400! LOL.

Anyhow that was one of the many things we found we had in common. Funny how you can begin a whole relationship based on the same taste in music ya know. Anyhow I think that would be an awesome career, who cares if it is big money or not, $$$ are not everything in life to me being happy and doing what I want and enjoy are more important than anything, but if you can make money and do that then that is even better. ha .

My hubby plays guitar really well, when we first met I would ask him to learn this song or that song, he would have it down in a day or two and then call me and play them for me over the speakerphone, so sweet. I fell in love with him immediately and just new he was the one for me.

Anyhow I guess I got off track here, but when it comes to music I just always think about how it can bring people together.

Love Ya

I am 43 yrs. old. & have worked in the Photo, hair & music industries. Noticed how I picked careers where you either make alot of money or no money!!! Looks like I should have taken my mom's advice years ago & married that rich guy I dated! Oh well....I really enjoyed almost everything I've worked at. How many kids get to touch their dreams? I did & I am happy. From all this experience I've come to know a little bit about everything & alot about nothing! I now work at a company that is a part of Billboard Magazine. Just a bunch of retired dj's & musicians who are sick of the corruption of the industry, but still have a passion for music. So we sit at computers all day long & play "Name that Tune." Really. That's what I do. Radio stations have to keep track of songs they play & how many times they play it. Sometimes they lie & report that they play a song when they don't. And sometimes they get a song that's not released yet & play which is a no-no too. Artists get their recognition from how many times their song is played. This info we provide, along with record sales & requests make the Top 40 & 100 list you've probably seen. I sometimes only get 3 sec of a song & have to id it if the computer didn't detect it. Not a hard job if you've been collecting records for 35 years! My specialty format is Rock. But I help in AC format too. I really love my job. Actually look forward to going in. I could not work somewhere doing something I didn't enjoy. I hope I can work here until I retire. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me! So you see, you girls have alot to teach me!!!

Guest guest

Thank you Rogene for sharing your story. You held on and were strong.

Great job!!

< >

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 12:18 PM

> I was a technical illustrator (I drew those photos

> that show you how to assemble the products you

> purchase for assembly) when I got implants. My

> sensitivities forced me to leave my job of 15 years.

> There were no restrictions on smoking in the workplace

> at the time. I was sick all day, everyday I worked.

>

> After quitting, I went back to school to get my

> bachelors degree in psychology . . . By graduation, I

> was hanging on by my fingernails. I couldn't remember

> diddly . . . so I canceled plans for a graduate degree

> and went back to illustrating.

>

> Then I began a chain of jobs where I was either laid

> off after making multitudes of stupid mistakes (while

> coming to work sick) on a daily basis. By then end of

> my work life, I was working on the computer full time

> . . . not recommended for someone with fibromyalgia

> where one needs to keep moving or feel the pain.

>

> I'm now happily retired (Thank God for a wonderful

> hubby whose medical insurance and retirement income

> means survival for me!)

>

> As long as I follow my program, i.e., manage stress,

> anger, get deep sleep, manage my diet (especially

> avoid sweets), get massages, exercise (we square dance

> at the challenge level - less rigorous than lower

> level dancing), stretch, and don't overdo anything, I

> feel normal these days. As time goes by, it takes more

> and more to knock me off my balance beam, and less

> time to climb back on . . . even accounting for

> advancing age.

>

> Currently, I am having more chemical sensitivity

> problems, which I think is due to a few extreme

> exposures to paint, clorine, etc. I plan to work

> another liver detox program soon that I feel confident

> will put me back on an even basis.

>

> I feel truely blessed. I wish every woman had a chance

> to get this well. . . . but better yet, I wish they

> would get the word about what implants can do before

> they have to experience what we have.

>

> Rogene

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Yes we use Morpheus allot, also Kaza too, but I will always miss Napster.!

Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 9:12 AM

Hoooooow sweet!! and I also used to go on Napster. It was awesome. Now there is Morpheus which you can download at www.musiccity.com

What a cute story. Thanks for sharing that with us!!! :)))

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 9:45 AM

Love Ya

I am 43 yrs. old. & have worked in the Photo, hair & music industries. Noticed how I picked careers where you either make alot of money or no money!!! Looks like I should have taken my mom's advice years ago & married that rich guy I dated! Oh well....I really enjoyed almost everything I've worked at. How many kids get to touch their dreams? I did & I am happy. From all this experience I've come to know a little bit about everything & alot about nothing! I now work at a company that is a part of Billboard Magazine. Just a bunch of retired dj's & musicians who are sick of the corruption of the industry, but still have a passion for music. So we sit at computers all day long & play "Name that Tune." Really. That's what I do. Radio stations have to keep track of songs they play & how many times they play it. Sometimes they lie & report that they play a song when they don't. And sometimes they get a song that's not released yet & play which is a no-no too. Artists get their recognition from how many times their song is played. This info we provide, along with record sales & requests make the Top 40 & 100 list you've probably seen. I sometimes only get 3 sec of a song & have to id it if the computer didn't detect it. Not a hard job if you've been collecting records for 35 years! My specialty format is Rock. But I help in AC format too. I really love my job. Actually look forward to going in. I could not work somewhere doing something I didn't enjoy. I hope I can work here until I retire. Maybe it's the Aquarius in me! So you see, you girls have alot to teach me!!!