Guest guest

Guest guest

Ang, About the tanning; The meds I was taking at the

time, were the same ones I was taking before. I suppose your body could

react differently to the meds. I am now taking one fourth of the allergy

meds I took in the past, so I will see this spring if I can tan again. I

will also check meds for sun sensitivity.Thanks,

Guest guest

I have a huge list of all kinds of meds that make you sensitive to light. All from allergy meds to antibiotics to beta blockers. Let me know if you need info.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 9:49 AM

Subject: Re: Tanning

& Ang,

About the tanning; The meds I was taking at the time, were the same ones I was taking before. I suppose your body could react differently to the meds. I am now taking one fourth of the allergy meds I took in the past, so I will see this spring if I can tan again. I will also check meds for sun sensitivity.Thanks,

Guest guest

Ang, here's my meds list:Claritan 10 mg. since 1997 to

presentSudafed (was taking up to 8 a day, now 1 pill.)Premarin

1.25 mg since 1992Xanax .25 mg (was taking up to 3 a day, now 1/2

pill in morning)Vitamins E, C, A&D, ZincPresently taking Lortab

7.5 for pain (1-2 a day)At the time of the burning episodes(tanning)

I was NOT taking any antibiotics. I believe I did not take any for a few

weeks before either. When I did have all my sinus infections, I was too

sick to lay in the sun. I woud just stay inside be in bed.Maybe

you'll spot the meds in my list that could make me not tan easily

anymore. I did tell my PCP about the sun episodes he thought it was

immune system related. He didn't mention meds. But that doesn't say

anything, as all these doctors overlooked the fact I had silicone

implants in (since 1985) which I wrote on my chart.Thanks,

Guest guest

Below is a list but just to let you know Claritin, Vitamin A, Sudafed (I noticed one of their ingredients in the list below under antihistamines) & Alprazolam (XANAX)

SUBSTANCES THAT MAY CAUSE PHOTOSENSITIVTY

ANTIDEPRESSANTSclomipramine (Anafranil)isocarboxazid (Marplan)maprotiline (Ludiomil)mirtazapine (Remeron)sertaline (Zoloft)TRICYCLIC AGENTS, eg.,Elavil, Asendin, Norpramin, Sinequan, Tofranil, Aventyl, Vivactil, Surmontil, venlafixine (Effexor)ANTIHISTAMINESastemizole (Hismanal)cetirizine (Zytec)cyproheptadine (Periactin)dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)diphenhydramine (Benadryl)hydroxyzine (Atarax, Vistaril)loratadine (Claritin)terfenadine (Seldane)

ANTIMICROBIALSazithromycin (Zithromax)griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grisactin)*nalidixic acid (NegGram)QUINOLONES, eg., Cipro, Penetrex,, Levaquin, Floxin, *Maxaquin, Noroxin, * Zagam sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)* SULFONAMIDES, eg., Gantrisin, Bactrim, SeptraTETRACYCLINES, eg., *Declomycin, Vibramycin, Minocin, TerramycinANTIPARASITICS*bithionol (Bitin)chloroquine (Aralen)mefloquine (Lariam)pyrvinium parnoate (Povan, Vanquin)quinineANTIPSYCHOTICSchlorprothixene (Taractan, Tarasan)haloperiodol (Haldol)* PHENOTHIAZINES, eg., Compazine, Mellaril, Stelazine, Phenergan, Thorazinerisperidone (Risperdal)thiothixene (Navane)CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY*dacarbazine (DTIC)fluororacil (5-FU)methotrexate (Mexate)procarbazine (Matulane, Natulan)vinblastine (Velban, Belbe)CARDIOVASCULARS (see also Diuretics)ACE INHIBITORS, eg., Capoten, Vasotec, Monapril, Accupril, Altace, Univasc*amiodarone (Cordarone)diltiazem (Cardizem)disopyramide (Norpace)losartan (Hyzaar)lovastatin (Mevacor)nifedipine (Procardia)pravastin (Pravachol)quinidine (Quinaglute)simvastatin (Zocor)sotalol (Betapace)DIURETICS (see also Cardiovasculars)acetazolamide (Diamox)amiloride (Midamor)furosemide (Lasix)metolazone (Diulo, Zaroxolyn)*THIAZIDES, eg., HydroDiuril, Naturetin,*HYPOGLYCEMICSULFONYLUREASacetohexamide (Dymelor)chlorpropamide (Diabinese)glimepiride (Amaryl)glipzide (Glucotrol)glyburide (Diabeta, Micronase)tolazamide (Tolinase)tolbutamide (Orinase)NSAIDsAll nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, eg., ibuprofen (Motrin, Naproxen (Anaprox, Naproxyn), Orudis, Feldene, Voltaren, etc. The new NSAID agents include: etodolac (Lodine), nabumetone, (Relafen), oxaprozin (Daypro)SUNSCREENS*benzophenones (Arimis, Clinique)cinnamates (Arimis, Estee Lauder)dioxbenzone (Solbar Plus)oxybenzone (Eclipse, Presun, Shade)PABA (PreSun)*PABA esters(Block Out, Sea & Ski, Eclipse)

MISCELLANEOUSbenzocainebenzoyl peroxide (Oxy 10)carbamazepine (Tegretol)chlordiazepoxide (Librium)coal tar, eg., Tegrin, Zetar)CONTRACEPTIVES, oral estazolam (ProSom)*etretinate (Tegison)felbamate (Felbatol)gabapentin (Neurontin)gold salts (Myochrysine, Ridaura, Solganal)hexachlorophene (pHisoHex)hypericum (St. ’s Wort)interferon beta-1b (Betaseron)*isetretinoln (Accutane)masoprocol (Actinex)olsalazine (Dipentun)*PERFUME OILS, eg.,bergamot, citron, lavender, sandalwood, cedar, musk*PSORALENSselegiline (deprenyl, Eldepryl)*tretinoin (Retin-A, Vitamin A Acid)zolpidem (Ambien)----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 11:49 AM

Ang, here's my meds list:

Claritan 10 mg. since 1997 to presentSudafed (was taking up to 8 a day, now 1 pill.)Premarin 1.25 mg since 1992Xanax .25 mg (was taking up to 3 a day, now 1/2 pill in morning)Vitamins E, C, A & D, ZincPresently taking Lortab 7.5 for pain (1-2 a day)At the time of the burning episodes(tanning) I was NOT taking any antibiotics. I believe I did not take any for a few weeks before either. When I did have all my sinus infections, I was too sick to lay in the sun. I woud just stay inside & be in bed.Maybe you'll spot the meds in my list that could make me not tan easily anymore. I did tell my PCP about the sun episodes & he thought it was immune system related. He didn't mention meds. But that doesn't say anything, as all these doctors overlooked the fact I had silicone implants in (since 1985) which I wrote on my chart.Thanks,

Guest guest

Also artificial sweetners are a cause of photosensitivity. I don't know if you use them. I don't know if I am correct but I am guessing also due to the fact that we have developed immune problems as a result of the implants this also causes photosensitivity. I read that health conditions relating to the immune system cause photosensitivity.

Hope this helps!

Love,

ang

Guest guest

interesting Ang thanks so much I think I may add this to the files section too.

Love

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 7:36 PM

Below is a list but just to let you know Claritin, Vitamin A, Sudafed (I noticed one of their ingredients in the list below under antihistamines) & Alprazolam (XANAX)

ANTIDEPRESSANTSclomipramine (Anafranil)isocarboxazid (Marplan)maprotiline (Ludiomil)mirtazapine (Remeron)sertaline (Zoloft)TRICYCLIC AGENTS, eg.,Elavil, Asendin, Norpramin, Sinequan, Tofranil, Aventyl, Vivactil, Surmontil, venlafixine (Effexor)ANTIHISTAMINESastemizole (Hismanal)cetirizine (Zytec)cyproheptadine (Periactin)dimenhydrinate (Dramamine)diphenhydramine (Benadryl)hydroxyzine (Atarax, Vistaril)loratadine (Claritin)terfenadine (Seldane)

ANTIMICROBIALSazithromycin (Zithromax)griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grisactin)*nalidixic acid (NegGram)QUINOLONES, eg., Cipro, Penetrex,, Levaquin, Floxin, *Maxaquin, Noroxin, * Zagam sulfasalazine (Azulfidine)* SULFONAMIDES, eg., Gantrisin, Bactrim, SeptraTETRACYCLINES, eg., *Declomycin, Vibramycin, Minocin, TerramycinANTIPARASITICS*bithionol (Bitin)chloroquine (Aralen)mefloquine (Lariam)pyrvinium parnoate (Povan, Vanquin)quinineANTIPSYCHOTICSchlorprothixene (Taractan, Tarasan)haloperiodol (Haldol)* PHENOTHIAZINES, eg., Compazine, Mellaril, Stelazine, Phenergan, Thorazinerisperidone (Risperdal)thiothixene (Navane)CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY*dacarbazine (DTIC)fluororacil (5-FU)methotrexate (Mexate)procarbazine (Matulane, Natulan)vinblastine (Velban, Belbe)CARDIOVASCULARS (see also Diuretics)ACE INHIBITORS, eg., Capoten, Vasotec, Monapril, Accupril, Altace, Univasc*amiodarone (Cordarone)diltiazem (Cardizem)disopyramide (Norpace)losartan (Hyzaar)lovastatin (Mevacor)nifedipine (Procardia)pravastin (Pravachol)quinidine (Quinaglute)simvastatin (Zocor)sotalol (Betapace)DIURETICS (see also Cardiovasculars)acetazolamide (Diamox)amiloride (Midamor)furosemide (Lasix)metolazone (Diulo, Zaroxolyn)*THIAZIDES, eg., HydroDiuril, Naturetin,*HYPOGLYCEMICSULFONYLUREASacetohexamide (Dymelor)chlorpropamide (Diabinese)glimepiride (Amaryl)glipzide (Glucotrol)glyburide (Diabeta, Micronase)tolazamide (Tolinase)tolbutamide (Orinase)NSAIDsAll nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, eg., ibuprofen (Motrin, Naproxen (Anaprox, Naproxyn), Orudis, Feldene, Voltaren, etc. The new NSAID agents include: etodolac (Lodine), nabumetone, (Relafen), oxaprozin (Daypro)SUNSCREENS*benzophenones (Arimis, Clinique)cinnamates (Arimis, Estee Lauder)dioxbenzone (Solbar Plus)oxybenzone (Eclipse, Presun, Shade)PABA (PreSun)*PABA esters(Block Out, Sea & Ski, Eclipse)

MISCELLANEOUSbenzocainebenzoyl peroxide (Oxy 10)carbamazepine (Tegretol)chlordiazepoxide (Librium)coal tar, eg., Tegrin, Zetar)CONTRACEPTIVES, oral estazolam (ProSom)*etretinate (Tegison)felbamate (Felbatol)gabapentin (Neurontin)gold salts (Myochrysine, Ridaura, Solganal)hexachlorophene (pHisoHex)hypericum (St. ’s Wort)interferon beta-1b (Betaseron)*isetretinoln (Accutane)masoprocol (Actinex)olsalazine (Dipentun)*PERFUME OILS, eg.,bergamot, citron, lavender, sandalwood, cedar, musk*PSORALENSselegiline (deprenyl, Eldepryl)*tretinoin (Retin-A, Vitamin A Acid)zolpidem (Ambien)----- Original Message -----

Ang, here's my meds list: Claritan 10 mg. since 1997 to presentSudafed (was taking up to 8 a day, now 1 pill.)Premarin 1.25 mg since 1992Xanax .25 mg (was taking up to 3 a day, now 1/2 pill in morning)Vitamins E, C, A & D, ZincPresently taking Lortab 7.5 for pain (1-2 a day)At the time of the burning episodes(tanning) I was NOT taking any antibiotics. I believe I did not take any for a few weeks before either. When I did have all my sinus infections, I was too sick to lay in the sun. I woud just stay inside & be in bed.Maybe you'll spot the meds in my list that could make me not tan easily anymore. I did tell my PCP about the sun episodes & he thought it was immune system related. He didn't mention meds. But that doesn't say anything, as all these doctors overlooked the fact I had silicone implants in (since 1985) which I wrote on my chart.Thanks,

Guest guest

Thanks for the drug list Ang. The real test will be this summer. I am

going to try to go off claitan after May. I might have to go off earlier

than that if I want to have allergy tests done again. If I remember

right, they can't test you until you've been off those for 2

weeks...

Guest guest

That is correct. Stay off of those for at least 2 weeks if you want an

accurate test. I hate those tests. I am always allergic to everything so

the serum burns really bad when they inject it. OW!

< >

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 11:21 PM

> Thanks for the drug list Ang. The real test will be this summer. I am

> going to try to go off claitan after May. I might have to go off earlier

> than that if I want to have allergy tests done again. If I remember

> right, they can't test you until you've been off those for 2

> weeks...

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I get nervous when I fly too, ha ha, I had to take some somas this last trip and this time I am flying alone, even though it is a short trip I really will need something for it, ha ha.

I miss lisa-marie too, I emailed her but she only wrote back and said Hi, hope she is ok, I miss her too.

Nite

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 9:10 PM

Thank you . I researched a little because it made me wonder as well about getting into the bed even though I am not taking anything at all except Ortho Tricyclen and then once in a blue moon Propranolol (beta blocker) for my anxiety. I only take it if I am going to fly or am really nervous about something. Speaking of which I am going to be flying so I will need it along with my valium. I take it when flying but actually might not take it. I still have some Southwest Drink Coupons, maybe I will just have a glass of wine instead. ha,ha!

Goodnight, sweet dreams!

p.s. where is LIsa-Marie? I haven't seen her post lately? I hope she is okay? I miss her.

Love,

Angelika

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 10:44 PM

interesting Ang thanks so much I think I may add this to the files section too.

Love

Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 7:36 PM

Ang, here's my meds list: Claritan 10 mg. since 1997 to presentSudafed (was taking up to 8 a day, now 1 pill.)Premarin 1.25 mg since 1992Xanax .25 mg (was taking up to 3 a day, now 1/2 pill in morning)Vitamins E, C, A & D, ZincPresently taking Lortab 7.5 for pain (1-2 a day)At the time of the burning episodes(tanning) I was NOT taking any antibiotics. I believe I did not take any for a few weeks before either. When I did have all my sinus infections, I was too sick to lay in the sun. I woud just stay inside & be in bed.Maybe you'll spot the meds in my list that could make me not tan easily anymore. I did tell my PCP about the sun episodes & he thought it was immune system related. He didn't mention meds. But that doesn't say anything, as all these doctors overlooked the fact I had silicone implants in (since 1985) which I wrote on my chart.Thanks,