RemedySpot.com

Re: Vision therapy?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

We did 1 year of vision therapy in Chicago. It worked very well for our daughter. Though, it wasn't just the vision therapy... 2 pediatric ophthalmologists had told us that her eye sight was fine. It took us to find a developmental optometrist to discover that she had ambliopya and astigmatism (in 1 eye). So, they put her on glasses and vision therapy. It worked very well for her, she learned to read while doing the therapy and to date her reading is one of her strengths...

We just went to Dr. Gottlieb here and we will do a couple more sessions with her (vision therapy) as a few problems seem to be lingering. They also had to modify her glasses (now she has a bit of far sightedness which runs in the family).

To: autism-georgia Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 5:15 PMSubject: Vision therapy?

Anyone do vision therapy with their child for visual processing problems, and if so, what did you think and who did you do it with? My son watches TV upside-down (turns the video player upside down, or turns himself upside down if he can), so we are thinking there is a visual processing issue here.... Thanks!

Hey , we're doing vision therapy with Bren again. We use the Roswell Eye Clinic.>  

>> Anyone do vision therapy with their child for visual processing problems, and if so, what did you think and who did you do it with? My son watches TV upside-down (turns the video player upside down, or turns himself upside down if he can), so we are thinking there is a visual processing issue here.... Thanks!

>>

Mike:

Hope all is well with you guys! How are you doing generally? Lindsey is 13, almost 14, and growing into a teenager! He is generally

a happy young man, mostly when listening to music. Are you still involved in DIR therapy?

Re: Vision therapy?

Hey , we're doing vision therapy with Bren again. We use the Roswell Eye Clinic.> >> Anyone do vision therapy with their child for visual processing problems, and if so, what did you think and who did you do it with? My son watches TV upside-down (turns the video player upside down, or turns himself upside down if he can), so we are thinking there is a visual processing issue here.... Thanks! >>

Brendon just turned 14 a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how fast they grow up. I am still involved in DIR therapy - even more so now. I'm a counselor. I work with Babies Can't Wait in Clayton County (doing Floortime) and am working with kids with the Floortime Atlanta gang. I'm at the Floortime Atlanta office on Friday, and sometimes Wednesday or Thursday. I'm still the moderater of the Yahoo Floortime list too (although I dont participate near as much as when I wasnt a professional - just don't have the same kind of time).

It's great to hear about Lindsey! I hope things are going well for yall. We love the folks at the Roswell Eye Clinic, but that once a month drive is tough. It's worth it though. Snyder is Bren's therapist. She's really good (and good with him).

If you need anything, give me a call, or you can email too of course. >  >

> Mike:>> Hope all is well with you guys! How are you doing generally?  Lindsey is 13, almost 14, and growing into a teenager! He is generally>> a happy young man, mostly when listening to music. Are you still involved in DIR therapy?

>> >>  >>  >> Re: Vision therapy?>>>> Hey , we're doing vision therapy with Bren again. We use the Roswell Eye Clinic.>>

>>  >>>> Anyone do vision therapy with their child for visual processing problems, and if so, what did you think and who did you do it with? My son watches TV upside-down (turns the video player upside down, or turns himself upside down if he can), so we are thinking there is a visual processing issue here.... Thanks!

>>>>>>