RemedySpot.com

Shenanigans Transitions class preview

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Shenanigans is developing a new transitions program targeted to high schoolers and post-secondary young adults that will use real life scenarios to learn and practice vocational and social skills that our young folks will encounter in the workplace and community. We've brought together a team of transition experts to advise the program to make it relevant and strong.Using our signature improvisational theatre approach, we'll keep the fun, but with the purpose of helping those with Asperger's and high-functioning autism better understand their adult world. Interviewing for a job, the dating scene, being a friend, getting along with co-workers - the big issues down to the details, are just a few of the many paths we'll be exploring as the program grows.We're planning to have a preview

class on either Monday, March 5 or Friday, March 9, 4:30-5:30 pm, at Elm Street Arts Center (Main St, Woodstock at Towne Center Pkwy.) Which day we go with depends on your responses.If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to me by Sunday and let me know which day you would be able to attend. (If you can do either day, let me know that, too!) The class will be small, so the sooner you call (or email), the better your chance of getting on the reservation list. Cost is $30 at the door. Following the class, we will be asking our attendees and their parents and caregivers to give us feedback and suggestions. In return, you will receive a discount voucher for our future transition class series.Sandy Bruce, Exec DirSpectrum Arts, Inc.

(Shenanigans)sandy@...