RemedySpot.com

Re: Social Skills summer camps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Stacey,Thanks for the question. Same here. Where do you live? I have a 13 yo boy in Cherokee county. From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Stacey Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:33 PMTo: autism-georgia Subject: Social Skills summer camps Hi group,What is everyone doing for summer camp for social skills? I have a HF almost 13 year old who really needs something. Can anyone make any recommendations?ThanksStacey

Guest guest

We are in County which has absolutely zip for services. My son will be 13 this summer and is straight A's academically but with hardly a single friend. He needs help with the social stuff and we don't have access to peers like the school does but getting them to work on it is an upward battle and they claim there is no opportunity for much social interaction. I have a good mind to start something up myself if I could find qualified folks to help me out this way. I'm happy to open up my home to a group and put something together but it seems near impossible. I just can't stand the thought of another summer with little to no interaction for him : ((

Hi Stacey,Thanks for the question. Same here. Where do you live? I have a 13 yo boy in Cherokee county. From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Stacey Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:33 PMTo: autism-georgia Subject: Social Skills summer camps Hi group,What is everyone doing for summer camp for social skills? I have a HF almost 13 year old who really needs something. Can anyone make any recommendations?ThanksStacey

Guest guest

, same here. Straight A’s but no friends. School says same, no opportunity, but I don’t have access to all the children they have to make it work. Please email me off list. Maybe we can set something up between them to start and I can send you whatever information I get on summer camps because I’m looking into that as well.I think we are about an hour away from each other.My email is mzipp@..., From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Stacey Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 4:07 PMTo: autism-georgia Subject: Re: Social Skills summer camps We are in County which has absolutely zip for services. My son will be 13 this summer and is straight A's academically but with hardly a single friend. He needs help with the social stuff and we don't have access to peers like the school does but getting them to work on it is an upward battle and they claim there is no opportunity for much social interaction. I have a good mind to start something up myself if I could find qualified folks to help me out this way. I'm happy to open up my home to a group and put something together but it seems near impossible. I just can't stand the thought of another summer with little to no interaction for him : (( Hi Stacey,Thanks for the question. Same here. Where do you live? I have a 13 yo boy in Cherokee county. From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Stacey Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:33 PMTo: autism-georgia Subject: Social Skills summer camps Hi group,What is everyone doing for summer camp for social skills? I have a HF almost 13 year old who really needs something. Can anyone make any recommendations?ThanksStacey

Guest guest

my friend in Cherokee has many resources to sharehttp://www.facebook.com/cherokeenavigator Also, check out meetup.com for more connections or Wellspring at http://sites.radiantwebtools.com/?i=15328 & mid=5 Have a blessed day,Marcia Singson, President and FounderGeorgia Asperger's Organization To: autism-georgia Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 2:09 PM Subject: RE: Social Skills summer camps

Hi Stacey,Thanks for the question. Same here. Where do you live? I have a 13 yo boy in Cherokee county. From: autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On Behalf Of Stacey Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:33 PMTo: autism-georgia Subject:

Social Skills summer camps Hi group,What is everyone doing for summer camp for social skills? I have a HF almost 13 year old who really needs something. Can anyone make any recommendations?ThanksStacey

Guest guest

I just recently joined this group and noticed multiple similar posts recently -

socializing help for school, socializing help for summer camp...

I'm curious about what extracurricular activities some of you have your kids in.

Getting them involved in activities can help with the social issues - at least

the HFA kids. My son has been in Tae Kwon Do for about 4 years (he's 7). He

doesn't talk to the other kids a lot, but he is talking more. He's even

blurting out some wise cracks every once in a while (usually good ones).

Consider this. Define socializing. If you're talking about mingling, I don't

think that will work well with autistic children, but if there's something else

involved - a common goal, that might work better.

>

> my friend in Cherokee has many resources to share

> http://www.facebook.com/cherokeenavigator 

>

> Also, check out meetup.com for more connections or Wellspring

at http://sites.radiantwebtools.com/?i=15328 & mid=5  

> Have a blessed day,

> Marcia Singson, 

> President and Founder

> Georgia Asperger's Organization

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: autism-georgia

> Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 2:09 PM

> Subject: RE: Social Skills summer camps

>

>

>  

> Hi Stacey,

> Thanks for the question.  Same here.  Where do you live?  I have a 13 yo

boy in Cherokee county.

>

>  

> From:autism-georgia [mailto:autism-georgia ] On

Behalf Of Stacey

> Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 1:33 PM

> To: autism-georgia

> Subject: Social Skills summer camps

>  

>  

> Hi group,

>

> What is everyone doing for summer camp for social skills? I have a HF almost

13 year old who really needs something. Can anyone make any recommendations?

>

> Thanks

>

> Stacey

>