RemedySpot.com

Re: Health update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear , Could you please tell me who your explant dr. was and the dr. who you are going to see tomorrow. Could you also tell me what type of allergies you had and if you had any other symptoms and what they were.

Thanks

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 5:03 PM

Subject: Health update

Dear Ladies,

I'd like to thank all of you who have written to me with advice or shared with me your experiences about this "unknown" pain in my underarm area & the salivary gland issue.

My dentist checked out the salivary gland issue yesterday & said what Dr. Kolb had said. He gave me a Rx for some prednisone it case it does it again. He also said if it keeps happening & becomes painful, he would examine further. His wife is an internist so he has someone to keep him updated on medications as so many dentists do not. I am happy with the (painless) dental work he does also, so I trust him. Many people I work with also have seen him for several years.

I go to see another p/s tomorrow about the underarm pain. I saw my explanting surgeon this week about it & he (first) said, without even touching me, that it was probably a nerve & not related to my explant surgery. I asked him to please feel the area; he "barely" touched it & said he's pretty positive it's a nerve. He wants to refer me to a pain management center. He said sometimes these things just happen; sometimes we never can find the source of pain & we have to "learn" to live with it

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Good to see you back girl, glad that you are doing better and hope that things will settle down, I know you have been through allot and I know that the volume of email can be overwhelming so I am glad that you are finding ways to handle it and be a part of the group. We missed you and are happy that you are back.

Talk to ya soon, Love

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 2:07 PM

Subject: Health Update

Hello All:

I've rejoined the group. I ha to take some time off due to alot of doctor appointments.

As some of you may remember, Since my explant on May 10th, 2001; My right breast & axilla area had a numb/painful feeling. I searched for answers from my PCP, new PCP, a different P/S & made repeated calls to Dr. Huang (never did get a return call). No answers. Then someone posted here, that Dr. Melmed would answer questions. I wrote him; he replied; I overnited my reports & he advised I see a neurologist.

I ended up seeing Dr. Moreng in Kansas City (he was with my insurance & they covered everything). The first thing Dr. Moreng said to me AFTER her read my reports OUT LOUD to me was "Do you know, silicone is toxic to the body?" I thought it was a trick question; but also thought he must be on our side.

My explanting p/s was trying to tell me, that this problem I was having was due to the "lite" clerical work I do or possibly something else & I should seek workman's comp. Dr. Moreng disagreed.

After 3 MRI's & 3 nerve tests the results showed no tumors;no large amounts of silicone & no major nerve damage. And nothing that would relate to a job injury. He said that the tiny nerves in my breast & axilla area were definitely injured during explant & also believes I still have a microscopic amount of silicone present in that area. The only thing that would confirm this is a biopsy in this area; which would mean MORE trauma to that area. He said the numbness is permanent & the pain MAY go away in time. If the pain does worsen, he then advises a biopsy. It's been along year. I've learned alot about the medical industry & even the human race. I am satisfied with the treatment I am now receiving. I would rather have this area of my body numb than say, my arms or legs.

If I ad to do it all over again; I would have chosen a different p/s. Someone that everyone here recommends. There really are quite a few to chose from. And if you are worried about the financial part; I'll bet anyone that lives in the cities these p/s practice, would kindly open their doors to help with accommodations. I have found 2 p/s recommended by the neuoro's office. Seems like his assistant had a close friend go thru what we all did. I will see that the moderator of this group will post & also give info to the other groups for people in the Kansas City area.

We're a support group...right? So if you know of ANYONE that would come to my area, please feel free to ask them to contact me. I will help in any way possible. No one should ever have to go thru this alone, like I did.

Special thank you to the person that made that "Write to Dr. Melmed " Post. You'll never know HOW much you helped me. And thank you to Martha Murdock for her offer of staying at her place (in case I was going to Dallas).

I'll get these posts in the digest "so I won't stress out over large email". LOL

Thoughts & prayers to all,

Guest guest

I have used this for awhile now and my head is very clear I believe that this is one of the supplements that has been helpful in my healing.

Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 4:11 PM

Subject: RE: Health Update

Alpha lipoic acid 1000 to 2000 mg a day is useful for the neurological problems. .

-----Original Message-----From: shihtzusrock@... [mailto:shihtzusrock@...]Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2002 4:07 PM Subject: Health UpdateHello All: I've rejoined the group. I ha to take some time off due to alot of doctor appointments. As some of you may remember, Since my explant on May 10th, 2001; My right breast & axilla area had a numb/painful feeling. I searched for answers from my PCP, new PCP, a different P/S & made repeated calls to Dr. Huang (never did get a return call). No answers. Then someone posted here, that Dr. Melmed would answer questions. I wrote him; he replied; I overnited my reports & he advised I see a neurologist. I ended up seeing Dr. Moreng in Kansas City (he was with my insurance & they covered everything). The first thing Dr. Moreng said to me AFTER her read my reports OUT LOUD to me was "Do you know, silicone is toxic to the body?" I thought it was a trick question; but also thought he must be on our side. My explanting p/s was trying to tell me, that this problem I was having was due to the "lite" clerical work I do or possibly something else & I should seek workman's comp. Dr. Moreng disagreed. After 3 MRI's & 3 nerve tests the results showed no tumors;no large amounts of silicone & no major nerve damage. And nothing that would relate to a job injury. He said that the tiny nerves in my breast & axilla area were definitely injured during explant & also believes I still have a microscopic amount of silicone present in that area. The only thing that would confirm this is a biopsy in this area; which would mean MORE trauma to that area. He said the numbness is permanent & the pain MAY go away in time. If the pain does worsen, he then advises a biopsy. It's been along year. I've learned alot about the medical industry & even the human race. I am satisfied with the treatment I am now receiving. I would rather have this area of my body numb than say, my arms or legs. If I ad to do it all over again; I would have chosen a different p/s. Someone that everyone here recommends. There really are quite a few to chose from. And if you are worried about the financial part; I'll bet anyone that lives in the cities these p/s practice, would kindly open their doors to help with accommodations. I have found 2 p/s recommended by the neuoro's office. Seems like his assistant had a close friend go thru what we all did. I will see that the moderator of this group will post & also give info to the other groups for people in the Kansas City area. We're a support group...right? So if you know of ANYONE that would come to my area, please feel free to ask them to contact me. I will help in any way possible. No one should ever have to go thru this alone, like I did. Special thank you to the person that made that "Write to Dr. Melmed " Post. You'll never know HOW much you helped me. And thank you to Martha Murdock for her offer of staying at her place (in case I was going to Dallas). I'll get these posts in the digest "so I won't stress out over large email". LOL Thoughts & prayers to all,