RemedySpot.com

Re: compulsive behavior....stimming again...video games

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sounds like it could be any number of things or a combination. When you put him back on the diet, did you include foods that he did not get while on the diet the last time? For instance, was he also soy free or corn free, but now he is only gluten and casein free? Is he still getting some gluten or casein from outside sources, i.e.- family members who don't think you know what you're doing. Possible die off due to having been off the diet, getting more fungal growth, and now is back on again. Is there something that he is watching or playing that has the same movements that he may be copying? Someone else posted about vit. A drops. This may be something to consider, too. You are doing the right thing by trying to investigate all the different avenues. I hope you can get to the root of the stim soon. I do know how hard the stims are to deal with.

And a word about the nay sayers that you are dealing with: we all have them. Keep trudging away and try not to let their opinions sway you. You know your child best. Sometimes you have to be blunt and put it to them in just that way. If they don't like it, tough. Live in your shoes for a little while, though I doubt most would last a month.

Happy New Year!

Karmen

compulsive behavior....stimming again...video games

I just can't get my son to stop playing this imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively social with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why. He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend again. Any thoughts?

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

How much Vit A would you start a 41 lb child on daily? It seems he has a lot of the symptoms described. Thanks, Deidrewe got rid of ours in 4 hours with vit A drops. made me mad it took something so simple, to think of how many of our kids suffer with out needing to from simple thingsRecovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking Re: compulsive behavior....stimming again...video gamesrepetative play is very normal for our children with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours on end and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible) has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless all of you. Takes time...Never give up -------------- Original message -------------- From: Liz Celeste <lizceleste17> I just can't get my son to stop playing this imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively social with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why. He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend again. Any thoughts?Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

your rubella is higher then it should be. is this IGG or IGM??

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

repetative play is very normal for our children with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours on end and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible) has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless all of you. Takes time...Never give up

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Liz Celeste <lizceleste17>

I just can't get my son to stop playing this imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively social with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why. He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend again. Any thoughts?

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

we did 5 drops daily

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

repetative play is very normal for our children with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours on end and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible) has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless all of you. Takes time...Never give up

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

It is IgG (the general IgM and IgA testing was normal--but that was from an allergist whos clueless on yeast (florastor--better than most I guess--he got fired 2.5 years ago) and IgG testing...I remember matty getting a fever and one of the DaTPs was killer (need to get those and Hep B titers done...will wait til friday and get them done right)..funny how different Enzo Labs were compared to Quest. Not sure if Enzo is the answer, but we've had gut issues since birth and the poops got mushy after MMR (which he may have had his FIRST MMR at one month--we'll see!) but I was still in the dark and thought it might be from magnesium (so sleep deprived at the time I have had to go back to food diaries). Interested in the Vit A (and your Vit C remark...that one is killing me!)

Got a specific test you like? Odd...he had a neg on the paravirus B19 antibody profile on both IgG and IgM. So much for testing...clinical presentations can tell alot when all else fails.

Thanks chick...I'll take all the help I can get..but gotta go drop some poop samples off before we get started again! TMI...but we're moms who can handle it! ;-)

lisa

your rubella is higher then it should be. is this IGG or IGM??

Recovering from Autism is a marathon

NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

Read more about it on my Blogs at

http://www.myspace.com/christelking

-------------- Original message --------------

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

no one can shock me any more with poop stories, I have cleaned wads of it throw on the celing durring PANDAS episods so fling away my friend....floristor by the way not cf, you can do the same thing with out the dairy in it by just doing sacc B, the best one we found was through allergy reaserch group. not sure have you treat the high rebella though.....ok if the IGM was normal that means you are immune but no cronic ongoing current infeaction, if it's been years since it was test I would ask your ped to retest the MMR both IGM and IGG WITH numbers saying you have heard there have been out breaks and you are wanting to make sure your child would be ok, and then see if they have normalized. not sure what you are talking about with the b19

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

don't think there was an IgM on rubella. I called florastor re: dairy, gluten, sugar and SOY....thanks for the heads up...know a few others that would drop on that news. FYI: Spectrum cod liver oil is safe and I love the guy heading up that company. Just got back from a girls night (it was supposed to be in Oct!)...my friend with 8 YO son went to see one of our docs...he's finally sleeping through the night and NORMAL poops (wow...we love the good stories)...as for poops...I can't compete with the ceilings, but try an elemental diet it can be shocking and there's nothing you can do to stay ahead of the curve (glad that's over with!!). should have gone to a tarot card reader tonight!

lisa

no one can shock me any more with poop stories, I have cleaned wads of it throw on the celing durring PANDAS episods so fling away my friend....floristor by the way not cf, you can do the same thing with out the dairy in it by just doing sacc B, the best one we found was through allergy reaserch group. not sure have you treat the high rebella though.....ok if the IGM was normal that means you are immune but no cronic ongoing current infeaction, if it's been years since it was test I would ask your ped to retest the MMR both IGM and IGG WITH numbers saying you have heard there have been out breaks and you are wanting to make sure your child would be ok, and then see if they have normalized. not sure what you are talking about with the b19

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

Its working.Christel King wrote:  no one can shock me any more with poop stories, I have cleaned wads of it throw on the celing durring PANDAS episods so fling away my friend....floristor by the way not cf, you can do the same thing with out the dairy in it by just doing sacc B, the best one we found was through allergy reaserch group. not sure have you treat the high rebella though.....ok if the IGM was normal that means you are immune but no cronic ongoing current

infeaction, if it's been years since it was test I would ask your ped to retest the MMR both IGM and IGG WITH numbers saying you have heard there have been out breaks and you are wanting to make sure your child would be ok, and then see if they have normalized. not sure what you are talking about with the b19 Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking Re: compulsive behavior....stimming again...video games repetative play is very normal for our children with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours

on end and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible) has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless all of you. Takes time...Never give up -------------- Original message -------------- From: Liz Celeste <lizceleste17> I just can't get my son to stop playing this imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively social

with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why. He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend again. Any thoughts? Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail! No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

yicks are you saying florastor people told you there was dairy gluten sugar AND soy in it, I knew about the glucose but ALL that, no wonder kids here are going psycho on it.....

No it doesn't have all the evil stuff...I've called twice...once on dairy/wheat/soy/sugar free and then gfcfsf and sugar...and was assured it was fine. Matty seems ok on it...but he's been on it so long that I don't know any other way. Another pal whose daughter has gotten so much better takes two a day--mom swears it helps with the pooping (hummm, in hindsight!). Let you know what happens when we switch it...for now i'm just going to try to get his bod tolerating lactobillis etc....that's been a really rough one for him.

That florastor is nasty...we can't do the pills and he's a riot and you'll think ahhhh, it's in and then I 'll get this grin and a sprinkler smile!

what labs do you like for the titers/IgG to shots and viruses. done with quest (after i drop off 19 vials of poop tomorrow and 5 more (one is a 3 day fun one) in 10 days.

lisa

yicks are you saying florastor people told you there was dairy gluten sugar AND soy in it, I knew about the glucose but ALL that, no wonder kids here are going psycho on it.....

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

there IS milk in it. it contains lactose.....

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

• 1 month later...

To Christel,

Where do you get you Vit A drops and what is the dosing you use?

Thanks.

> we just simpley got these results from our first dose

of only 5 drops daily doing the low daily dose for the measels. on

day one first dsoe 4 hours after NO more visual stimming, it never

came back either......we did the dose for about 2 months, got a

measels out break confirmed by 4 dr's and then went OFF the vit A.

slowly over the next two weeks. lang took off from this point as

well.

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> Re: compulsive

behavior....stimming again...video games

>

>

> repetative play is very normal for our children

with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours on end

and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of

paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book

before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the

protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and

hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as

many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible)

has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless

all of you. Takes time...Never give up

>

> -------------- Original message --------------

>

>

>

>

> I just can't get my son to stop playing this

imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know

what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively

social with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old

boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory

overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why.

He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is

playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in

school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was

doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend

again. Any thoughts?

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 -

Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

---

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast

with Yahoo! Search.

>

---

>

>

>

-----

> More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!

>

>

-----

>

>

>

-------

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release

Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

>

>

---------

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release

Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM

>

>

>

>

>

-----------

>

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release

Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

>

we buy ours from klaire labs, I belive new begingings has also come out with one

Re: compulsive behavior....stimming again...video games> > > repetative play is very normal for our children with autism. My daughter use to sit on the couch for hours on end and shake barbie doll heads. Line up cars, Flap every piece of paper she came into contact with and tap on every pageof a book before she would turn a page. It's all gone now. Due to all the protocol she has been doing with the gluatathione and chelation and hyperbarics seem the best of course the diet. Even not giving as many carbs and switching to nut flours (rotate as much as possible) has helped. Can't go all the way scd to many allergies. God bless all of you. Takes time...Never give up> > -------------- Original message -------------- > > > > > I just can't get my son to stop playing this imaginary hand game...where he makes a cha cha sound. I don't know what to do now. He is 5.4, completely verble, he is selectively social with kids and some adults and very social with ten year old boys and all girls. It seems to be an escape from a sensory overload...but it has become obsessive and I can't figure out why. He does like video games and star wars films and he says he is playing, but it almost looks like a tick and is distruptive in school and has caught the attention of everyone around us. He was doing so great a year ago with no stims. Not sure why this happend again. Any thoughts? > > ----------------------------------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > -------------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------> More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1205 - Release Date: 12/31/2007 3:32 PM> > > -----------------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM> > > -------------------------------------------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 1/2/2008 11:29 AM> > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.4/1276 - Release Date: 2/13/2008 9:41 AM