RemedySpot.com

Re: wanting vertical lift info......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Keli, I had an explant without a lift and while I was fully expecting I'd need one, my ps didn't think I would. At the time of my explant, I wasn't even aware that explants were done without lifts!!! At any rate, if you feel that you can trust your ps when he/she says that you don't need a lift, then I woudn't worry about it. Like I said, my ps said she didn't think I'd need one, but in the preop holding area, when she was drawing all over me, I made her promise me that if she got the implants out and my breasts were real saggy, that she would do one. She agreed wholeheartedly and said that she would never let me out of the OR if she personally would be embarrassed with the outcome. And low and behold, I didn't have a lift and my breasts look good. In regards to doing the lift at a later time--sure you can do that, but it's always best to do everything at once if possible. Everytime you have anesthesia of any sort, it is taxing on your body physically and mentally and to have to undergo 2 separate surgeries would obviously be something that you would want to try to avoid. However, sometimes docs will do separate surgeries if physically you're not doing well and in some cases it may be better to wait and do the surgery at a later date. However, if you and your doc do decide to do a lift, I would choose to have it done all at once. But if you truly trust him and he's saying that you don't need one, ask him why he thinks that and ask him to justify his responses. If he can do that, then I would listen to him and trust him. Worst case scenario is that you aren't happy and have a lift done at a later time. e, RN, BSN ----- Original Message ----- From: kelijaye Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 2:03 AM Subject: wanting vertical lift info...... Hi LadiesCan anybody tell me a bit about the vertical lifts? I am hoping tohave my saline implants removed in May and am trying to work outwhether or not to get a lift. One of my consulting surgeons saidthat I don't really need one and the scars wouldn't be worth it forthe amount of lift that I'd get. However I feel that I could benefitfrom a lift.Here's my questions - Anybody regret having a lift at the same timeas explant? Do you think that it could be more beneficial waitinguntil fully healed after explant to see what my breasts turn out like?Do they actually cut into the breast tissue or is it just the skin?I am very concerned about my breasts looking "cut in half". I knowthat this can happen but they usually fluff out and fill in properlybut what if they don't????Sorry, so many questions, but living in Australia I don't have theluxury of going to any of the well known explant surgeons that I haveheard so much about.Thanks girl,Keli.