RemedySpot.com

Too much Copper/ Why some need Zinc ALONE.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kathy and Di from Sue,

First of all...the answer below is NOT my post...I think it came from aRose????--on DEC.1st of 2007.

(Whenever I see a post I find valuable... I cut and paste it then send it to myself and re-title it to my needs..

Hence... you see the title = "Too much copper / Why some need zinc ALONE."

My 22 yr. old son.. who is Buyer for a Natural Food Store..told me to get a supplement that had both

zinc and copper together..since MOST people NEED it that way... it's often sold that way.

BUT BUT

BUT --when I muscle test... I ONLY need Zinc..lots of it and NO copper per muscle testing..

(I LOVE the Liquid Zinc Sulfate ZNC (Systemic Formulas, Bio Nutriment).. from Infinity Health in CO... google it..if desired

ANYWAY---

Even though the normal dosage is 2 tsps.---- I often need 2-3 TBSP..once or twice per day when FIGHTING cold symptoms.

I often can nip a cold BEFORE it gets to the sore throat --right as the chest feels a bit heavy =precold sensations...)

Getting back to the copper topic now...

I'm so glad you asked about this question... because after re-reading this topic I had stored in my efiles....

------I JUST realized that this could --ALSO--help remedy my husbands

sore/ leg / pains... per muscle testing just now...( as it appears he has too much copper--per muscle testing now)

----Thank you for bringing up the topic again...!!!!

And HERE is someone ELSE"S research on the subject....and NOT ME talking below.!!!

Whoever (arose) is please let us know who you are --- since this was a great post.. I think.

Thanks, Sue

See

Below for the original post.

(This Explains why many may need more Zinc..... than copper...)

COPPER TOXICITY:When you are ill with something like Candida, the body tries to use the copper to fight infection (not releasing copper from the body) and you become copper toxic over time. When in excess in the body, Copper does the following: Suppresses potassium storage in the cells (sore muscles anyone?). Potassium also helps the thyroid gland produce energy in the body (low energy anyone?). Copper suppresses adrenal gland function. The adrenals act as a *fuel pump* in the body. The adrenals also help control BLOOD SUGAR (this explains why I sometimes have cravings but no reason to explain it) and allergy response (I have a few food allergies that mysteriously come and go, even when I know I don't have leaky gut). Copper blocks the function of zinc. Zinc is involved in thousands of energy and immune-related cycles. High copper and low Zinc have been found to cause depression and mental disorders (I feel depressed and low energy quite often). Copper suppresses iron storage. Low iron causes anemia. Copper causes abnormal depositing of calcium in the soft tissues and this has been show to depress thyroid function (causes low energy also) and causes increased viral activity.I was LOW ENERGY yesterday and my left side body muscles were killing me. I took an Aleve which usually works but it was barely touching it.Around midnight, I started doing some research because sometimes when I take potassium and magnesium with some food, it takes the pain away and I thought there has to be more to the equation than this. The above was the rest of the equation.What did I take? I grabbed 2 potassium pills, 1 magnesium (33% of RDA), 1 zinc (50 mg or 333% of RDA), and 1 500 mg Ester Vitamin C.After taking the above items with a few teaspoons of flaxseed (always take vitamin supplements with food in your stomach for improved absorption) I felt MUCH better within an hour. In fact, I felt so energetic that initially it was hard to fall asleep but I finally did. When I woke this morning, it was the first time in WEEKS that I didn't have a sore shoulder and calves that acted like they were going to *charley horse* if I stretched them. I got up, did some weight resistance training (I haven't had the energy to do this until today) and then did jumping jacks and jogging for about 20 minutes. I have TONS of energy today and I'm shocked it reacted this quickly. Of course, I did make sure that before I went to bed last night that I drank a lot of water in order to help the copper get out of my system :)WHAT TO TAKE TO GET RID OF EXTRA COPPER IN YOUR SYSTEM:50 mg of Zinc daily (do NOT exceed 80 mg in a day)500 mg of ESTER vitamin CSulphur which you can get in your diet from eggs, onions and garlic.All of the above help your body get rid of extra Copper.When you are feeling better, you can likely cut your Zinc back to 25 mg or even as low as 5mg, gauging how you feel over time (if you lose energy, it may likely be that the copper is building up in your system and you need to up your zinc).I have been very aggressively fighting my Candida with medication (DIflucan) and herbs in the last few weeks and know i had a lot of die-off (which likely makes the body store a lot of copper in order to fight all the toxic substances floating around). I hope this information will help others of you who aren't feeling very energetic from your candida and also finding you stall on Atkins or other LC programs. :yay: :yay:

arose

Sat, Aug-

5a.

Re: Questions about copper, zinc and family diseases

Posted by: "diatplay" diatplay@... diatplay

Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:40 pm (PST)

I had very elevated copper and a zinc def with all pregnancies - and post partum with all as a result. We are treating my son's zinc copper issue at this time through The Pfeiffer Treatment Center's protocol of vitamin supplementation, and are pleased so far with the results of this therapy...though it is always hard know which exact thing is working the best...as we are SCD legal foods only in our home, minus casein, we are on valtrex and diflucan, and then the Pfeiffer vitamin protocol. GO to www.hriptc.org or goodle Pfeiffer Treatment Center autism, and you will find the most thorough research on this specific issue thta is out there to my knowledge. Good luck. Di>> Does anyone have experience with this? Do you have an affected kid > that takes zinc to reduce copper? I'm very interested in learning as > much as possible about the relationship between copper and the kinds > of illnesses that seem to run in some of our families (learning > disabilities, spectrum disorders, depression, thyroid disorders > etc.). What do you know about this relationship? Where did you find > the answers?>

Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post