RemedySpot.com

Re: 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I always say that if you want another child, have one.  You can't know what is going to happen anymore with the 3rd than you could with the first.  I planned my second to the day without knowing *exactly* what was going on with my asd son but even if I had known, I don't think it would have stopped me.  I did get a little nervous when we found out my second was a boy but I *knew* everything was going to be fine with him.  It was just different all the way around.  My pregnancy was different, birth was different and his behavior at birth was different.  He was simply a typical child.  And he was the best decision we made - for us and our asd son.  If you want more kids and can financially support another child, don't let the fear of asd stop you.CherylI know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand.God BlessTina 26Lyric 5 1/2Harmony 2 1/2P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I think if you take what you learn from this journey health wise your odds for another spectrum child goes down. haivng a girl helps, not that we have control of that. we made the leap for number 2 after dx due to our dreams being crushed and wanting those to still be out there in another kid, little did we know she would have been so wonderful for our ASD child. one of my top picks for intervention!!!! it forced him to communicate, gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and lang....it pushed him to get better and WANT to get better, to get to know and interact with this thing called sister. we just had a 3rd baby ourself 5 months ago and he (our ASD well FORMER ASD child) LOVES his little sister and has been PROUD as he says to be a big brother and to teach HER stuff,,,,,,

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand.

God Bless

Tina 26

Lyric 5 1/2

Harmony 2 1/2

P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

I was in a similar situation a few years ago, when I had my 2 boys with my oldest having ASD. I really wanted a third and felt that if my third child had an ASD I would be aware very early and get help so it was a risk worth taking. My daughter does not have ASD and my younger son and daughter have each other to play with so I am glad that I did it. I was very careful and ate no gluten or tuna! This was 7 years ago so I think people know even more now about what things can make a pregnancy safer. My younger son and daughter both have issues that we have do deal with, sensory integration issues,attention issues and fine and gross motor delays so there are risks that siblings can have challenges even if they don't have ASD but they are bright, soical children and I wouldn't make a different decision if I had the chance to do it over again. The one thing that I would do differently is not vaccinate my younger two. I stretched out their vaccinations and my daughter got no mercury but what I have read lately about aluminum and other toxins I'm not sure there are any safe vaccines

--------------- Ezorsezor@...

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Tina PaytonSent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:11 AMTo: ANDI-ADI ; autism-mercury ; EnzymesandAutism ; gfcfkids ; mb12 valtrex Subject: 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand.

God Bless

Tina 26

Lyric 5 1/2

Harmony 2 1/2

P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.

I also did the diet for the last 2 kids and neither has ASD, we also didn't vaccinate and they have been gfcfsfefnfyf since birth, the 2nd since BEFORE conception and the 3rd since 2 months before birth (she has the best health irronically) we did IGE testing on mom and dad and comeplete removed common ones to prevent allergies in the children. and I did IGG tests and avoided what I and my ASD son had in common.

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

RE: 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

I was in a similar situation a few years ago, when I had my 2 boys with my oldest having ASD. I really wanted a third and felt that if my third child had an ASD I would be aware very early and get help so it was a risk worth taking. My daughter does not have ASD and my younger son and daughter have each other to play with so I am glad that I did it. I was very careful and ate no gluten or tuna! This was 7 years ago so I think people know even more now about what things can make a pregnancy safer. My younger son and daughter both have issues that we have do deal with, sensory integration issues,attention issues and fine and gross motor delays so there are risks that siblings can have challenges even if they don't have ASD but they are bright, soical children and I wouldn't make a different decision if I had the chance to do it over again. The one thing that I would do differently is not vaccinate my younger two. I stretched out their vaccinations and my daughter got no mercury but what I have read lately about aluminum and other toxins I'm not sure there are any safe vaccines

--------------- Ezorsezoracedsl

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Tina PaytonSent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:11 AMTo: ANDI-ADI ; autism-mercury ; EnzymesandAutism ; gfcfkids ; mb12 valtrex Subject: 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

God Bless

Tina 26

Lyric 5 1/2

Harmony 2 1/2

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

You do have control. Have another baby and don't vaccinate MaurineChristel King wrote: I think if you take what you learn from this journey health wise your odds for another spectrum child goes down. haivng a girl helps, not that we have control of that. we made the leap for number 2 after dx due to our dreams being crushed and wanting those to still be out there in another kid, little did we know she would have been so wonderful

for our ASD child. one of my top picks for intervention!!!! it forced him to communicate, gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and lang....it pushed him to get better and WANT to get better, to get to know and interact with this thing called sister. we just had a 3rd baby ourself 5 months ago and he (our ASD well FORMER ASD child) LOVES his little sister and has been PROUD as he says to be a big brother and to teach HER stuff,,,,,, Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter? I

know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I

personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand. God Bless Tina 26 Lyric 5 1/2 Harmony 2 1/2 P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no

option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

I have to say here that I know of 2 families who have ASD kids'.Did not vaccinate their siblings and they also have autism.It helps but it does not ensure that the child will not have autism.You can also take other preventions.Maurine Meleck wrote: You do have control. Have another baby and don't vaccinate MaurineChristel King <christelking1verizon (DOT) net> wrote: I think if you take what you learn from this journey health wise your odds for another spectrum child goes down. haivng a girl helps, not that we have control of that. we made the leap for number 2 after dx due to our dreams being crushed and wanting those to still be out there in another kid, little did we know she would have been so wonderful for our ASD child. one of my top picks for intervention!!!! it forced him to communicate, gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and lang....it pushed him to get better and WANT to get better, to get to know and interact with this thing called sister. we just had a 3rd baby ourself 5 months ago and he (our ASD well FORMER ASD child) LOVES his little sister and has been PROUD as he says to be a big brother and to teach HER stuff,,,,,, Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter? I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already

minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from

parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand. God Bless Tina 26 Lyric 5 1/2 Harmony 2 1/2 P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus

Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, wemust dream; not only plan but also believe."

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

true, were they on the diet, had no fillings? ate no tuna? house with no lead?? all those things also effect stuff

1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

God Bless

Tina 26

Lyric 5 1/2

Harmony 2 1/2

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, wemust dream; not only plan but also believe."

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

I had a child after my son, but it was a

girl, but I agree with Maurine.  I waited 6 months and started one at a time,

by the 3rd it was obvious she wasn’t even handling this

situation and stopped all together.  But I don’t even think that not

vaccinating is enough.  You need to avoid dairy, probably gluten and REALLY

watch soooo closely for food intolerance and most definitely yeast.  I added

CLO while breastfeeding her, and when I switched to formula went right to

alimentum.  Our kids definitely have some predisposition of autoimmune issues

and should be watched carefully and constantly tested.  My little one has many

food intolerances but she is my most independent thinker at 4yrs.  If I had

continued to vaccinate I know there would be a whole host of other issues to

contend with.  It’s such a personal choice whether or not to have other

children but I absolutely hate when people give their opinions that they think

you are crazy for trying again and “aren’t you afraid?” No

one has the right to tell anyone whether or not to have a child. 

My little one is really good at helping

with intervention.  She is in his face 24/7, he doesn’t always like it

and he unfortunately mostly prefers his older sister (because he was so close

with her before regression) but his little sister doesn’t give up and he

benefits tremendously from her stubborn nature.  She has been such a gift to

the whole family.    -    

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Maurine Meleck

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008

8:46 AM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: Re: 1 ASD

and 1 NT-should it matter?

You do have control. Have another baby and don't vaccinate

Maurine

Christel King

<christelking1verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

I think if you take what you learn from

this journey health wise your odds for another spectrum child goes down. haivng

a girl helps, not that we have control of that. we made the leap for

number 2 after dx due to our dreams being crushed and wanting those to still be

out there in another kid, little did we know she would have been so wonderful

for our ASD child. one of my top picks for intervention!!!! it

forced him to communicate, gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and

lang....it pushed him to get better and WANT to get better, to get to know and

interact with this thing called sister. we just had a 3rd baby ourself 5 months

ago and he (our ASD well FORMER ASD child) LOVES his little sister and has been

PROUD as he says to be a big brother and to teach HER stuff,,,,,,

Recovering from Autism is a marathon

NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

Read more about it on my Blogs at

http://www.myspace.com/christelking

ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting

to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2

with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like

I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I

know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just

before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD.

Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original

plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first

pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4,

really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway.

Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your

lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have

another child now more than it did the first or second time around, I

personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter

hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's

doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming

expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was

pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no.

Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was

enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me

and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration

into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our

family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see

only additions, even if they are hard to understand.

God Bless

Tina 26

Lyric 5 1/2

Harmony 2 1/2

P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th,

but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take

care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to

be.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14

AM

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I don't want to be the voice of doom here, but

not vaxing won't necessarily mean a non-ASD kid.

My 2nd ASD son hasn't received one vaccine.

I would say, if you want another baby, have one,

but research like crazy before you do. I knew

better than to vax, but ate tuna and had

emergency dental work during my pregnancy. I

would have lived with the pain, or had the tooth

pulled if I'd known then what I know now.

Also, be hyper-vigalent for any signs of ASD. My

radar was going off at 14 mos, but my husband was

resistant and I let him persaude me to wait and

see. I wish I'd intervened much much sooner.

Also, my son had the worst case of baby excema

I've ever seen. If I'd known then what I know

now, there are alot of things I would have done

differently at that point.

My point is, we all know that ASD can be cured.

If you have another baby the possibility exists

that he or she will have ASD. Just prepare

yourself to do everything you can for your child

as soon as possible.

--- Maurine Meleck

wrote:

> You do have control. Have another baby and

> don't vaccinate

>

> Maurine

>

> Christel King

> wrote:

> I think if you take what you learn

> from this journey health wise your odds for

> another spectrum child goes down. haivng a

> girl helps, not that we have control of that.

> we made the leap for number 2 after dx due to

> our dreams being crushed and wanting those to

> still be out there in another kid, little did

> we know she would have been so wonderful for

> our ASD child. one of my top picks for

> intervention!!!! it forced him to communicate,

> gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and

> lang....it pushed him to get better and WANT to

> get better, to get to know and interact with

> this thing called sister. we just had a 3rd

> baby ourself 5 months ago and he (our ASD well

> FORMER ASD child) LOVES his little sister and

> has been PROUD as he says to be a big brother

> and to teach HER stuff,,,,,,

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> 1 ASD and 1 NT-should

> it matter?

>

>

> I know this is probably way off the

> wall, but my heart is wanting to always

> persevere, while still questioning everything.

> My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate

> labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo.

> just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my

> now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know

> the concerns we had for him would finally be

> labeled soon after. Just before she was born

> started the endless nights of research and

> tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of

> course. To my question, my plan, our original

> plan, the dream of a big family, was already

> minimized before the first pregnancy down from

> 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more

> towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but

> who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway.

> Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly

> strive for ways to better your lives right so

> should the fear of special needs loom over the

> decision to have another child now more than it

> did the first or second time around, I

> personally think not, but would love to hear

> what others feel. My daughter hasn't been

> updated on vaccines since just before her two

> month visit. She's doing so well. My son is

> doing really REALLY well compared to the

> looming expectations I was given 3 years ago.

> Even when they asked me both times I was

> pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for

> Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and

> well my family history and just the plain

> possibility was enough to tell me that I was

> taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led

> me and pulled us through. Advice from parents

> on things to put extra consideration into would

> also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a

> new loved one to our family will be taking

> anything away from the rest of my family. I

> truly see only additions, even if they are hard

> to understand.

> God Bless

> Tina 26

> Lyric 5 1/2

> Harmony 2 1/2

> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the

> tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being

> on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's

> time to take care of it another way right? If a

> 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

> them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

> 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

> them fast with Yahoo! Search.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

I was thinking the same thing a year ago. I ended up deciding not to have a 3rd,

but not

because I was afraid of autism. I did not vaccinate my two year old boy, and he

does not

have autism. I feel like I know what to do to make sure a 3rd does not get it,

(not

vaccinate, do GFCF until they are 2) but it is for other reasons that we decided

not to have

#3. I am sad to not have the 3rd I always dreamed of having, so I want to make

sure that

anyone else who wants that dream...should follow it. I was one of three girls,

and I loved

it.

Shena.

> I think if you take what you learn from this journey health wise

your odds for

another spectrum child goes down. haivng a girl helps, not that we have control

of that.

we made the leap for number 2 after dx due to our dreams being crushed and

wanting

those to still be out there in another kid, little did we know she would have

been so

wonderful for our ASD child. one of my top picks for intervention!!!! it

forced him to

communicate, gave a 18 hour a day role model of play and lang....it pushed him

to get

better and WANT to get better, to get to know and interact with this thing

called sister. we

just had a 3rd baby ourself 5 months ago and he (our ASD well FORMER ASD child)

LOVES

his little sister and has been PROUD as he says to be a big brother and to teach

HER

stuff,,,,,,

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> 1 ASD and 1 NT-should it matter?

>

>

> I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to

always

persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD

I hate

labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got

pregnant with

my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him

would finally

be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of

research and

tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan,

our

original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first

pregnancy

down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2

was great

to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing,

when

you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of

special needs

loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or

second time

around, I

> personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter

hasn't been

updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well.

My son is

doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3

years ago.

Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to

check for

Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just

the

plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid

and faith has

led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra

consideration

into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our

family will

be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions,

even if they

are hard to understand.

> God Bless

> Tina 26

> Lyric 5 1/2

> Harmony 2 1/2

> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but

after being on

the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way

right? If a 4th

comes he or she was definetly meant to be.

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>

>

>

> No virus found in this incoming message.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008

9:14 AM

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>

-I'm facing the same dilemma now...I always thought three kids was

what I wanted. Luckily, I got pregnant with my youngest before 's

diagnosis. I say luckily because if I knew then what I know

now...there might not have been a second :( and he has been the

biggest blessing. My boys are 2 years, 3 months apart and I had the

youngest one do GFCF at the same time as the older one. He still has

issues, but not autism. speech delays, gi issues. sometimes I wonder

if I " saved " him from autism by having him on the diet. He has yeast,

lacking some beneficial bacteria...just like big brother (and me).

I really think I know what happened...I think that the antibiotics i

had around the time of ryan's birth (iv for group B Strep then two

more for bladder, mastitis by the time he was 10 days old) passed

through the breast milk, starting this whole mess. and starting it

with me as well. My health began declining at that time, but it was

so gradual, I never linked it to the antibiotics. I got pregnant with

carson (as screwed up as my body was, i feel it affected him), got the

diagnosis for , was later diagnosed with IBS myself, and then it

still took me a year to figure out the antibiotic connection. In all

those stinking questionnaires, no one ever asked me about antibiotics

that I took...only what ryan took.

So, back to the original point. I don't plan on getting pregnant

again until I have my health back. I think I'd be putting the child

at risk. I've just started the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for myself

and I'll do whatever it takes to feel better. it's hard to say how

long that will take, though. so, hopefully I'll have lots of nieces

and nephews :)

Kari

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

>

I have been thinking so much about this topic lately. My oldest

boy, 4, has PDD that was diagnosed 6 months ago. I also have

a second boy, 18 months, who was born before we ever knew that his

brother has autism. In June, not only were we hit with the huge

blow of being told that our older son is on the spectrum but also,

our little one fell ill with a viral infection and regressed

(lost eye contact, started having terrible gut issues, was delayed

in gross but not fine motor skills etc.) Prior to this illness he

was a delightful and completely NT baby.

I started researching day and night, put both boys on a strict

GFCFSF diet, called Early Intervention immediately for my

younger son and stopped vaccinating. The last 6 months have been

a complete nightmare with regards to my personal health and stress

level, but a joy when I think of how far my boys have come. My

18-month-old is now completely NT. In fact he just had a team

evaluation in which the clinicians unanimously concluded that he

has no trace of an autism spectrum disorder OR any other diagnosis.

Even though I have killed myself over the diet, supplements and

worried obsessively (like all of you), what could be more gratifying

than being told that one's previously threatened child is now NT?

My older boy has come so far though he still struggles with

appropriate social interaction and repetetive behaviors. However

the severity of his condition is greatly reduced and on most days I

imagine him as an extremely high functioning if not typical adult. I

have plans of chelation and anti-viral treatment for him anmd I have

no doubt that he will be a responder.

In the meantime (in the midst of my darkest period of anxiety

and exhaustion), I discovered that I was pregnant again. This was

COMPLETELY unplanned and we had decided not to have any more

children. I agonized over what to do and whether it would be fair

to my boys to now have Mom's attention divided with another

sibling and more importantly whether my husband and I would be

able to (financially, logistically and emotionally) care for another

child who might also be affected. My entire family encouraged me

to terminate the pregnancy, my mother most vehemently. I was SO

conflicted but eventually decided to schedule a termination.

At the last minute, I had this sudden moment of amazing clarity

and conviction. I could not proceed with the termination. Everyone,

including my husband, was angry with me and could not understand

my 'irrational and self destructive' decision. I stuck to my gut and

refused to entertain any further thought of termination.

Almost from the day I made the decision to keep the baby, my life

turned around. My anxiety and feelings of helplessness evaporated.

I started feeling well again. My boys started doing amazingly well.

They are, and have always been the joy of my life. But whereas

caring for them had started seeming like an immense burden, it

was now so manageable. Perhaps I was getting over the initial

shock of learning that our family had been hit with autism, but

I do feel that it had much more to do with making the tough

but right decision to not give up on this third baby but to reach

out to her with a positive and hopeful attitude. We just

learned that we are having a girl and I am now 17 months along.

We don't know what this baby will bring to us, but I hope that it

will be more joy. I take any measures I can for her health and

hope that she will be healthy and wonderful sister to her big

brothers. I now have my husband's support and that means a lot.

My feeling is that this is a very difficult and personal decision

that requires a great deal of reflection and thought. And there are

times (as in our case) that nature defies planning. I guess

our experience has made me somewhat fatalistic.

Good luck!

-

>

> I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting

to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is

now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2

yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr

old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would

finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the

endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with

that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream

of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy

down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4,

really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife,

anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for

ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs

loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the

first or second

> time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what

others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just

before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing

really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3

years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I

wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no.

Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain

possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I

praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents

on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I

don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be

taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only

additions, even if they are hard to understand.

> God Bless

> Tina 26

> Lyric 5 1/2

> Harmony 2 1/2

> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the

4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's

time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she

was definetly meant to be.

>

>

>

>

Wow! THANK GOD YOU KEPT YOUR PREGNANCY..with no vaccinations I am sure your daughter will be your most normal child, yet! Keep her on the same diet as the boys...I have a girl and she is 2 years younger than my regressive ASD son and she is the biggest and best thing that could have ever happened to our family and son...she is totally normal, but has milk issues...I vaccinated her til 2months and have stopped she is leaps ahead of other children her age and a pure delight....Good things will come to you keep your faith!

Dana

-------------- Original message from " Rahim" : --------------

I have been thinking so much about this topic lately. My oldest boy, 4, has PDD that was diagnosed 6 months ago. I also have a second boy, 18 months, who was born before we ever knew that his brother has autism. In June, not only were we hit with the hugeblow of being told that our older son is on the spectrum but also,our little one fell ill with a viral infection and regressed (lost eye contact, started having terrible gut issues, was delayed in gross but not fine motor skills etc.) Prior to this illness hewas a delightful and completely NT baby. I started researching day and night, put both boys on a strict GFCFSF diet, called Early Intervention immediately for my younger son and stopped vaccinating. The last 6 months have beena complete nightmare with regards to my personal health and stresslevel, but a joy when I think of how far my boys have come. My 18-month-old is now completely NT. In fact he just had a tea

m evaluation in which the clinicians unanimously concluded that he has no trace of an autism spectrum disorder OR any other diagnosis.Even though I have killed myself over the diet, supplements andworried obsessively (like all of you), what could be more gratifying than being told that one's previously threatened child is now NT? My older boy has come so far though he still struggles with appropriate social interaction and repetetive behaviors. However the severity of his condition is greatly reduced and on most days I imagine him as an extremely high functioning if not typical adult. I have plans of chelation and anti-viral treatment for him anmd I have no doubt that he will be a responder.In the meantime (in the midst of my darkest period of anxietyand exhaustion), I discovered that I was pregnant again. This was COMPLETELY unplanned and we had decided not to have any more children. I agonized over what to do and

whether it would be fairto my boys to now have Mom's attention divided with another sibling and more importantly whether my husband and I would be able to (financially, logistically and emotionally) care for anotherchild who might also be affected. My entire family encouraged meto terminate the pregnancy, my mother most vehemently. I was SOconflicted but eventually decided to schedule a termination. At the last minute, I had this sudden moment of amazing clarityand conviction. I could not proceed with the termination. Everyone,including my husband, was angry with me and could not understandmy 'irrational and self destructive' decision. I stuck to my gut and refused to entertain any further thought of termination. Almost from the day I made the decision to keep the baby, my life turned around. My anxiety and feelings of helplessness evaporated.I started feeling well again. My boys started doing amazingly well.They are, and have always been the joy of my life. But whereas caring for them had started seeming like an immense burden, it was now so manageable. Perhaps I was getting over the initial shock of learning that our family had been hit with autism, but I do feel that it had much more to do with making the toughbut right decision to not give up on this third baby but to reach out to her with a positive and hopeful attitude. We just learned that we are having a girl and I am now 17 months along.We don't know what this baby will bring to us, but I hope that it will be more joy. I take any measures I can for her health and hope that she will be healthy and wonderful sister to her big brothers. I now have my husband's support and that means a lot.My feeling is that this is a very difficult and personal decisionthat requires a great deal of reflection and thought. And there are times (as in our case) that nature defies planning. I

guess our experience has made me somewhat fatalistic.Good luck!->> I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was grea

t to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second> time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I d

on't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand. > God Bless> Tina 26> Lyric 5 1/2 > Harmony 2 1/2> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.> > > ________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Your story brought tears to my eyes...Good Luck...Blessings to you. I am sure baby number 3 will not be on the spectrum. I am convinced that regressive autism is from an overload of vaccinations and your older son is still so young and sounds like he is recovering. I never thought my son would be as far along as he is 5.4...in a typical kindergarten, talks beautifully with great inflection, reads, adds and has friends...he is a year behind in his fine motor skills, but that is just about it right now...and he even lost an obsessive compulsive behavior, which I thought would never end... thanks to the people on this site....I used the Vit A. I too have a family who doesn't support me and it is so hard....my own mother thinks that my son just grew out of autism...that it had nothing to do with biomeds or diet. They just don't get it. Unless you live it...you will never understand. Be Well,

Liz Rahim wrote: I have been thinking so much about this topic lately. My oldest boy, 4, has PDD that was diagnosed 6 months ago. I also have a second boy, 18 months, who was born before we ever knew that his brother has autism. In June, not only were we hit with the hugeblow of being told that our older son is on the spectrum but also,our little one fell ill with a viral infection and regressed (lost eye contact, started having terrible gut issues, was delayed in gross but not

fine motor skills etc.) Prior to this illness hewas a delightful and completely NT baby. I started researching day and night, put both boys on a strict GFCFSF diet, called Early Intervention immediately for my younger son and stopped vaccinating. The last 6 months have beena complete nightmare with regards to my personal health and stresslevel, but a joy when I think of how far my boys have come. My 18-month-old is now completely NT. In fact he just had a team evaluation in which the clinicians unanimously concluded that he has no trace of an autism spectrum disorder OR any other diagnosis.Even though I have killed myself over the diet, supplements andworried obsessively (like all of you), what could be more gratifying than being told that one's previously threatened child is now NT? My older boy has come so far though he still struggles with appropriate social interaction and repetetive behaviors. However

the severity of his condition is greatly reduced and on most days I imagine him as an extremely high functioning if not typical adult. I have plans of chelation and anti-viral treatment for him anmd I have no doubt that he will be a responder.In the meantime (in the midst of my darkest period of anxietyand exhaustion), I discovered that I was pregnant again. This was COMPLETELY unplanned and we had decided not to have any more children. I agonized over what to do and whether it would be fairto my boys to now have Mom's attention divided with another sibling and more importantly whether my husband and I would be able to (financially, logistically and emotionally) care for anotherchild who might also be affected. My entire family encouraged meto terminate the pregnancy, my mother most vehemently. I was SOconflicted but eventually decided to schedule a termination. At the last minute, I had this sudden moment

of amazing clarityand conviction. I could not proceed with the termination. Everyone,including my husband, was angry with me and could not understandmy 'irrational and self destructive' decision. I stuck to my gut and refused to entertain any further thought of termination. Almost from the day I made the decision to keep the baby, my life turned around. My anxiety and feelings of helplessness evaporated.I started feeling well again. My boys started doing amazingly well.They are, and have always been the joy of my life. But whereas caring for them had started seeming like an immense burden, it was now so manageable. Perhaps I was getting over the initial shock of learning that our family had been hit with autism, but I do feel that it had much more to do with making the toughbut right decision to not give up on this third baby but to reach out to her with a positive and hopeful attitude. We just learned that we

are having a girl and I am now 17 months along.We don't know what this baby will bring to us, but I hope that it will be more joy. I take any measures I can for her health and hope that she will be healthy and wonderful sister to her big brothers. I now have my husband's support and that means a lot.My feeling is that this is a very difficult and personal decisionthat requires a great deal of reflection and thought. And there are times (as in our case) that nature defies planning. I guess our experience has made me somewhat fatalistic.Good luck!->> I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was

2 yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4, really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife, anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the first or second> time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just before her two month

visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3 years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no. Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only additions, even if they are hard to understand. > God Bless> Tina 26> Lyric 5 1/2 > Harmony 2 1/2> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the 4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's time to take care of it

another way right? If a 4th comes he or she was definetly meant to be.> > > ________________________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

If you are prepared to love another child, even one with special

needs, God Bless you and go for it. However...read Nourishing

Traditions, the book/cookbook and make sure that your prenatal health

is EXTREMELY well looked after...lots of bone broths etc.

Immediately after birth make sure that your bone broths have beef

marrow bones and seaweed in them...look for a good Korean recipe.

This soup, a tradition in Korean homes has zinc and vits and minerals

that improve your recoup, avoid the pitfall of the high copper low

zinc post partum, and feed the baby via your milk what they need to

bolster their immune systems. We HAVE some control over whether our

kids are more or less susceptible to autism...only we never find out

this info until too late. Nutrition nutrition nutrition. Make sure

YOUR gut is in good shape going into your pregnancy...esp after the

extended time on birth control, and once the baby is on foods make

sure she/he gets Natren's Lifestart probiotics to courish her dev

gut/immune system esp if she is a c section. Take the time to bring

yourself to a state of optimal health before conceiving, and all

during your pregnancy, and then either spread out the shots or avoid

them entirely until your child's immune/nervous/digestive systems are

more developed....do all that and I would be STUNNED if you had

another child with autism. I do not believe in the autism

gene...only the autoimmune issues, some of which may be genetic of

course, that are the constant among almost all of us parents to these

kids - they are the precusor to the chain of events that leads to

autism. Diane

>

> I know this is probably way off the wall, but my heart is wanting

to always persevere, while still questioning everything. My son is

now 5 1/2 with his ASD I hate labeling him, anyway, when he was 2

yrs. 3 mo. just like I'd planned we got pregnant with my now 2 1/2 yr

old daughter, little did I know the concerns we had for him would

finally be labeled soon after. Just before she was born started the

endless nights of research and tears on ASD. Thankfully you came with

that of course. To my question, my plan, our original plan, the dream

of a big family, was already minimized before the first pregnancy

down from 6 kids to 3 or 4, husband 3, me leaning more towards 4,

really 1 or 2 was great to him, but who knew he'd land me for a wife,

anyway. Nothing is smooth sailing, when you constantly strive for

ways to better your lives right so should the fear of special needs

loom over the decision to have another child now more than it did the

first or second

> time around, I personally think not, but would love to hear what

others feel. My daughter hasn't been updated on vaccines since just

before her two month visit. She's doing so well. My son is doing

really REALLY well compared to the looming expectations I was given 3

years ago. Even when they asked me both times I was pregnant if I

wanted the test done to check for Downs Syndrome I told them no.

Knowing good and well my family history and just the plain

possibility was enough to tell me that I was taking a chance, but I

praid and faith has led me and pulled us through. Advice from parents

on things to put extra consideration into would also be helpful. I

don't believe that adding a new loved one to our family will be

taking anything away from the rest of my family. I truly see only

additions, even if they are hard to understand.

> God Bless

> Tina 26

> Lyric 5 1/2

> Harmony 2 1/2

> P.S. This time around we'll be tieing the tubes, no option for the

4th, but after being on the pill now for 10 years almost total, it's

time to take care of it another way right? If a 4th comes he or she

was definetly meant to be.

>

>

>

>