RemedySpot.com

Re: Who has tried amino acid testing?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

we did UAA trhrough DD and now give my son custom amino acid mix from Metabolic maintenance.He is calmer on it but I haven't noticed any other changes.nov2957 wrote: After a week of amino acids Deb Merlin's boy totally improved. His diagnosis was somewhere between ADHD/autism. His essential amino acid levels were low to very low: He was very low in isoleucine, leucine, lysine, histidine, valine, phenlylalanine. He was low in all the others. His glycine,serine,taurine levels also quite low; his asparagine,

glutamic acid levels were low. His only high amino acid was ornithine. I don't know why more docs don't test for amino acids. I am getting this done for my kids at the moment. He is still on amino acids to this day, and is getting As in college. He was a D student.He was already on a casein free diet, tried an antifungal w/o much success. They also gave him fish oil, taurine, GABA, inositol, B6 and a multi. His facial tics and oppositional behaviour totally disappeared. cath "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, wemust dream; not only plan but also believe."

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

we have done amino acid testing and you will find that a majority of our kids are low in them. However, do know that altho some kids improve rapidly with one particular protocol--it is not true for many of our kids. For most it is a more complicated task. MaurineNikki Barbieri wrote: we did UAA trhrough DD and now give my son custom amino acid mix from Metabolic maintenance.He is calmer on it but I haven't noticed any other changes.nov2957

<bailcthrnaol> wrote: After a week of amino acids Deb Merlin's boy totally improved. His diagnosis was somewhere between ADHD/autism. His essential amino acid levels were low to very low: He was very low in isoleucine, leucine, lysine, histidine, valine, phenlylalanine. He was low in all the others. His glycine,serine,taurine levels also quite low; his asparagine, glutamic acid levels were low. His only high amino acid was ornithine. I don't know why more docs don't test for amino acids. I am getting this done for my kids at the moment. He is still on amino acids to this day, and is getting As in college. He was a D student.He was already on a casein free diet, tried an antifungal w/o much success. They also gave him fish oil, taurine, GABA, inositol, B6 and a multi. His facial tics and oppositional behaviour

totally disappeared. cath "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, wemust dream; not only plan but also believe." Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Our son is on a special amino acid mix and we haven't noticed

anything huge yet (it's been about a month and 1/2)

After a week of amino acids

Deb Merlin's boy totally improved. His

> diagnosis was somewhere between ADHD/autism. His essential amino

acid

> levels were low to very low: He was very low in isoleucine,

leucine,

> lysine, histidine, valine, phenlylalanine. He was low in all the

> others. His glycine,serine,taurine levels also quite low; his

> asparagine, glutamic acid levels were low. His only high amino

acid

> was ornithine. I don't know why more docs don't test for amino

acids.