RemedySpot.com

Re: LEGAL ISSUE

Rate this topic

Guest guest

STAN OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP

HOW IS AUTISM LEGALLY DEFINED IN THE U.S.A

Why is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer

thanks

donna Schmidt

Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? Yahoo! Movies is all you need

alot of this has to do with insurence codes used for request of payment,. there is a group for that that will help

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

Re: Re: LEGAL ISSUE

Why is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer

thanks

donna Schmidt

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

Are you trying to get coverage for treatment of Autism, or of specific

health problems (e.g. treating Candidiasis, or food allergies, etc.)?

As a practitioner I advise my clients this way: The mainstream medical

system and insurance companies (who are advised by MD's) look at Autism

as an untreatable condition - except for behavioural therapies.  If

you're trying to claim for biomedical treatments with Autism as the

reason, then you're asking them to reimburse for something that's not

treatable.

As much as we need to change their understanding of Autism and

Biomedical interventions, we also need less stress in life.  Sometimes

you have to adapt your approach to work the system in your favour. 

Here in Canada where parents get far less medical reimbursement for

testing and treatments, insurance companies are responding (somewhat)

favorably to my letters that say we're treating food allergies or

dysbiosis or assessing them with conditions/symptoms that are known to

be effected by heavy metal toxicity.  I don't mention Autism in my

letters.

I don't think you're going to find a lawyer who can do much more than

this either.

donna schmidt wrote:

Why is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to

understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend a

good lawyer

thanks

donna Schmidt

Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes?

Yahoo!

Movies is all you need

No, I agree, you won't find one.  You can't code things as autism when treating biomedically.  You need to break it down into specific issues.  Your doc should know this.  Coding needs to be symptom specific.  As far as behavioral therapies, ST, OT, etc, that depends upon your state.  Here in CA we have AB88 which says they must provide therapies to autism if they provide it for other issues.  Doesn't always work well, though and does not apply to self funded policies.cherylAre you trying to get coverage for treatment of Autism, or of specific health problems (e.g. treating Candidiasis, or food allergies, etc.)?As a practitioner I advise my clients this way: The mainstream medical system and insurance companies (who are advised by MD's) look at Autism as an untreatable condition - except for behavioural therapies.  If you're trying to claim for biomedical treatments with Autism as the reason, then you're asking them to reimburse for something that's not treatable. As much as we need to change their understanding of Autism and Biomedical interventions, we also need less stress in life.  Sometimes you have to adapt your approach to work the system in your favour.  Here in Canada where parents get far less medical reimbursement for testing and treatments, insurance companies are responding (somewhat) favorably to my letters that say we're treating food allergies or dysbiosis or assessing them with conditions/symptoms that are known to be effected by heavy metal toxicity.  I don't mention Autism in my letters.I don't think you're going to find a lawyer who can do much more than this either.donna schmidt wrote:STAN OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELPHOW IS AUTISM LEGALLY DEFINED IN THE U.S.AWhy is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend a good lawyerthanksdonna Schmidt Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? Yahoo! Movies is all you need

thanks

we are in Singapore and ny insurance is german. they want me to show how autism is bio medical meaning he is " autistic" has a medical issue which makes him look like an autistic child. that is how we will do it. Keep you posted

Donna

Re: Re: LEGAL ISSUE

Are you trying to get coverage for treatment of Autism, or of specific health problems (e.g. treating Candidiasis, or food allergies, etc.)?As a practitioner I advise my clients this way: The mainstream medical system and insurance companies (who are advised by MD's) look at Autism as an untreatable condition - except for behavioural therapies. If you're trying to claim for biomedical treatments with Autism as the reason, then you're asking them to reimburse for something that's not treatable. As much as we need to change their understanding of Autism and Biomedical interventions, we also need less stress in life. Sometimes you have to adapt your approach to work the system in your favour. Here in Canada where parents get far less medical reimbursement for testing and treatments, insurance companies are responding (somewhat) favorably to my letters that say we're treating food allergies or dysbiosis or assessing them

with conditions/symptoms that are known to be effected by heavy metal toxicity. I don't mention Autism in my letters.I don't think you're going to find a lawyer who can do much more than this either.donna schmidt wrote:

thanks

donna Schmidt

Real people. Real questions. Real answers. Share what you know.

don't be offended, Yes I seemed to generalize , But let's face it my German Medical insurance thinks that my son has a psychological disorder and won't pay for his treatment, now I have to convince him that this is not the case. Will Germany okay for home ABA, speech theraphy etc. I am not German i am jsut repeating what many many germans including my husband say.

sorry but I am the one fighting for my son

NOpe, sorry Germany is NOT 40 years beind... they are much more advanced and open minded that some North Americans! Please, let's not generalize!! !!

Search. browse and book your hotels and flights through Yahoo! Travel

We find we have better luck by trying to code the various treatments

to be more pertinent to the cause (like chelation treatment for metal

toxicity) than mentioning 'autism treatment.' Insurance companies

here, at least, don't like to pay for autism treatments because they

think it is 'incurable' or the treatments are 'alternative' (read:

money down the black hole).

sally

>

>

>

> STAN OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP

> HOW IS AUTISM LEGALLY DEFINED IN THE U.S.A

> Why is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to

understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend

a good lawyer

> thanks

> donna Schmidt

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes?

> Yahoo! Movies is all you need

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes?

> Yahoo! Movies is all you need

> http://sg.movies.yahoo.com

>

thanks, and thanks to all the good advice, i am hoping that we will be able to change things in germany and not have the insurance companies close the door when they here autism, we will definitely use the codes and the ex, of california law that if they give the treatment for other disorders why not autism

Thanks

We find we have better luck by trying to code the various treatments to be more pertinent to the cause (like chelation treatment for metal toxicity) than mentioning 'autism treatment.' Insurance companies here, at least, don't like to pay for autism treatments because they think it is 'incurable' or the treatments are 'alternative' (read: money down the black hole).sally> > > > STAN OR ANYONE WHO CAN HELP> HOW IS AUTISM LEGALLY DEFINED IN THE U.S.A> Why is it that my insurance should pay, how do I get them to understand that his issue is not psychological. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer> thanks> donna Schmidt> > > > > > > > Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? > Yahoo! Movies is all you need> > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? > Yahoo! Movies is all you need> http://sg.movies. yahoo.com>

Search. browse and book your hotels and flights through Yahoo! Travel