RemedySpot.com

Re: a trace of gluten?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think that depends on the kid.I have seen some kids' have severe reactions.My kid doesn't seem different after an infraction.We were GFCF for 2 yrs plus.Went off of it and my son began to talk(go figure).We are back on to help heal his gut.Liz Celeste wrote: I know this is hard for the hardcore glutnites...but really is a trace of glutnen ok from time to time?sathya l <sl5466yahoo (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Hi, Can GABA be combined with other supps? Sathya Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, wemust dream; not only plan but also believe."

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

That is a very individual thing. My child cannot tolerate even small amounts of gluten or casein. Even traces of gluten cause him great GI distress and diahrea. And even tiny amounts of casein cause him GI pain and nightwakings. Our doc suspects he would have tested positive for celiacs but we didn't bother at the time, just removed it and saw almost immediate relief. Did your child have a very positive reaction to the removal of gluten and/or was he/she addicted to gluten containing foods? If your answer is yes to either of these questions, I would not risk it. Keep in mind it takes several weeks/months for gluten to leave the body so even a trace could cause harm for a long time. I'm sure there are kiddos out there who can tolerate a small amount from time to time. I definitely would give enzymes w/it. I'm sure others will chime in.

Dana

-----Original Message-----From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ]On Behalf Of Liz CelesteSent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 6:18 PMTo: mb12 valtrex Subject: a trace of gluten?

I know this is hard for the hardcore glutnites...but really is a trace of glutnen ok from time to time?sathya l <sl5466yahoo (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Hi,

Can GABA be combined with other supps?

Sathya

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Try an enzyme or 2 whenever there is an infraction. Houston or Kirkman

Labs makes the DPPIV enzyme. It's called peptizde or something... They

make a chewable.... it all depends on the child, it can help.cath

no not if you are trying to be gluten free, it takes 8 months for the body to recover from just one dose, so the body won't clear of it if you do this, meaning it can't heal

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

a trace of gluten?

I know this is hard for the hardcore glutnites...but really is a trace of glutnen ok from time to time?sathya l <sl5466yahoo (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Hi,

Can GABA be combined with other supps?

Sathya

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

I just wanted to add my two cents here. My ASD son reacts to gluten.

Because I had him GF at the time of my IBS diagnosis, I decided to

give gluten free a try as well. I quickly realized (in about 10 days

-2 weeks) that my GI issues were improving drastically. I also

noticed that this weird dizzy/lightheaded feeling that I experienced

often (was told it was a dust allergy symptom by a previous dr) went

away. it returned, however, about 60-90 minutes after any accidental

gluten infraction. then, the next day GI problems would return and

last 10 days-2 weeks. It was kind of nice to be able to test products

for him :) I'd try them first and if there were no problems, I'd give

him the go ahead.

I'm guessing that gluten sensitivity varies widely from person to

person, but since most ASD kids can't really explain what it is that

they're feeling, I wanted to let you know what my experience was. I'm

now on the Specific Carb. Diet with my son and because everything is

prepared from scratch, it minimizes the potential for gluten

infractions...we're both feeling much better as a result!

Kari

Hi,

> Can GABA be combined with other supps?

> Sathya

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.

Click here.

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Yes we are very gluten free in our home of 3 almost 4 years now. To explain better gluten is the hardest protein for the human body to digest. To explain a little more about how it works; milk or other proteins when avoided are gone in 3 days from the body and yes it takes 8 months of avoiding gluten to be free of gluten in your body because it takes that long to digest throughout the body. You can and will see improvement after 3 days of avoiding gluten. My son is severely autistic diagnosed at the same time we started the gluten free diet. After making lots of mistakes and finding it hard to eat gluten with him in the house; watching us. It changed our lives and I found it very hard to do without having the entire family on it. I cannot tell you what a difference it has made in our lives. It has cleared away most of the slight problems we barely noticed in our family. This is the range of symptoms we had in all members of our household when we had gluten in our

diets:Going to the bathroom a lot, sleep issues, inability to focus, depression, digestive issues, crankiness, stress, headaches, mood swings, lack of energy, I used to get flushed a lot, thirsty food cravings, I also lost 35 lbs on just taking gluten out of my diet. After the 8 month mark I saw huge changes in my son, he just seemed to open up. So I decided to go even further into the diet the more results I would see the further I would go. My son never reacted to casein and didn't seem like a big deal. We decided to be consistent and we avoided it for weeks and it just didn't seem to do much good, he was always cranky and fussy but improved slightly. There are so many possible triggers and I personally think through my experience that all autistic children should avoid; gluten casein, sugar, dyes, fast food, process foods and getting too much carbs in their diet (rice, potato, corn and other types of starches) We do not avoid them but we limit the intake

as it does act like sugar. It is a step process we climb uphill in this battle but it does pay off. More and more of my son comes out with each improvement we make. We finally have found foods that have nutritional value, he likes them and will eat them and he reacts to nothing. He is healing so good now and it has been a long road of many mistakes where I didn't really think these little things were a big deal until we took it all out. Doing this is the hardest thing we have ever done but well worth it.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

According to Rodney Ford, I think that's his name, of New Zealand,

calls himself Dr. Gluten, 1 in 100 is celiac, but 1 in 10 is gluten

sensitive. I think generally we all eat too much wheat products. It

is also very hybridized now. Do a google search on Dr. Rodney Ford.cath