RemedySpot.com

Re: Valtrex - what is the common dosage

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Our daughter is 4 and is on 1000 mg as well. She weighs about 42 lbs. It has always seemed high to me, but she regresses with anything less. We got her to swallow. Not easy, but a great relief. Good luck- Lorijenniferreif1 wrote: Hi All!We got our prescription filled today for Valtrex. Our son is 5 and about 52 pounds. Our DAN wrote a prescription for 1 500 mg. tablet twice a day (1000 mg. total per day) I

thought that this sounded a bit high? What do you think? What dosages are all of you on? Do any of you have your Valtrex compounded? Any tips for giving the medication to my son? The pharmacist told my husband that the pills were pretty bitter? My son does not swallow pills, so we need to crush them into something. He has been smelling a rat lately and is hesitant to drink anything that we give him. Thanks,

, Dose sounds right...that is what most do. Also, many parents split the pills and give 3 times a day..still giving 1000mg daily. Be sure to wash the blue coating off!! The pills are very bitter. We use to crush, dissolve in a tiny bit of water and then add something to give it flavor or we would crush and add it to pear sauce. Try hard to get your son to swallow it.....I know it's hard but once your child starts to swallow pills it makes life easier for both of you. :) Good luck, Angie jenniferreif1 wrote: Hi All!We got our prescription filled today for Valtrex. Our son is 5 and about 52 pounds. Our DAN wrote a prescription for 1 500 mg. tablet twice a day (1000 mg. total per day) I thought that this sounded a bit high? What do you think? What dosages are all of you on? Do any of you have your Valtrex compounded? Any tips for giving the medication to my son? The pharmacist told my husband that the pills were pretty bitter? My son does not swallow pills, so we need to crush them into something. He has been smelling a rat lately and is hesitant to drink anything that we give him. Thanks,

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Three times a day as the life of valtrex in the body is about 4 or 5

hours max I think. We give the val with GABA each time, and that is

a good idea as without it many kids get jumpy and nervous. This is

how we give meds to our 2.5 yo - it sounds awful but having them eat

some bitter awful concontion is worse IMO. Lay your child down on

the floor and place both your legs over her arms, using a plastic

meas cup handle or some other thing help her to holdher moth

open...the handle also acts as a tongue depresser. Drop in the val

and push it with your finger back past the point of gag reflex close

her mouth and say SWALLOW. FOllow with GABA. scoop her up and BIG

BIG PRAISE and THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR MEDICINE Now you do not

have to eat any yucky thing with medicine in it. ETC ETC we also

give Matt some apple right afgter or goat yogurt and honey - favorite

treats basically....whatever she loves. Matt takes a ton of sups and

vits and meds....all of them this way. It was tricky at first, but

better now, and we always know he has gotten all of it. Food is

food, and meds are meds in our house. Matt met his 9-12 month goals

in three months. Bio med is responsible for those gains in part, and

making sure that he gets all his " stuff " is important...we fond that

trying to be covert about it simply backfired for us, and hiding in

food was disastrous. Best of luck. Di

>

> Hi All!

>

> We got our prescription filled today for Valtrex. Our son is 5 and

> about 52 pounds. Our DAN wrote a prescription for 1 500 mg. tablet

> twice a day (1000 mg. total per day) I thought that this sounded a

bit

> high? What do you think? What dosages are all of you on? Do any of

you

> have your Valtrex compounded? Any tips for giving the medication to

my

> son? The pharmacist told my husband that the pills were pretty

bitter?

> My son does not swallow pills, so we need to crush them into

something.

> He has been smelling a rat lately and is hesitant to drink anything

> that we give him.

>

> Thanks,

>

>

where do you get the GABA?

Re: Valtrex - what is the common dosage

Three times a day as the life of valtrex in the body is about 4 or 5 hours max I think. We give the val with GABA each time, and that is a good idea as without it many kids get jumpy and nervous. This is how we give meds to our 2.5 yo - it sounds awful but having them eat some bitter awful concontion is worse IMO. Lay your child down on the floor and place both your legs over her arms, using a plastic meas cup handle or some other thing help her to holdher moth open...the handle also acts as a tongue depresser. Drop in the val and push it with your finger back past the point of gag reflex close her mouth and say SWALLOW. FOllow with GABA. scoop her up and BIG BIG PRAISE and THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR MEDICINE Now you do not have to eat any yucky thing with medicine in it. ETC ETC we also give Matt some apple right afgter or goat yogurt and honey - favorite treats basically... .whatever she loves. Matt

takes a ton of sups and vits and meds....all of them this way. It was tricky at first, but better now, and we always know he has gotten all of it. Food is food, and meds are meds in our house. Matt met his 9-12 month goals in three months. Bio med is responsible for those gains in part, and making sure that he gets all his "stuff" is important... we fond that trying to be covert about it simply backfired for us, and hiding in food was disastrous. Best of luck. Di>> Hi All!> > We got our prescription filled today for Valtrex. Our son is 5 and > about 52 pounds. Our DAN wrote a prescription for 1 500 mg. tablet > twice a day (1000 mg. total per day) I thought that this sounded a

bit > high? What do you think? What dosages are all of you on? Do any of you > have your Valtrex compounded? Any tips for giving the medication to my > son? The pharmacist told my husband that the pills were pretty bitter? > My son does not swallow pills, so we need to crush them into something. > He has been smelling a rat lately and is hesitant to drink anything > that we give him. > > Thanks,> >

Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? Yahoo! Movies is all you need

Kirkman Lab.

--------- Re: Valtrex - what is the common dosage

Three times a day as the life of valtrex in the body is about 4 or 5 hours max I think. We give the val with GABA each time, and that is a good idea as without it many kids get jumpy and nervous. This is how we give meds to our 2.5 yo - it sounds awful but having them eat some bitter awful concontion is worse IMO. Lay your child down on the floor and place both your legs over her arms, using a plastic meas cup handle or some other thing help her to holdher moth open...the handle also acts as a tongue depresser. Drop in the val and push it with your finger back past the point of gag reflex close her mouth and say SWALLOW. FOllow with GABA. scoop her up and BIG BIG PRAISE and THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR MEDICINE Now you do not have to eat any yucky thing with medicine in it. ETC ETC we also give Matt some apple right afgter or goat yogurt and honey - favorite treats basically... .whatever she loves. Matt takes a ton of sups and vits and meds....all of them this way. It was tricky at first, but better now, and we always know he has gotten all of it. Food is food, and meds are meds in our house. Matt met his 9-12 month goals in three months. Bio med is responsible for those gains in part, and making sure that he gets all his "stuff" is important... we fond that trying to be covert about it simply backfired for us, and hiding in food was disastrous. Best of luck. Di>> Hi All!> > We got our prescription filled today for Valtrex. Our son is 5 and > about 52 pounds. Our DAN wrote a prescription for 1 500 mg. tablet > twice a day (1000 mg. total per day) I thought that this sounded a bit > high? What do you think? What dosages are a

ll of you on? Do any of you > have your Valtrex compounded? Any tips for giving the medication to my > son? The pharmacist told my husband that the pills were pretty bitter? > My son does not swallow pills, so we need to crush them into something. > He has been smelling a rat lately and is hesitant to drink anything > that we give him. > > Thanks,> >

Tired of visiting multiple sites for showtimes? Yahoo! Movies is all you need